Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 07-16-2008, 01:29 PM   #1
cyman
Human being with feelings

Default Axiom 49 Setup: An easy way?

Hi there,

Is there some preset config so I can use all the buttons on my Axiom 49 from M-Audio?

Many people have maudio keyboards so I thought it would be cool if there was a pre-made plug-in to interface with it.
cyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 12:21 PM   #2
cyman

I'm guessing there isn't? Can anyone point me towards a manual for setting it up then?
Old 08-21-2008, 02:11 PM   #3
rickms

Funny. I own an Axiom and have not really done much with it other then use it as a midi control for playing. I have an 01X as a control surface. It would be nice to at least get the basic transport functions working within reaper.

I'm not sure how to do that.
rickms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 05:28 PM   #4
shane

Well, if the control messages are all one way (Axiom 49 -> Reaper) the easiest way is probably just to enable the correct MIDI input for control messages and then assign each control to the desired action in the actions menu.
Old 08-24-2008, 04:00 PM   #5
parr

I have an axiom49. I'm attaching the action's file I created to control reaper with axiom. But I would say that it is not a perfect solution. The mapping is a very personal thing. For instance, I mapped the pads to change screen views.
I recommend you to spend a while programming the map to fit you needs.
This file can anyway help you as a starting point.
Go to actions, show action list, and then import. Notice that the action file also includes the keyboard shortcuts, which I've also slightly changed. You can always restore the factory map, anyway.
Good luck!

juan
Attached Files
File Type: reaperkeymap axiom49.ReaperKeyMap (709 Bytes, 2189 views)
parr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 02:55 AM   #6
cyman

hey thats really handy but it's not working. I also did something weird to get the Axiom transport controls to work on another piece of software. The Axiom is working, just not the control buttons. I can see the input reflected as midi input to tracks in Reaper when I hit the buttons. Am I missing something? How do I get reaper to recognize the Axiom's buttons as a control surface?

I think what's happening is that maybe the Axiom is sending the buttons as midi commands over a channel that is not channel 0. Or maybe it is just redirecting all channels including channel 0 to the track's input.
It looks like Reaper checks that channel for control surface commands. Does this sound accurate and how can I fix it??

Thanks!
Old 08-29-2008, 03:42 AM   #7
drybij

I have an Axiom 49 also and have mapped the transport buttons to record, stop play/pause ff, rew. That's really handy when practicing with my band to just hit the "red button" and have Reaper do its thing. I can even teach the drummer to do it without a lot of repeating myself. :-D

I'd like to have the sliders and knobs do things (volume, pan, envelope drawing) too, but haven't come up with a scheme I like. There's only eight sliders on the Axiom. Also since Reaper can't control the position of the slider, then using absolute positioning will cause the Reaper to jump to the value of the Axiom slider. I haven't played with Reaper enough to know if there's a way around that.

Anyway, you gotta make sure the Axiom virtual midi port has been enabled for control in Reaper.

Good luck!
drybij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 02:52 AM   #8
cyman

Thanks,

That sounds promising. Could you tell me how you did that?

What's the virtual MIDI port you are refering to? Is that in Reaper or the M-Audio?
Old 08-31-2008, 03:59 AM   #9
cyman

SOLVED:
Ok, here's the steps, I got it now:

Options->Preferences->Midi Devices

In the top part, "MIDI inputs" you should see your MIDI device...
Right click and select BOTH "Enable Input" AND "Enable Input for control messages"
BOTH must be checked if you want to use your keyboard's sliders and stuff, as well as use it as a keyboard.

Ok, now you can use the file posted above for basic playback controls.

TO ADD YOUR OWN SETTINGS:
- Click: Action->Show action list...
- Click the action you want. Click Add..
- Press the control on the keyboard. It should detect it.
You can also choose between relative and absolute positioning.
For things like volume, where the range is 0-127, absolute is awesome for the Axiom's volume sliders. For other things, relative might be better. You need to experiment.
- Click OK, and then Close.

I'm working on a more comprehensive one for the AXIOM 49 and will post it shortly.
So far it has:
Control for track volumes and master volumes,
Transporting the cursor,
When you hit the play button while playing, it pauses instead of stopping. (Easy to change yourself, set to play/pause instead of play/stop)
Old 09-02-2008, 08:52 AM   #10
parr

Yes cyman, I forgot to tell you to set axionm as controller in reaper.

About transport buttons: you can send MMC meesages or normal midi messages. Axion can send both and Reaper understands both. At some point I preffered normal midi messages for transport.

I look forward to your keymap file!!

juan
parr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 02:50 PM   #11
SteelFatboy

Thanks to Parr and Cyman for helping with setup on my Axiom 49. Hey, Cyman I'm anxious to try your file...

Thanks again.

Shayne
SteelFatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 02:57 PM   #12
CaptainWasabi

Any updated files?
CaptainWasabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 09:42 AM   #13
winbe

Hello,

I am trying to decide which one to choose between different controlers, the PCM-300 was tempting BUT it has no "transpose +/-" !! It has only "octave +/-"... too bad..

But the Axiom 49 seems to be the ideal one for me.

I am surprised to see that many people seem to have problems configuring it and use it as a simple "keyboard"...

I am pretty sure (and hope) you can setup it so that the eight buttons under the slider arm/unarm the record on the tracks 1-8, use the faders for the volumes of tracks 1-8, use the play/pause/stop/record buttons, and use the rotary knobs to act on things such as cutoff... or program change (to browse sounds for example, when having a soundfont loaded in sfz)

What I really want to do is be able to setup my instruments in reaper, and then start a session of "loop recording" without having to touch the mouse or the PC keyboard, and using only the controls of the Axiom.
winbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 10:25 PM   #14
politcat

hey y'all

to keep the faders/parameters from jumping in reaper:

in reaper choose "relative 1" when assigning a knob/fader to an action

on the axiom assign MIDI CC 147 to the knob/fader (pg. 19 in the axiom manual)
politcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 01:22 AM   #15
winbe

Quote:
Originally Posted by politcat View Post
hey y'all
to keep the faders/parameters from jumping in reaper:
in reaper choose "relative 1" when assigning a knob/fader to an action
on the axiom assign MIDI CC 147 to the knob/fader (pg. 19 in the axiom manual)
hello there, I understand that it will be perfect with the "endless knobs", but with the faders ? I mean, what would be ideal would be a mode where you move them and it does not do anything until you reach the actual current value for the given parameter... (a kind of cheap "motorized fader"
Old 03-29-2009, 07:50 PM   #16
lunker

I picked up my Axiom 25 on Friday (today is Sunday).

Everything worked except the transport buttons. I was pulling my hair out, searching the internet, reading all documentation, etc. trying to find out what I was doing wrong.

I setup the transport buttons using the MMC library in the M-Audio Engima editor, so it didn't occur to me that the Axiom might not actually be sending the correct transport commands. (D'oh!) Finally, I recorded the MIDI SysEx data that was sent for each transport button, just to see what they were sending. Every transport key was sending MMC command 127! I set up the transport buttons following the instructions on page 30 of the Axiom manual, and everything works great now.

I took some time to learn more about Enigma -- technically, it was telling me about this problem, but I was too new to understand the data I was looking at. I also looked at the XML library files it comes with. In the MMC file, the MSB for the transport commands is undefined. I modified the Enigma MMC library XML file so that this won't bite me again.

Freaking pisses me off that I spent two days on this and it was the damn default settings that M-Audio gave me that were the problem. Maybe that's why some of the rest of you are having problems with the Axiom transport buttons.

Last edited by lunker; 03-29-2009 at 08:05 PM.
lunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 01:31 PM   #17
audiovoid

Default axiom 49 sending random messages to vsti's

Anyone have any idea why the Axiom 49 seems to be (half-assed) automapped to random parameters in vsti's that I open?
Is there some sort of general midi setting in reaper that Im missing or something?
It's so bad to where even when I midi learn a certain knob to one that was previously automapped, it just controls both parameters instead of replacing one.
I went through a bunch of the preset axiom banks to see if there were any that weren't mapped to random vsti parameters and I found number 3 seemed to be blank and well suited for a few of the synths I tried (sylenth1 and Blue).
But then I loaded up Kore, and the axiom's transport buttons spat out some messages that altered my kore patch. wtf?

I've never had this much confusion over midi setup in any other daw that I've ever used.
audiovoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 03:59 PM   #18
winbe

Default Reaper makes programming the Axiom a breeze !!

Hi there,

just installed my Axiom 49 !!
I tried Enigma but it crashes everytime when I try to download settings from the Axiom.

So I don't use it, but thanks to Reapers Actions ... and some SWS custom ones... I can do exactly what I want, and it is so easy to setup... !!

The transport buttons were programmed in 5 seconds, but then I must admit I did not found instantly how to use the "relative" settings... you have to find the right combination with CC 146 to 150 on the Axiom, it depends on what you want to do...

For me CC "149" combined with Reaper 'relative 1' worked very well.

I assigned a knob to simply go to the next/previous track, another one to change (increase/decrease) the volume of the selected track, with a third one I move the current play position.

Really cool.

Another cool thing, thanks to the SWS extensions... is that by pressing a button I can "select the track that has 'T5' in its name, and also select all its child, and unselect all the others".

So whatever the project and the order of the tracks, I just have to add "T1" to "T8" somewhere in the name of my tracks and I can instantly select them with one button.

Really cool.

The only thing I don't know how to use (except for some vsti parameters maybe) are the faders... because they use "absolute" positions...
(you could configure them to relative maybe, but physically, they are absolute anyway).

Also, I discovered the pads, and I love them. Easier to program fast hi hats for example. And the feeling is better (to me) than normal keys...

Now I need a good SysEx manager that will allow me to record/save my presets (but for now only one preset will be used I guess).
Old 04-04-2009, 04:35 PM   #19
audiovoid

yea the axiom (or any other controller) is easy to set up to control reaper features. Reaper itself is great for macro mapping with either qwerty keys or midi controls.
The problem is that when u start trying to map controls on vsti's you start getting overlaps and controls clashing with one another.
I currently can't stand the way that reaper handles vsti's and their controls.
audiovoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 12:08 PM   #20
matt_moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by winbe View Post
I assigned a knob to simply go to the next/previous track, another one to change (increase/decrease) the volume of the selected track, with a third one I move the current play position.

Really cool.
Hi Winbe - your pointers above have really helped me get started using my Axiom 61 to reaper, but now I'm stuck and wonder if you can help?

Transport - MMC worked fine out the box from the Axiom's GM mixer preset.
Knobs for scrolling the view/zoom, moving the cursor - all great.
And buttons to mute/solo and select/de-select all tracks, fine.

But I can't get any Reaper action that has "Toggle" in it to work at all - which is a bit of a problem when it comes to arming tracks??

And also, when you say "assigned a knob to simply go to next/previous track" - I've failed on that one. Because only actions I can see are 1 for Next, and another for Previous - and when I do assign any control, I end up jumping to the first or last track!

Help!! Which actions have you found to work, and which CC/note/whatever settings have you used on you axiom?

Cheers in advance, Matt
matt_moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 12:52 PM   #21
winbe

Hello there, and welcome !

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_moose View Post
And buttons to mute/solo and select/de-select all tracks, fine.

But I can't get any Reaper action that has "Toggle" in it to work at all - which is a bit of a problem when it comes to arming tracks??
I am confused here... you are ok with mute, solo, select... they are all "toggle" actions, aren't they ?

To arm track, I used the action "Track: Toggle record arm for selected track". I also have assigned another button to "Options -> Toggle metronome".

When you say it does not work, what is the problem, exactly ?

Quote:
And also, when you say "assigned a knob to simply go to next/previous track" - I've failed on that one. Because only actions I can see are 1 for Next, and another for Previous - and when I do assign any control, I end up jumping to the first or last track!
Help!! Which actions have you found to work, and which CC/note/whatever settings have you used on you axiom?
Here... thanks to this forum I found this action: "View: Go to track (midi CC only)". This is the one I use to go up or down within the tracks. The thing is to use the "relative 1" setting (and not absolute !)

Hope this helps !
Old 07-29-2009, 02:47 PM   #22
matt_moose

Quote:
Hello there, and welcome !
I am confused here... you are ok with mute, solo, select... they are all "toggle" actions, aren't they ?
Aha! There _is_ an action that is:
Track: Toggle Solo for selected track(s)
but there is also an action:
Track: Set solo for selected track(s) (midi CC only)

I've got the "Track: Set solo..." (and Mute equivalent) working, but no joy on any (including envelope etc) "Toggle" actions. Hence my question: how d'you do it?? It must be a CtrlAssign, ChannelAssign, CC, Data2, Data3 setup combo that I haven't got right yet.

Quote:
To arm track, I used the action "Track: Toggle record arm for selected track". I also have assigned another button to "Options -> Toggle metronome".
OK - so I guess it must be an axiom setting I haven't got right. Any chance you could save your preset/export it as XML so I can compare it with what I've got? (I'm a developer/IT guy the rest of the time, so can deal with the real detail - sometimes )

Quote:
"View: Go to track (midi CC only)". This is the one I use to go up or down within the tracks. The thing is to use the "relative 1" setting (and not absolute !)
Okey doke - I'll give that one a go

Quote:
When you say it does not work, what is the problem, exactly ?
With the toggle record/arm, I see the "R" flash briefly, but it doesn't stay on.

I think my original question was 2-fold: what are the specific Reaper actions you've used and 2) what are the Axiom settings. You've helped me to focus on the Reaper actions you've got to work. Now I just need to go-figure what the Axiom settings are
Old 07-29-2009, 11:55 PM   #23
winbe

Quote:
I think my original question was 2-fold: what are the specific Reaper actions you've used and 2) what are the Axiom settings. You've helped me to focus on the Reaper actions you've got to work. Now I just need to go-figure what the Axiom settings are
yeah, ok.... I remember I had some troubles at first with the axiom...
And the Enigma editor does not work at all anyway for me (it crashes instantly when I try to load any setting !! Very useful).

So I did everything by hand. For the Reaper actions, I can export them. For the Axiom settings, what I did (as Enigma fails) is save my sysex using Bone Sysex. If you want my full "dump", I can send it to you as well.

But what I should do (would be useful for me as well) is try to re start from scratch and reproduce the programming of the axiom, and tell you what I did. I'll try this this week-end !
Old 07-30-2009, 12:18 AM   #24
matt_moose

Quote:
yeah, ok.... I remember I had some troubles at first with the axiom...
And the Enigma editor does not work at all anyway for me (it crashes instantly when I try to load any setting !! Very useful).

So I did everything by hand.
Finding the same with Enigma - works sort of OK, but then dies and starts eating up memory... But then I thought: hold on. I bought the axiom so I could control a PC using knobs and buttons. So why don't I program the thing using the same knobs/buttons I got it for?! And oddly enough, it's much easier/nicer.

A sysex from the axiom and a reaper action export would be gratefully appreciated. And if I can share any nuggets (limited as they are) - like maybe, when you assign a knob to CC147, you can then use the Data1 button to set the CC that Reaper sees - thus you don't need to put each knob (and maybe slider - but I'm not onto those yet) on a different channel.
Old 07-30-2009, 12:55 AM   #25
winbe

Quote:
And if I can share any nuggets (limited as they are) - like maybe, when you assign a knob to CC147, you can then use the Data1 button to set the CC that Reaper sees - thus you don't need to put each knob (and maybe slider - but I'm not onto those yet) on a different channel.
I am not sure I understand: is this a question or a statement ?
But, yes, I use the CC147, and I assigned different CCs to each button.

At first, I made the mistake of using... "well known" CCs... such as 7 for instance... It can be confusing, so now I took the list of CCs and only used the "unknown" ones, so I am safe, there is no conflict.

You know, a bit like using reserved keywords to name your own methods in a programming language... can be confusing !

What I also did later, was finally to use a specific channel for all my controllers, instead of channel "0" which represent the current channel. I decided to use channel 15 for all my controls.

I did that to avoid recording the controls themselves when recording midi... but I am sure there are other ways to avoid this problem.

Anyway, now it is clearer for me: all my "control" data is sent on channel 15.
Sorry I can not send you any file right now, I am not at home...
Old 07-30-2009, 02:20 AM   #26
strunkdts

hah! welcome to the world of m-audio,axiom and the enigma editor!!!!
(its an enigma alright)
steer clear of m-audio for all these reasons and more....i still wrestle with my axiom 25 when i have to do anything more involved...arrrgh
strunkdts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 04:36 AM   #27
winbe

Quote:
Originally Posted by strunkdts View Post
hah! welcome to the world of m-audio,axiom and the enigma editor!!!!
(its an enigma alright)
honestly, I don't care... I mean... the keyboard itself is soooo easy to program that I could not care less !

Quote:
steer clear of m-audio for all these reasons and more....i still wrestle with my axiom 25 when i have to do anything more involved...arrrgh
I have the opposite feeling: I simply love my good old Delta 66 audio card, and I find my Axiom 49 is really a joy to use (except the "sticky keys" problem)...

But I understand your point of view, though !
Old 08-08-2009, 03:11 AM   #28
matt_moose

Quote:
so now I took the list of CCs and only used the "unknown" ones, so I am safe, there is no conflict.
Yup - reached that conclusion too. 7 being the main one that really screws your mind!

Quote:
I decided to use channel 15 for all my controls.
Scarily similar... except I picked 16

Quote:
Sorry I can not send you any file right now, I am not at home...
And it may not me needed....

Had a breakthrough when I put a midi monitor on the input. I was getting 2 CCs for every one press of a button... Aha! Axiom via USB. And Axiom via midi cable.

I know both aren't needed, _but_ when I'm not using Reaper I like to just play and layer sounds etc - so I use the midi out for this. De-selected that input in Reaper - bingo!

So now I have a preset for mixing, a preset for plugins like equalisers, a preset for general recording/editing.

Got there in the end - thanks for your help. Matt
Old 10-16-2010, 01:42 PM   #29
Anto))n

New keymaps,please? *puppyeyes*
Old 11-13-2010, 10:12 AM   #30
pdk

Seriously!

I have a 2nd gen (the latest) Axiom 49 and my sliders work backward and the pan knobs and play/stop/record section does absolutely nothing.

I'd kick a few bucks if anyone's files work.

Some guy at M-Audio said he got it working with REAPER. I added his config to Reaper and used enigma to incorporate his settings file into the controller - no go.

Anyway - I started using Reaper yesterday. I'm converted. Will buy within the next 30. Would buy today but hoping 4 comes out before then.

Amazing product, mission statement and attitude. Love it and look forward to learning on these forums.

Thanks for having me.
pdk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 11:55 AM   #31
pdk

OK - so I was able to map almost everything in the REAPER control Panel with 2 issues:

1: I assigned the sliders to track volumes and they work oppositely (down brings volume up and vice versa)

2. The buttons below the slider: I was going to use these to toggle the arm record for each respective track. The problem is that REAPER sees all of the buttons below the sliders as the same button (or as 1 input if you prefer). "MIDI CHANNEL 1CC 32"

Any advice would be appreciated.
pdk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:25 PM   #32
pdk

I figured it all out - thanks.
Old 11-17-2010, 03:00 PM   #33
Beastr

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdk View Post
I figured it all out - thanks.
Mind posting a control map? My Axiom 49 (2nd gen) is a little finicky with anything I bind the controls to.
Beastr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 03:49 PM   #34
wwjd

if someone could point me as to WHERE TO START to map controls, that would be cool. I have not read the whole manual. Just trying to figure things out from menus but can't seem to figure this out.
I have an Oxygen 49 with buttons, sliders and controllers, but not sure where to start to map sliders to faders, control buttons to play/stop etc
wwjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 02:40 PM   #35
wwjd

wow. 5000+ views. must be an interesting topic.

Anyone? how to start mapping a controller buttons and stuff?
even maybe a manual page number?
Old 11-20-2010, 07:44 PM   #36
wwjd

How to map TRANSPORT CONTROLS to midi device.
Manual page 249

* make sure your device is midi controlling VSTi controls or other stuff first

- goto REAPER menu: ACTIONS > SHOW ACTION LIST...
- in FILTER, type in PLAY and it will auto filter to PLAY controls
- select TRANSPORT: PLAY
- in the lower left, click ADD
- press the button you want as PLAY on your controller, click OK

For fader/sliders and pans/knobs:

- in FILTER, type in VOLUME
- select TRACK: SET VOLUME FOR TRACK 1
- click ADD
- slide fader or move knob, click OK

Last edited by wwjd; 11-20-2010 at 08:28 PM.
Old 11-20-2010, 08:09 PM   #37
plgrmsprgrs

Sold my Axiom 49, bought a Novation Nocturn, a Faderport, and never looked back. So easy.

Kyle
Old 02-13-2015, 02:10 AM   #38
klaggu

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjd View Post
How to map TRANSPORT CONTROLS to midi device.
Manual page 249

* make sure your device is midi controlling VSTi controls or other stuff first

- goto REAPER menu: ACTIONS > SHOW ACTION LIST...
- in FILTER, type in PLAY and it will auto filter to PLAY controls
- select TRANSPORT: PLAY
- in the lower left, click ADD
- press the button you want as PLAY on your controller, click OK

For fader/sliders and pans/knobs:

- in FILTER, type in VOLUME
- select TRACK: SET VOLUME FOR TRACK 1
- click ADD
- slide fader or move knob, click OK
THANK YOU!! I had to navigate through endless posts just to find this! That's all I needed - a way to configure my Axiom just like a game controller. Simple & easy without all the MIDI jargon. Thanks!
klaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 11:01 AM   #39
aspiringSynthesisingAlch

Default transport midi messages from device A on channel 1 to channel 2

reading this it sounds like I should make my dj2go transmit on channel 2.

there's probably at least a dozen built in plugins that can do this for me...

can anyone name one? !

I give up with virtual midi ports (naively thought I could plug physical controller a into VirtualMidiPort 1, and controller b into VMP 2 ,and let both be on same channel but on 'Different ports' )
aspiringSynthesisingAlch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 04:25 PM   #40
aspiringSynthesisingAlch

Default proposal - THE controller / action thread

Quote:
Hi there,

just installed my Axiom 49 !!
I tried Enigma but it crashes everytime when I try to download settings from the Axiom.

So I don't use it, but thanks to Reapers Actions ... and some SWS custom ones... I can do exactly what I want, and it is so easy to setup... !!

The transport buttons were programmed in 5 seconds, but then I must admit I did not found instantly how to use the "relative" settings... you have to find the right combination with CC 146 to 150 on the Axiom, it depends on what you want to do...

For me CC "149" combined with Reaper 'relative 1' worked very well.

Really cool.

Another cool thing, thanks to the SWS extensions... is that by pressing a button I can "select the track that has 'T5' in its name, and also select all its child, and unselect all the others".

So whatever the project and the order of the tracks, I just have to add "T1" to "T8" somewhere in the name of my tracks and I can instantly select them with one button.

Really cool.

The only thing I don't know how to use (except for some vsti parameters maybe) are the faders... because they use "absolute" positions...
(you could configure them to relative maybe, but physically, they are absolute anyway).

Also, I discovered the pads, and I love them. Easier to program fast hi hats for example. And the feeling is better (to me) than normal keys...

Now I need a good SysEx manager that will allow me to record/save my presets (but for now only one preset will be used I guess).

great work, one of I suspect millions of similarly awesome tips somewhere on this forum!

Reading stuff like this keeps me inspired, stops me from just giving up and using my dj2go to play with virtualDJ. There is a will...

I'm assuming that all control data for fx-params is stored in the track when I save a track template, and similarly for fx chain's (which contain 1+ vst's).

I get, now, that if I assign a CC/midi shortcut to an action, that's not in ya project, but in reaper's settings (.keymaps maybe), but struggling to work out/decide best (most manageable) system for making midi messages on dj2go (notes on channel1) go re-mapped, to all sorts of different things.. how to save edit copy manage THESE 'controller-maps'...

candidate for a thread, I'd say. been all over the stash and the web, seems like if you're an axiom user you're not alone, but dj2go possee only MOD mixx configs... and there's a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE abyss (ergo paid content perhaps) between 'how to connect your MIDI device to your computer' and 'how to create, manage, and manipulate multiple configurations of ... control surfaces.

I've asked enough times that I'm confident that, statistically, I stand a strong chance of getting some useful titbits, THEN I'll build it.. reaper 101 for noobs and midiots.
aspiringSynthesisingAlch is offline   Reply With Quote