Old 11-30-2017, 03:12 PM   #1
W3EZ
Human being with feelings

Default High sierra issues

Hello all,

I seem to be having what appears to be a somewhat unique issue with my recently "upgrade" to High Sierra.

I'll try to make the non-Reaper problem(s) brief:

I'm using an RME Fireface 400 with an early 2015 MacBook pro (2.7Ghz i5, 16 gigs of RAM). Worked pretty much flawlessly prior to High Sierra. Now it works only briefly before crashing. I'm pretty sure I've tried all of the solutions offered on the RME forums - no dice.

Now, regarding Reaper...

When the FF is actually working, Reaper just plain acts weird.

Sometimes Reaper shows a signal, sometimes not at all. When it does, I can record, but I can't monitor what I'm playing. Then if I hit play, what I've recorded will play, along with the effects. Then it will suddenly stop...the cursor will be frozen and I can't rewind, ff, play, scrub...nothing works. One time, I was able to monitor my playing, with the effects, but there was really bad latency, which I've never had before. But that only lasted a couple of minutes before Reaper and/or the FF crashed.

I'd like some assistance with getting the FF up and running, so any suggestions are welcome...but since this is specifically regarding Reaper, I'm wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction with High Sierra-specific known issues and fixes.

I do have Windows 10 on a separate external drive, but I'd like to stick with using the Mac OS if possible.
W3EZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 09:13 PM   #2
Justin
Administrator

If you use built-in audio, do things work as expected? Sounds like maybe a driver issue on High Sierra? Latest RME drivers?
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote