Old 11-25-2022, 10:07 AM   #1
Sound asleep
Human being with feelings

Default Selecting multiple grouped items

So, usually shift or ctrl lets me select multiple items. But the problem is, if I have grouped items, ctrl ignores the group. I looked in mouse modifier properties and I see that for media items, ctrl+left click is "toggle item selection" and that there is an option, which is alt+click for me, which is "toggle item selection ignoring grouping" but these both behave the same for me. Any ideas why? Is it just a bug? or it is just me?
Old 11-25-2022, 12:10 PM   #2
xpander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound asleep View Post
ctrl+left click is "toggle item selection"
That's the default shortcut. And selecting with that shortcut an item which belongs to a group, it doesn't select all the others in the same group...unless you have ticked Selecting one item selects group (right-click menu over the Grouping icon). If you don't have that option selected, you don't see the difference between those shortcuts either.
xpander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 01:43 PM   #3
Sound asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpander View Post
That's the default shortcut. And selecting with that shortcut an item which belongs to a group, it doesn't select all the others in the same group...unless you have ticked Selecting one item selects group (right-click menu over the Grouping icon). If you don't have that option selected, you don't see the difference between those shortcuts either.
Thanks! what's weird is that normally selecting one item DID select the whole group. But you were right. I didn't have that option checked, and checking it fixed it. Thanks again.