Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > ReaScript, JSFX, REAPER Plug-in Extensions, Developer Forum

Old 05-08-2019, 08:05 AM   #321
DaveKeehl
Human being with feelings

Some notes:
  • The green line that a node assumes when it's in mid mode it's not very nice... I would use a different type of green (less flashy)
  • Maybe I asked this already, but is it possible to apply antialiasing also on the node lines? You just did it for the spectrum so perhaps it's possible. It would look so good
  • Can you please put the gradient also on the spectrum in ReSpectrum?
Old 05-08-2019, 09:13 AM   #322
nitsuj

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjewellstudios View Post
This maybe my doing but:

Looks like the plugin name has been changing. One recent version had the verosion number in parentheses. Now that's removed in the fx slot but on top of the js window when its floating this newest version still says 1.01 (or whatever the previous version was)

Just letting you know.

Pretty sure I updated correctly but hey, wouldnt be the first time I messed up
I changed to using the zip release files provided by github. The name of those zip files contains the version number so that's probably what you're seeing. So, v1.0.1 was the previous version, this one is v1.0.2.

Best thing to do is to have a 'ReJJ' folder in your Reaper JSFX folder and download these zip and move the files over into that folder.

At least until I hit ReaPack which is going to be very soon now.
nitsuj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 09:17 AM   #323
nitsuj

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveKeehl View Post
Some notes:
  • The green line that a node assumes when it's in mid mode it's not very nice... I would use a different type of green (less flashy)
  • Maybe I asked this already, but is it possible to apply antialiasing also on the node lines? You just did it for the spectrum so perhaps it's possible. It would look so good
  • Can you please put the gradient also on the spectrum in ReSpectrum?
Thanks for the feedback Dave.

Regarding the green filter transfer curve....I'll see if I can calm it down. Bit of a juggle now as there's up to five transfer curves that can be visible now.

I'll see if I can smooth out the lines too. They are drawn with antialiasing but I'm drawing multiple lines to get the right thickness. That may have affected it. Wish Reaper came with a line thickness attribute for lines but there you go.

I'll look at getting the gradient into ReSpectrum too.
Old 05-09-2019, 06:11 AM   #324
morfi

@nitjus: other than all of these comments about version number and green colors, I just want to tell you I've tried v1.0.2 on a mastering session yesterday and I went down perfectly well

That M/S/L/R option per-band is just killer.

I still got a few suggestions but I have to look at the hotkey manual first.

Congratulations!
morfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 02:14 PM   #325
din_mentor

Dude, this is awesome! this should be a reaper default plugin!
din_mentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 03:21 PM   #326
nitsuj

Quote:
Originally Posted by morfi View Post
@nitjus: other than all of these comments about version number and green colors, I just want to tell you I've tried v1.0.2 on a mastering session yesterday and I went down perfectly well
That's great to hear! I'm glad you're getting good use from it.

Quote:
That M/S/L/R option per-band is just killer.
Cool. Took a fair bit of reworking to get it in but it's there now. It would be possible to have a single node that affects mid/side/left/right in different weightings, say 0-100% for each one. No idea if it'd be useful or what the UI would look like. Sounds like quite a bit of work too and there's some other things I have in mind first. I'll keep thinking about it.

Quote:
I still got a few suggestions but I have to look at the hotkey manual first.
Heh, just bear in mind that I think I've almost run out of hotkey combos!
Old 05-09-2019, 03:29 PM   #327
nitsuj

Quote:
Originally Posted by din_mentor View Post
Dude, this is awesome! this should be a reaper default plugin!
Thanks! Hope you find some use for it - it's a step up from ReaEQ stock in many cases. If you have any questions about it, just ask.
Old 05-09-2019, 08:08 PM   #328
ReaMike

@nitsuj Thanks you! This is a great EQ.

I'll throw in another vote for this becoming ReaEQ V6.
ReaMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 01:27 AM   #329
Csabb

@nitsuj This eq is really something else, thanks for your efforts and contribution!

One feature idea, that is pretty minor tbh: is it possible to get and save the last window size / scaled size used? I keep reaching for the corner of the window everytime I open the plugin.
Old 05-10-2019, 03:51 AM   #330
nitsuj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csabb View Post
@nitsuj This eq is really something else, thanks for your efforts and contribution!

One feature idea, that is pretty minor tbh: is it possible to get and save the last window size / scaled size used? I keep reaching for the corner of the window everytime I open the plugin.
Unfortunately there's no way to generally get the last window size and use that for new windows. There's a couple of workarounds though.

First, you can load ReEQ, set the size to what you want, then save it as an FX chain. Then in future when you want to use ReEQ, load it via the FX chain.

The other option is to alter the window setting in the source code. In the 'ReEQ.jsfx' file you'll find a line that looks like this:

@gfx 640 400

This sets the size of the opening ReEQ window. Adjust accordingly.
Old 05-10-2019, 03:37 PM   #331
Trancit

First thx for a great EQ...

Is it possible that there is a denormalization problem??

As long as I feed some noise through it, the CPU load is stable by about 0.6% but without sound the CPU usage slowly raises up to 1.8% here (while the Option: "Reduce denormalization from plugins" in the Preferences is checked...)
Trancit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 03:45 PM   #332
nitsuj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trancit View Post
First thx for a great EQ...

Is it possible that there is a denormalization problem??

As long as I feed some noise through it, the CPU load is stable by about 0.6% but without sound the CPU usage slowly raises up to 1.8% here (while the Option: "Reduce denormalization from plugins" in the Preferences is checked...)
Thanks for the feedback. I've got the right settings in the JSFX to handle this but I'll get into it and see if there's an issue.
Old 05-10-2019, 04:55 PM   #333
DaveKeehl

Will in the future be possible to have more than 8 bands?
Old 05-11-2019, 01:44 PM   #334
nitsuj

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveKeehl View Post
Will in the future be possible to have more than 8 bands?
It is possible, I'll give it some thought. Are you finding 8 to be limiting?
Old 05-11-2019, 02:18 PM   #335
DaveKeehl

Not currently but it might happen from time to time that 8 is not enough
Old 05-11-2019, 10:14 PM   #336
yep

just wanted to say I have ben loving this plugin. rapidly becoming my favorite eq.

Thanks, nitsuj!
yep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 07:21 AM   #337
HDWind

Oversampling HQ mode at 48kHz now works!
Thank You, nitsuj!
HDWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 01:54 PM   #338
dusanmsk

Default how

How the fuck is anybody able to write so amazing plugin in so awful and unfriendly programming language such as jsfx ? ?!?!?!? ?! ?!?!

This is great work!
dusanmsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 02:28 PM   #339
todd_r

Been using this a lot recently. Its fantastic, well done!

I end up resizing every time too, is there any way the size cold be one of the settings and have the settings saved to a file?

It would be great if you could add anti-aliasing to the EQ lines. Could colour option possible be exposed in the settings too, or could you point me towards where to find the background colour?

I hate asking for stuff as this is amazing, and you're doing it for free! Do you have anywhere to donate?
todd_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 03:54 PM   #340
nitsuj

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd_r View Post
Been using this a lot recently. Its fantastic, well done!

I end up resizing every time too, is there any way the size cold be one of the settings and have the settings saved to a file?

It would be great if you could add anti-aliasing to the EQ lines. Could colour option possible be exposed in the settings too, or could you point me towards where to find the background colour?

I hate asking for stuff as this is amazing, and you're doing it for free! Do you have anywhere to donate?
Thanks!

I responded to a post asking the same thing about sizing. It's just a couple of posts back so you should be able to find it easily enough. In short, JSFX doesn't allow you to set the window size dynamically so it's not possible to read it from a file. If you find that post though there are a few options for setting size that will work.

In the version I have now I've had a go at making the lines more anti-aliased. There's a good chance I'll have all the colours tweakable in a file so stay tuned for that. I'll look into that after I'm done with the current UI work.

Asking for stuff is cool. I've got a backlog that requests go into. I can't promise that they'll all get done or what order they'll get done in as I've got my own cunning plans to take care of too. It's very useful to get that feedback though.

Donations? I hadn't even thought about it actually...
Old 05-14-2019, 01:23 AM   #341
todd_r

Okay, another FR then

I ens up switching between different EQs as they all have slightly different functionality I want, would be great to have as much of that functionality in one place.

I would love to have a copy of ReEQ on every track, and choose to diplay the spectrum from any of those other EQs to help with masking etc.

I use DDMF IIEQPro for this, and you can switch between editing different instances/tracks of the EQ in the GUI too
Old 05-14-2019, 12:19 PM   #342
HDWind

For those who love big size:

In the 'ReEQ.jsfx' file you'll find a line with text:
«@gfx 640 400»

Сhange resolution of window «640 400» to «1200 742» , then saved file and restart plugin.

«1200 742» - Practical size workflow like the same size "Extra large" in Fabfilter Pro-Q2.

or another variant:

«1000 618» - Practical size workflow like the same size "Large" in Fabfilter Pro-Q2.

Last edited by HDWind; 05-20-2019 at 06:40 AM.
HDWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 12:50 PM   #343
nofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitsuj View Post
Asking for stuff is cool.
Ok, then (hopefully) a small one...
Option to turn off the crosshair (in ReEQ).

May sound strange, but sometimes I feel it rather distracts me a bit than being helpful.
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 03:30 PM   #344
nitsuj

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd_r View Post
Okay, another FR then

I ens up switching between different EQs as they all have slightly different functionality I want, would be great to have as much of that functionality in one place.

I would love to have a copy of ReEQ on every track, and choose to diplay the spectrum from any of those other EQs to help with masking etc.

I use DDMF IIEQPro for this, and you can switch between editing different instances/tracks of the EQ in the GUI too
Thanks for the feedback. Might be doable with a bit of effort. Showing spectrum from other ReEQ instances is likely the easiest one. I'll pop it on the backlog.
Old 05-14-2019, 03:35 PM   #345
DaveKeehl

oooh nice!
Old 05-14-2019, 03:37 PM   #346
nitsuj

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofish View Post
Ok, then (hopefully) a small one...
Option to turn off the crosshair (in ReEQ).

May sound strange, but sometimes I feel it rather distracts me a bit than being helpful.
It's been on my mind for a while that it's left turned on when it doesn't need to be. In a future update, I'll turn it off when you're dragging nodes around.

I could get rid of it altogether. It made sense when I first introduced it but now there's more information displayed regarding the frequency of selected node etc.
Old 05-15-2019, 02:04 AM   #347
nofish

Quote:
It's been on my mind for a while that it's left turned on when it doesn't need to be. In a future update, I'll turn it off when you're dragging nodes around.

I could get rid of it altogether. It made sense when I first introduced it but now there's more information displayed regarding the frequency of selected node etc.
Thanks for considering.
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 06:15 AM   #348
AndreiT

Big thank you for your hard work!
AndreiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 08:32 AM   #349
morfi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaMike View Post
@nitsuj Thanks you! This is a great EQ.

I'll throw in another vote for this becoming ReaEQ V6.
Can we officially do this somewhere here in the Forum? Ask for ReEQ to become ReaEQ in REAPER V6? (possibly turning it into a VST plug-in and fusing both of them for backwards compatibility with ReaEQ V5...)

Of course nitjus has to agree to this first...
Old 05-15-2019, 08:37 AM   #350
morfi

Quote:
Cool. Took a fair bit of reworking to get it in but it's there now. It would be possible to have a single node that affects mid/side/left/right in different weightings, say 0-100% for each one. No idea if it'd be useful or what the UI would look like. Sounds like quite a bit of work too and there's some other things I have in mind first. I'll keep thinking about it.
You might want to look into what Tokyo Dawn Lab is doing with their outstanding SlickEQ M EQ regarding this "weighing" behavior. There are pros and cons to this; cons being it makes it all the more complex and cluttered while having each band act on an specific channel alone (L/R/M/S) makes for a lot cleaner and simpler process for the operator. We do have L AND R for an specific band, don't we? I'll have to check.

Once more thanks again nitjus for this incredible piece of DSP.
Old 05-15-2019, 04:03 PM   #351
nitsuj

Quote:
You might want to look into what Tokyo Dawn Lab is doing with their outstanding SlickEQ M EQ regarding this "weighing" behavior. There are pros and cons to this; cons being it makes it all the more complex and cluttered while having each band act on an specific channel alone (L/R/M/S) makes for a lot cleaner and simpler process for the operator. We do have L AND R for an specific band, don't we? I'll have to check.

Once more thanks again nitjus for this incredible piece of DSP.
Tokyo Dawn Lab plugins are just amazing.

But yes, we do have L and R for specific bands. It used to be that the whole EQ had to be in either M/S or L/R mode but that restriction has been lifted. Any band can now be M/S/L/R independently.
Old 05-16-2019, 07:50 AM   #352
morfi

I mean L+R, as in a stereo configuration - a single band operating in both channels.

I should just check that myself but I'm away from the studio right now...

Other than this, and to say it once more: AMAZING EQ! I'm spreading the word about it among colleagues and students.
Old 05-16-2019, 11:18 AM   #353
Subz

Amazing!

Thanks!!
Subz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 01:48 AM   #354
alphoc

Quote:

Very good plugin, thanks. Any progress for the 88kHz sample rate ?
alphoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 03:38 AM   #355
nitsuj

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphoc View Post
Very good plugin, thanks. Any progress for the 88kHz sample rate ?
Thanks!

Are you referring to the HQ mode? In case you are, HQ mode now works with both 44.1kHz and 48kHz meaning that in those project sample rates the filters are 88.2kHz and 96kHz respectively.
Old 05-17-2019, 06:56 AM   #356
alphoc

What I wondered was; will the HD Mode be compatible with 88 khz?
Old 05-17-2019, 08:53 AM   #357
nitsuj

Quote:
What I wondered was; will the HD Mode be compatible with 88 khz?
There's no need for it at 88 kHz.

All HQ mode does is preserve the filter shapes at higher frequencies. Normally at 44.1kHz you'll see the filter shapes cramping near the highest frequency. HQ mode oversamples so that what you see are filter shapes as they would be at 88.2kHz.

If your project is at 88.2 kHz or higher you won't experience the filter shape issue and so there's no need for HQ mode's oversampling.
Old 05-17-2019, 11:16 AM   #358
alphoc

Very good, thanks. But some strong pops and clicks are heard when AGC is active stereo mode when I was listening the mono kik. No problem when AGS is mono with mono kick. Sample rate 48k

Last edited by alphoc; 05-17-2019 at 12:20 PM.
Old 05-17-2019, 01:15 PM   #359
todd_r

Quote:
...Showing spectrum from other ReEQ instances is likely the easiest one. I'll pop it on the backlog.
That would ensure it's position in my default track template
Old 05-17-2019, 05:15 PM   #360
silksow

Quote:
Very good, thanks. But some strong pops and clicks are heard when AGC is active stereo mode when I was listening the mono kik. No problem when AGS is mono with mono kick. Sample rate 48k
Can confirm, AGC still buggy. Putting pretty much anything before it that changes the gain (maybe?), and not just in the same chain - happening for me on a buss folder with Airwindows FromTape on a child track. Which threw me for about an hour lol, as some of those are known to have DC offset issues, but confirmed replacing it with Volume Adjustment JS. It actually kept automuting, the glitches were so loud! Stereo/mono, maybe (was a mono vocal to stereo buss), but I'm at 44.1.

Please keep up the great work, this is so impressive.