Old 11-24-2022, 10:26 AM   #1
Steviebone
Human being with feelings

Default What the Fuh - Disappearing Audio

I am trying to record an audio track and during recording the waveform appears on the timeline as it's recording normally. But as soon as I hit STOP the waveform turns to two straight lines and no audio has been recorded. What gives?
Steviebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 09:18 AM   #2
rncwalker

Once you stop recording you should get a dialog box asking you if you want to save the recorded track or not! Once you save the recorded track you will see the waveform.

Robert
rncwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 09:28 AM   #3
serr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steviebone View Post
I am trying to record an audio track and during recording the waveform appears on the timeline as it's recording normally. But as soon as I hit STOP the waveform turns to two straight lines and no audio has been recorded. What gives?
Trying to record to a USB connected hard drive?

The risk of recording to a USB connected drive is if it disconnects (suspect cable or something) there's no feedback to the OS. A USB limitation. The DAW "thinking" it's still recording and then you hit stop and... surprise!

If this was just peak image files not having permission to be written to some folder or something around that the audio would still play.

If you errantly clicked 'OK' to delete the newly recorded audio with that dangerous as all fuck default prompt, the files would matter of fact be deleted and gone.
serr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 05:21 PM   #4
xpander

Save All is selected by default, so hitting Enter or that button would do exactly that, saving the recorded files. You'll have to intentionally select/click any of the other 3 options, Rename selected, Delete selected or Delete All. And if you happen to close the whole window before making your selection, files are saved. I'd say that's a pretty safe way to handle that prompt.
xpander is offline   Reply With Quote