Old 05-03-2019, 01:03 PM   #1
Glennbo
Human being with feelings

Default Did this behavior change?

In selecting a group of clips to clone I needed to additionally tag a few more clips that were positioned such that I couldn't get them in the first selection without tagging stuff I didn't want.

As I've done a million times before I right click lassoed the first group, then held down CTRL to right click lasso the remaining clips, but instead of it letting me lasso the additional clips it becomes a timeline selection tool causing my second CTRL right click lasso to fail.

I'm going to boot Windows which hasn't had the last three or four updates and see what it does.
Glennbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 01:06 PM   #2
schwa
Administrator

That has always been the default behavior. You can change it by setting Prefs > Editing Behavior > Mouse Modifiers > Arrange view right drag > Ctrl to "Marquee toggle item selection."
schwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 01:18 PM   #3
Glennbo
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa View Post
That has always been the default behavior. You can change it by setting Prefs > Editing Behavior > Mouse Modifiers > Arrange view right drag > Ctrl to "Marquee toggle item selection."
Thanks for the quick reply Schwa, looks like shift will do what I want. Rather than make my Linux install of REAPER non-standard, I think I'll just get used to using the default shift instead of CTRL for multi-lasso selections.

I must have altered it in Windows so right click and right click lasso selections both allowed additions to the existing selection.
Glennbo is offline   Reply With Quote