Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 12-24-2013, 09:34 PM   #1
DuX
Human being with feelings

Default It's just ridiculous

Guys. I'm trying to make a really simple project here. A remix. And Reeper keeps crashing, or something is not right. Guys, I really love Reaper. I've been with it for years. What happened to it? Shall I go back to Steinberg? I just keep geting crashes for the most simple projects and things!

I really don't know what to tell you any more! I keep telling its unstable. It's not what it used to be. But everyone just keep bitching about new features, new features, new FEAUTRES, NEW FEATURES!!! DAMN NEW FUCKING FEATUIRES! DAMN!!!!

Give me something I can work with. A simple project with a few WAVS and a few simple plugins just crashed nicely. What do you say?

I keep warning you about that, but it all falls to deaf ears it seems?! v 4.581

I don't care if it doesn't crash for anybody else, but it keeps crashes for me, all the time, the cleanest XP in the universe ffs... wtf do I need to do to not have crashes fffs!!???

REALLY!??? I'm FRIGGIN COMPUTER EXPERT!!!!@!

Tell me what to do to make a 2 track WAV project with 4.5 VST plugins not crash!~ FFS! It's FUCKIN PATHETIC!!!!!

Last edited by DuX; 12-24-2013 at 09:44 PM.
DuX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 09:36 PM   #2
karbomusic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuX View Post
Guys. I'm trying to make a really simple project here. A remix. And Reeper keeps crashing, or something is not right. Guys, I really love Reaper. I've been with it for years. What happened to it? Shall I go back to Steinberg? I just keep geting crashes for the most simple projects and things!
See if there is a crash report in the Windows Application event logs (we didn't disable that did we? ). There should be some crash report there or when it crashes or somewhere and it will identify the culprit 99% of the time.
Old 12-24-2013, 09:45 PM   #3
DuX

No man, it's over for me. I won't give Reaper any more time. This is so pathetic. I just didn't post this for nothing.

it's pathetic.

I was just laying some pitiful few WAV tracks with 2.5 VST plugins and it crashed. That's pathetic. I don't buy my hardware or the OS being the culprit. I think the developers should get their heads back on because it didn't used to be like that back in the day. Now I encounter crashes as often as a breakfast or lunch. It's just become normal. And I've encountered projects that just can't be loaded again. Backups lost. WTF?
Old 12-24-2013, 09:48 PM   #4
Jae.Thomas

nothing reproducible?

what version did this start on?

maybe your pc has some issues? That's pretty terrible.
Jae.Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 09:52 PM   #5
DuX

I just really told how the things are. Really. I'm going to use Cubase. Goodbye. I've had enough of this BS.

My PC is impeccable. I've ran prime95 for hours and hours.

It's Reaper. Sorry, open your eyes. I've been warning about this happening for years but nobody listened.

NEW FEATUREES~! NEW FEATURES!!!!! AAAAHAAAAAAA senile self-absorbed cretins.

I DON't Care if I get banned! it's the right time for someone to speak out! I've been with you for 7 years! FFS!~ Expecting of you to make a fucking stable DAW that doesn't crash and makes as much of the plugins usable!

I DON'T CARE about LOOKS at ALL! I couldn't give a smaller shit about LOOKS! I just want a stable DAW that can use all the plugins without any issues or CRASHES! FUCK!!!

Last edited by DuX; 12-24-2013 at 10:01 PM.
Old 12-24-2013, 09:54 PM   #6
Jae.Thomas

Quote:
I just really told how the things are. Really. I'm going to use Cubase. Goodbye. I've had enough of this BS.
your post had nothing in terms of a bug report.

happy cubasing!
Old 12-24-2013, 09:56 PM   #7
karbomusic

Quote:
That's pathetic. I don't buy my hardware or the OS being the culprit.
I'm sorry you are frustrated, it happens and I'm on your side for finding out why. However, I'm not buying either without data to back it up and prove it. Everything else is just a big fat guess which doesn't help anyone.
Old 12-24-2013, 10:07 PM   #8
DuX

Sorry, but I can't post anything useful but my frustration, cross-words, and reports that it crashed. It's just become too overly complicated. I thought it were some plugins in the beginning, so I changed the plugins. Now... I'm just frustrated because it crashed with only a 2 WAV TRACK and 2 PLUGINS! WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!??! and then some ?!?!?!? I can't remember Reaper ever crashing with just 2 tracks and 2 plugins???? Is that PROGRESS?

And I said I was a Reper fan since 2007! I left Cubase in 2001!!! I hate Steinberg with passion, mostly with how they treat their customers. I found freedom on this, your website, but the soft just keeps getting worse and worse. Sorry for telling the truth. Sorry, I'm sorry but it is truth. Sorry. Sorry. But Reaper is not what it used to be!

I was a great, great fan for years but now I think you're losing a fan and a customer and a propaganda source. Over. Not any more. Over. I'm done with it.

you need more radical beta testing or something. This is just not working any more. I am willing to do that radical beta testing when I'm not TRYING to work, too.

What you're trying to do with this forum is absolutely great but it is not working in favour of Reaper any more. <== fullstop

Last edited by DuX; 12-24-2013 at 10:20 PM.
Old 12-24-2013, 10:13 PM   #9
Jae.Thomas

yeah, it's way better.
Old 12-24-2013, 10:25 PM   #10
DuX

LOL JBM. You've been here since I remember it, too.. I'm glad you said at least *something* LOL... but really... something's gone awry. I've been having more and more crashes for nothing and with simple projects last few years and especially last few versions [since v4?]. It just doesn't feel right any more as it used to. I am really sorry. Really. I think Reaper is the best thing that ever happened to DAWs since Cubase, and that is a really big statement, I think. However, if it continues this way, it will become a feature bloated and unstable DAW for crazy fanboys that do nothing but 2 track remixes with it. I need it to support at least 16 tracks or more of 96k WAVs, at least 64 plugins/3 per track or more etc. You know? And no crashes.

Or at least a possibility to load back the backups, but lately I wasn't able ebven to to that, too. The backup files were corrupted. So what do you do? Not bitch about it? Stay silent? ... c-c

Last edited by DuX; 12-24-2013 at 10:36 PM.
Old 12-24-2013, 10:35 PM   #11
brainwreck

What plugins are you running? Are you running 32-bit or 64-bit? Bit bridging? I ask because 99% of past issues I have had with Reaper were to do with specific plugins. I ditched those plugins, and the issues went away. Don't let your 'exerptise' get in the way of troubleshooting.
Old 12-24-2013, 10:40 PM   #12
DuX

I'm running Windows XP SP3 since around 2002 and mostly freeware plugins like GVST, ToneBoosters, Klanghelm, Sleepy time records, Tokyo Dawn labs, Variety of Sound plugins. Only 32-bit. Is that the problem? If 64 bit will make the change in stability, which I clearly doubt, I will change the OS. But I want developers to say that. "We don't support 32 bit systems any more, please change to x64 so you won't experience any crashes any more".

If that;s the case, I will stay with the most stable Reaper version that does support x86 plugins normall. Is that v3? Because I somehow feel like it is.

Last edited by DuX; 12-24-2013 at 10:45 PM.
Old 12-24-2013, 10:45 PM   #13
brainwreck

Quote:
I'm running Windows XP SP3 since 2002. Only 32-bit. Is that the problem? If 64 bit will make the change in stability, which I clearly doubt, I will change the OS. But I want developers to say that. "We don't support 32 bit systems any more, please change to x64 so you won't experience any crashes any more".
I know. I used to run your XP config on an older machine, and it was great. I'm running 32-bit Reaper on 64-bit Win7 these days. It works well, aside from occasional quirks with a shitty interface driver. Any way, I initially installed 64-bit Reaper on this machine, and I got crashes like crazy, most of my plugins being 32-bit. Some plugins in 32-bit Reaper (synthmaker stuff mostly) caused crashing, too, and I ditched them. I rarely see a crash these days, and when I do, it is to do with Line6 Podfarm - I take the chance on that one as the problem is rare. Pay attention to what plugins are running in a project and try to narrow it down. And if you can, take the previous suggestion from karbo of enabling event logs, to make things easier.
Old 12-24-2013, 10:49 PM   #14
DuX

Now that is called a useful post brainwreck. Thank you so much! I would like as many people with as many different computers and OSes to post their experiences like that, actually. It is very probable that x64 Reaper is even worse than x86 judging by his post. Good to know, isn't it? that makes me even more not want to move on to a 64-bit OS. I have similar experiences with the other software btw like Cubase and ProTools. x64 versions not nearly as stable as their x86 32bit counterparts. And then all the forums are crawling with people who say x64 is soooo gooood. I can bet they've never done a bigger project than a 2 track remix?

I have a AMD Phenom II 965, 4GB RAM, AMD 890FX chipset. WXP SP3.

Last edited by DuX; 12-24-2013 at 10:55 PM.
Old 12-24-2013, 10:54 PM   #15
reapercurious

all programs can crash. save frequently and try to remember what you were doing when the crash happened.

also, windows7 should be more stable than xp.

and about your sig, i mean, there should be no need for an audio optimized operating system, that was for when computers didnt come with the force of 1000 suns.
reapercurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 10:54 PM   #16
brainwreck

Quote:
Now that is called a useful post brainwreck. Thank you so much! I would like as many people with as many different computers and OSes to post their experiences like that, actually. It is very probable that x64 Reaper is even worse than X86 judging by his post. Good to know, isn't it?

I think the biggest problem with running 64-bit Reaper is to do with bit bridging. I had hell with it, and since I don't need Reaper to take full advantage of 64-bit memory, I switched to 32-bit. Other than that, 64-bit Reaper should work just as well as 32-bit.

Also, do you know about firewalling plugins in Reaper? That might help you to narrow down which plugins are causing crashing. In case you don't know, right-click a plugin in the fx list (before adding the plugin to the track), and look at the 'run as' dialog. There are options to run a plugin in a separate process or dedicated process. If the plugin crashes, Reaper will usually not crash with it, and you can save your work, restarting in safe mode to get rid of the buggy plugin.
Old 12-24-2013, 11:00 PM   #17
brainwreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by reapercurious View Post
also, windows7 should be more stable than xp.
Ime, stability is roughly the same, but audio performance is better in XP, for daw stuff at least.
Old 12-25-2013, 02:31 AM   #18
EvilDragon

Personally W7 x64 is more stable than XP x86 for me... And audio performance seems better. I had rare issues with bit-bridging (Korg MS-20 used to crash hard, as well as some Elektrostudio plugins, but that was fixed some builds before - and since then MS-20 is 64-bit too, so no prob there). Also as I use "Embed bridged plugin GUIs", that's more crash-prone (if a plugin crashes, it will take down Reaper with it) - but I hate regular bit-bridging mode, so I'm taking that risk willingly. Kontakt 64-bit is very happy in Reaper 64-bit, and I do have projects with two dozen tracks filled with Kontakt, all running without a hitch...

DuX, I took liberty and used askjf to ask Justin to show up in this thread. Let's see if that works.

Last edited by EvilDragon; 12-25-2013 at 02:36 AM.
EvilDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 03:02 AM   #19
karbomusic

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon View Post

DuX, I took liberty and used askjf to ask Justin to show up in this thread. Let's see if that works.
He's gonna need crash report or a repro with no VSTs or details about the crash, just sayin. It shows XP and 32 bit supported on the download page.

Last edited by karbomusic; 12-25-2013 at 03:15 AM.
karbomusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 03:08 AM   #20
ivansc

I'm with ED on this.
Never regretted going all 64bit but I do still run several "cant do without and they don't exist in 64" plugs with very little in the way of issues.

It really does sound like you need to take a deep breath, go in again and this time save crashlogs and make notes of what was in the project at the time.
ivansc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 03:12 AM   #21
EvilDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by karbomusic View Post
He's gonna need crash report or a repro with no VSTs or details about the crash, just sayin.
All good - I'm just thinking Justin popping in here would show DuX that he does care about Reaper working for anyone out there. Which I hope really IS the case.
Old 12-25-2013, 03:16 AM   #22
karbomusic

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon View Post
All good - I'm just thinking Justin popping in here would show DuX that he does care about Reaper working for anyone out there. Which I hope really IS the case.
But I get lonely too. I don't disagree but there is one thing that will make DuX feel better than anything else, no crashes.
Old 12-25-2013, 03:20 AM   #23
EvilDragon

I guess what I want to say: DuX - stay with us, don't do any rushed decisions. We'll get to the bottom of this, somehow.

And merry Xmas everyone from one non-theistic Dragon!
Old 12-25-2013, 07:45 AM   #24
DuX

First, I apologise for the language used yesterday, especially in the first post of this thread, but it all came out at once, all the frustration that I experienced with Reaper *lately* and some of you know that I had problems with Reaper's stability for months now. Anyway, I'm sorry! It is not a way to discuss things, I know.

Not to mention it was a bit too "cheerful" night, too. Too much wine... And it was also such a simple project... so simple I just couldn't understand why Reaper crashed.

Thank you all for your understanding! For staying with me despite me being furious about it all. Of course I said more than a few things I didn't actually mean and I regret saying them. That was wine and months of frustration with Reaper's stability talking.

Today, even though I ran prime95 for a few hours without any problems, I loosened up the memory timings on my computer a bit. If Reaper continues to crash I'll lower the CPU clock to lower [say... 3200MHz?] than it is speced @ [it is a Phenom II 965 speced for 3400MHz] and see how it goes, just to make sure. Even though as I said, the computer passed a few hours of: memtest86, Everest stability test, 4 instances [1 per core] of Windows memtest and now prime95. In my experience first one usually shows if a computer is stable or not.

Oh yes and...

Happy Christmas everybody! [from an atheist]

Cheers! I only drink coffee and tea today. LOL

Last edited by DuX; 12-25-2013 at 07:53 AM.
Old 12-25-2013, 07:46 AM   #25
Jae.Thomas

Quote:
Now that is called a useful post brainwreck. Thank you so much! I would like as many people with as many different computers and OSes to post their experiences like that, actually. It is very probable that x64 Reaper is even worse than x86 judging by his post. Good to know, isn't it? that makes me even more not want to move on to a 64-bit OS. I have similar experiences with the other software btw like Cubase and ProTools. x64 versions not nearly as stable as their x86 32bit counterparts. And then all the forums are crawling with people who say x64 is soooo gooood. I can bet they've never done a bigger project than a 2 track remix?

actually, you asked that other people who have it working NOT share their experiences, but ok, you edited that out. People asked questions and you got increasingly upset.

I am using windows 8x64 and running reaper 64 bit. works great.

I do projects with many, many tracks and plugins.
Old 12-25-2013, 07:51 AM   #26
Jae.Thomas

Quote:
First, I apologise for the language used yesterday, especially in the first post of this thread, but it all came out at once, all the frustration that I experienced with Reaper lately. I'm sorry. It is not the way to discuss things.

Not to mention it was a bit too "cheerful" night, too.

Thank you all for your understanding! For staying with me despite me being furious about it all. Of course I said more than a few things I didn't actually mean. That was wine and frustration talking.

Today, even though I ran prime95 for a few hours without any problems, I loosened up the memory timings on my computer. If Reaper continues to crash I'll lower the CPU clock to lower [say... 3200MHz?] than it is speced @ [it is a Phenom II 965 at 3400MHz] and see how it goes, just to make sure. Even though as I said, the computer passed a few hours of: memtest86, Everest stability test, 4 instances [1 per core] of Windows memtest and now prime95. In my experience first one usually shows if a computer is stable or not.

Oh yes and...

Happy Christmas everybody! [from an atheist]

Cheers! I only drink coffee and tea today. LOL
ok so things are getting a little happier now, good.

I thought that shows if a computer hardware configuration like the cpu, memory etc, don't have faults... not that windows is stable or that the pc is DEALING with windows in a "Stable" way....
Old 12-25-2013, 08:02 AM   #27
DuX

Well, I'd like to exclude any possibility of hardware being at fault first. I just hope it's not the Faderport that makes Reaper unstable and it could be... I simply cannot believe that it's RME card, for instance.

It would be useful if someone with Faderport joined the discussion and shared experiences. Any stability problems with the Presonus Faderport? That would be such a shame as I'm so used to it and it helps my workflow immensely.

Speaking of Windows... JBM, you are right that it could be some of the latest Windows update patches or VC++ libraries maybe that don't really agree with Reaper somehow. However, Reaper is the only program that crashes here. I run Firefox and some simple video and audio editors, encoders, decoders, graphics and video programs without any problems whatsoever.

Last edited by DuX; 12-25-2013 at 08:07 AM.
Old 12-25-2013, 08:18 AM   #28
karbomusic

Quote:
It would be useful if someone with Faderport joined the discussion and shared experiences. Any stability problems with the Presonus Faderport? That would be such a shame as I'm so used to it and it helps my workflow immensely.
I did However, its pretty much the blind leading the blind without any information from the crash itself; that just doesn't compute with me sorry. Doesn't mean you can't find it otherwise, its just a lot more painful to do so unless luck is involved but crash info many times has a big fat red arrow pointing at the root cause. If you don't have a way to get the crash report attach procdump and send me the minidump: procmon -e reaper.exe

No stability issues here with FP it's always connected and I don't really have crashes with Reaper. It certainly can crash it (well the csurf code can) but without the details I can't fix it...

Last edited by karbomusic; 12-25-2013 at 08:29 AM.
karbomusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 08:25 AM   #29
EvilDragon

Can you try using Reaper without Faderport connected at all and see what happens? I reckon that would be the easiest way to test if it's indeed FP causing problems...
Old 12-25-2013, 03:54 PM   #30
Smurf

Reaper has been doing that crash thing here since 3.77 days on 3 systems here, that is why it has been regulated to doing mostly midi drum & "acid loop" stuff.

4.25 has been OK here under Win7 x64, but I am not tossing aside my x32 plugins just to say I use a full x64 system, there is too much invested for that! lOL
Old 12-26-2013, 11:04 AM   #31
Fabian

Quote:
Just a note... I run a similar system, AMD Phenom II x6 1055T, 8GB RAM, AMD 890GX chipset, W7x64pro. Never a hiccup. I cannot remember when I last had Reaper crash on me. I run the portable install, x86, always the latest release.

Sorry for your frustration DuX, but from my experience I would say that it is not Reaper, but something else in your system.
Old 12-26-2013, 06:28 PM   #32
Win Conway

Quote:

I don't care if it doesn't crash for anybody else
So why post in the forum ?

As to the rest, well you simply move on elsewhere (You said you where but you are still here)
Or
Contact the support at cockos email with your bug reports (It is rare they don't reply)
Or
Be a bit less silly in your forum posts (I have avoided quoting big portions to point out pure silliness) and ask for help from other users who are not suffering from these issues
Old 12-27-2013, 12:09 AM   #33
Doc Shay

Reaper has been crash happy for me on x64 for some reason, I tried 4.581 and the latest pre...I think it may have something to do with Js plugins because most of my crashes happened while using them.

My twitter https://twitter.com/_DocShay
Doc Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 03:22 AM   #34
ivansc

And crashlogs really ARE step one.

PhenomII 1055T 8gb '89 mobo Win7 64bitPro RME HDSP 9652 AND a UAD1 pci-e.

Intel i5 lappy 8gb Win8.1Home 64bit RME Babyface USB2.
ivansc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 03:15 AM   #35
DuX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
Reaper has been doing that crash thing here since 3.77 days on 3 systems here, that is why it has been regulated to doing mostly midi drum & "acid loop" stuff.

4.25 has been OK here under Win7 x64, but I am not tossing aside my x32 plugins just to say I use a full x64 system, there is too much invested for that! lOL
I've been pondering about it some more and what you said about Reaper's stability is my experience, too. This computer is precisely 3 years old and Reaper has been *utterly stable* in the beginning! I was in stability heaven at the time. That was in the late 2010 and throughout 2011, but at some point the crashes began, and then slowly began to be more and more frequent. Lately I cannot finish a project without Reaper crashing and I have to restart the whole OS because it really screws up something badly. After a crash like that if I try running some programs they behave really weird and it's impossible to work with them.

I just cannot really pinpoint precisely when Reaper began to be so unstable for me. That's why I brought out Faderport as a possible culprit because I didn't have Faderport in 2011. I bought it sometime in 2012.

I've been looking at the Reaper changelog and it could be that this instability my Reaper is experiencing crept in sometime in the early Reaper 4 versions, judging by dates. Latest v3 would possibly be a sure bet if I want a really stable Reaper, I guess.

After running some more tests now I'm sure it's not the computer. But what ED said, I could try one more thing - running Reaper without the Faderport... although that's not a solution at all because I love Faderport so much I cannot be without it. But at least we would know if it's Faderport...

Last edited by DuX; 12-28-2013 at 03:54 AM.
Old 12-28-2013, 03:20 AM   #36
Bevosss

OT Dux, are you planning to do a lite version of Win 8 ala your XP SP3 builds, or are they not necessary? Been using your build for years but switching to a much faster computer and Win 8 in the new year. Your build was so stable for me, so just asking chief, cheers...
Old 12-28-2013, 03:27 AM   #37
DuX

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpunk_w View Post
So why post in the forum ?

As to the rest, well you simply move on elsewhere (You said you where but you are still here)
Or
Contact the support at cockos email with your bug reports (It is rare they don't reply)
Or
Be a bit less silly in your forum posts (I have avoided quoting big portions to point out pure silliness) and ask for help from other users who are not suffering from these issues
I apologised for the language and temper in my first post in this thread and I explained what happened and why I posted it.

What happened precisely? Imagine it's like 5am and you've been alone working on a project for about 7 hours or more, consumed more than one bottle of red wine, and then Reaper crashes on you with leaving you with absolutely nothing at all. You can't even load *any* backup file that are created automatically. You simply have to do everything again. I snapped. I'm human.

If I had a boxing bag I'd kick the shit out of it and calm down, but I don't. LOL So I posted something here to blow off some steam and ease my pain.

However, Reaper is still unstable and I'm now developing a phobia from working with bigger projects in it. Remember that I couldn't even load any backups... so what do you do when even backups don't work? Trying to load these backups actually made Reaper crash again and I had to restart the whole OS. In the end I just deleted these backups because of this. I also often press CTRL+S to make sure what I've done so far is saved.

There's also a possibility that some plugins I used could be the problem, so I'm trying to use different plugins now and we'll see. It occurred to me that in this case ReaSamplomatic could also be responsible for the crash... because I used an older ReaSamplomatic template for drums...? And they're working a lot on it lately, so it could be that.

Last edited by DuX; 12-28-2013 at 03:58 AM.
Old 12-28-2013, 03:47 AM   #38
DuX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevosss View Post
OT Dux, are you planning to do a lite version of Win 8 ala your XP SP3 builds, or are they not necessary? Been using your build for years but switching to a much faster computer and Win 8 in the new year. Your build was so stable for me, so just asking chief, cheers...
You're so way ahead, Bevoss. LOL Win 8 Lite?? Now it's possible to have Windows 7 Lite. Windows 8 Lite will come in due time, I'm sure, but who knows when. Personally, I still use this XPSP3 Lite I made, but I have Windows 7 Lite in the works, x64 version. It's about time since some software started to refuse to install on XP... even though there are no reasons why they wouldn't work in XP, too. I installed it onto a few of client's computers and it seems to work alright. Windows 7 Lite really makes a lot of sense... it's full of too much of everything that could be culled when all one needs is an audio/video workstation with basic Internet and networking, and when one likes to use 3rd party programs for everything instead of Microsoft's included ones, like IE, Firewall, Antivirus etc.
Old 12-28-2013, 04:06 AM   #39
DuX

I'd like to point out that I highly respect Reaper developers, the whole idea of REAPER and everything about it, and it would make me really happy if there was no need to talk about their, and in the end *our*, baby [REAPER] crashing. It's just so freaking sad.
Old 12-28-2013, 04:27 AM   #40
Bevosss

I'd stay with your build too, but they seem to be phasing out XP support for some plugins and programs I like, plus I want more RAM. PM me when you have a Win 7 or 8 lite 64 bit to check out, I'd be happy to try it for you.

Sorry about your recent troubles (I only now just read the whole thread!), you don't have any midi controllers attached do you? I was getting some stupid crashes last night, Reaper wouldn't restart properly afterwards, I turned off my Kronos X keyboard which is assigned as a controller (under midi usb), and all was good. I have heard of other midi controller issues in the past, so just thought I'd mention it, cheers.