Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 11-21-2018, 06:09 PM   #1
SoundGuyChris
Human being with feelings

Default $lengthbeats wildcard is putting periods in filenames

Essentially the title.

If you use the new $lengthbeats wildcard in the Render to File>Output>Filename box, it'll for example do something like "1.2.00" measures and beats, which is not particularly acceptable for something used as a filename. It technically works, but many programs are not okay with periods in the file name / multiple "file extensions."

Would prefer it formatted as 1_2_00 or just 1_2 or whatever devs feel is most acceptable.

Would also like to mention that a switch for supporting just the amount of measures (in this case 1), or converting to just beats (6, in the above case of a 4/4 timesig) would be stellar and supremely appreciated.
SoundGuyChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 06:17 PM   #2
karbomusic
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundGuyChris View Post
It technically works, but many programs are not okay with periods in the file name / multiple "file extensions."
In most cases they are legal. It's not something I ever experience issues with FYI, I've been using dots in filenames for many, many, many years. Also...every audio file reaper creates (in my setup) uses a dot in the filename which numbers in the many thousands. YMMV but I wouldn't generally worry about it.
Old 11-27-2018, 06:11 PM   #3
Justin
Administrator

In the next pre-releases we're adding something for generic character substitution, so you can change the periods to whatever character you like.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote