Old 01-19-2010, 05:38 PM   #1
d3tach3d
Human being with feelings

Default GM Midi in Reaper?

Hey guys I am fresh to the community and would like to first GREETINGS! Now to the Question. I am an avid GUITAR PRO user and I use it to write all my midi tracks with the GM Synth it is provided with. When i export my midi for a song with Bass, 2 guitar, drums etc) my media player plays the files like a song with audio from the GM and everything. When i go to import the file into REAPER. How do i assign the original gm midi synths to all my tracks the way my media player automaticaly plays it. All my db meters are active in all tracks and show activity but i get no midi sounds. I checked my midi out and it should be fine "works with ACID PRO". I know i can add my own VSTi and what not but im not looking for that. I need to know how to keep the General Midi sounds that are assigned in the file. Do i need so manually re asign GM? Solving the problem would help me greatly in my work flow. Thanks
d3tach3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 06:00 PM   #2
EvilDragon

1. import your MIDI file, let Reaper spread MIDI channels across multiple tracks (Reaper asks you this)
2. select all tracks
3. right click "io" icon on any of the tracks
4. find your MIDI output there, select "Send to all channels"

It should work now.
EvilDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 12:09 AM   #3
d3tach3d

The steps you gave me worked flawlessly. Thank you sir. Everything is audible now! Now I have another problem. all the midi sounds are pitch at a way higher octive than the original. I have ran into this problem while two programs are trying to use midi or something of that nature. I checked for that and did some precaution work. Everything looks fine, but I cant seem to get the playback to a normal pitch. Any Suggestions?
Old 01-20-2010, 09:14 AM   #4
EvilDragon

Does it happen when only one program uses MIDI as well?
EvilDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 11:22 PM   #5
d3tach3d

Not that I am aware of. Its like the GS synth I am using for midi cranks way up in pitch. Even windows error notification sounds etc.) are really high pitched. Weird and annoying. Thanks for the reply