Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 05-23-2019, 06:20 AM   #1
CoffeeQuest
Human being with feelings

Default How to lock media items to horizontal axis

I'm often trying to move a bunch of media items left or right on their tracks and often times I will misplace them a bit putting them all one track too high or too low. Is there a way to lock the movement, so when I've selected a bunch of items and left drag to move them, that they then will move only on the horizontal axis?

When dealing with envelope points I use the "move envelope points on one axis only" a lot. This locks the axis(horizontal or vertical) you can move the point. I use shift + ctrl as a modifier for this. I wish media items worked the same.

I have shift + ctrl when moving media item to lock them to vertical movement, but I have no way to lock horizontal movement. How can I do this?
I can't find it anywhere in the mouse modifier options.

Thanks!
CoffeeQuest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 09:22 AM   #2
solger

Check out the Items (prevent up/down movement) option in the Lock settings (accessible via right-click on the Lock icon in the main toolbar or via the Action List 'Options: Show lock settings').

There are a couple of 'Locking' Actions available. Just as example:
  • Locking: Toggle up/down item locking mode
  • Options: Toggle locking
Old 05-23-2019, 01:15 PM   #3
CoffeeQuest

Very cool. I've sat locking to horizontal movement to F1 now. I have to toggle it on/off. I would have hoped to find a way to do it with a modifier instead. Thanks for the tip
CoffeeQuest is offline   Reply With Quote