Old 09-26-2022, 04:41 PM   #1
kamilbaranski1
Human being with feelings

Default Text Overlay - font size Mac vs Windows

Hello, I edit one project on my Windows computer and then run it on Macbook, and the font is much bigger on MacOS then on Windows. (The font is Verdana and Mac renders it as Verdana, too.) How to make these sizes the same?
kamilbaranski1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 06:23 PM   #2
papagirafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamilbaranski1 View Post
Hello, I edit one project on my Windows computer and then run it on Macbook, and the font is much bigger on MacOS then on Windows. (The font is Verdana and Mac renders it as Verdana, too.) How to make these sizes the same?
Even microsoft products on Mac vs PC have the same problem. I do not know of any automatic cure for that. You have to put a patch in the overlay text preset

ex: (after this line)
//@param1:size 'text height' 0.05 0.01 0.2 0.1 0.001
size*=0.93; //patch factor for MAC (adjust to your needs)
papagirafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 04:47 AM   #3
kamilbaranski1

Daamn, I have ~15 Text Overlays for each song and ~10 songs in a session... I'll think about having one zoom FX on the track that I can turn on/off with single click.

Is it possible to get notes for the item below the play cursor in the video processor script variable? I'd put the video processor on a track and that should be the best way for creating a lyrics prompter for the artist.
Old 09-27-2022, 07:07 AM   #4
papagirafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamilbaranski1 View Post
Daamn, I have ~15 Text Overlays for each song and ~10 songs in a session... I'll think about having one zoom FX on the track that I can turn on/off with single click.

Is it possible to get notes for the item below the play cursor in the video processor script variable? I'd put the video processor on a track and that should be the best way for creating a lyrics prompter for the artist.
Arghh!!!!!!! text overlays.... zooming down is your best solution in your case. I am cooking a new preset library that will break the text overlay in 3 parts: pure text, text style (+size) and text rendering. You would just need to change one "text style" and everything else would follow. Unfortunately some parts of the library are not ready yet for a release.

As for your second part: you mean getting text from empty items' notes? I've looked into that carefully and the short answer is: video processor script do no have acces to that information. You would need a JSFX or a background script to extract the info and transmit it to de vp via a shared memory. This gets ugly quite fast...one day maybe...
papagirafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 01:00 PM   #5
kamilbaranski1

OK, done .
  • The script takes song title and musical sequence title from media item titles
  • The lyrics are in separate media items (as basic strings, sent to shared memory)
  • All the formatting takes place in main script.

https://github.com/kamilbaranskicom/...aster/kbLyrics

That was a nice day . If anybody want to maintain this script, just tell me. I'll be glad.

Last edited by kamilbaranski1; 09-27-2022 at 01:00 PM. Reason: bbcode, minor changes