Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 02-14-2019, 09:40 PM   #1
TommygunAngel
Human being with feelings

Default HELP - not finding any Audio from my MADI device

Haven't used reaper in a couple months. So I have little memory on how to run this program. BUT, When I last used it. It worked No Prob. Now I've loaded in the same show file with the same presets I used last time on the Same system with same hardware etc. same orchestra mics....

I know my console is outputting MADI to the computer. I can see the input meters moving in the totalmix softwarethat comes with MADIFACE. (yes total mix is disabled)
But in Reaper, I got nothing, nada. no movement on any meters for any of the 26 channels that are setup. Hitting record records blank tracks. Reaper recognizes the madiface. I even tried to do a new file with 1 input from a Focusrite Scarlett and still could not see any meter movement and recorded blank track.

WTF?

HELP

Thanks

NVM
Figured it out

I didn't give Reaper "Permission" to access the microphone which I assumed was just the built in mic. guess it means every audio connection...

I would delete this thread, but I don't see how to do that.

Last edited by TommygunAngel; 02-14-2019 at 10:20 PM. Reason: problem solved.
TommygunAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 10:57 AM   #2
mmacoustic
Human being with feelings

Default Helped solve my problem

Don't think about deleting this post. You providing the solution you discovered is just as helpful as someone else giving the input.

I had been struggling for a week trying to get a signal in from my Focusrite Scarlett device (that had previously been working). I was trying all kinds of things, even reinstalled Reaper from scratch. It worked fine in Garageband so I knew it wasn't the mic or device itself.

Seeing your post I went into System Preferences/Security and Privacy/Privacy and then gave Reaper permission to access the microphone. It worked right away.

Thanks for the post.
mmacoustic is offline   Reply With Quote