Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Pre-Release Discussion

Old 11-11-2022, 06:23 AM   #41
musicbynumbers
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa View Post
When you are moving items from a track that does not have fixed lanes, you can't move them into the add-lane area of a different track in a single move.
Ah! yeah, it works if both tracks have fixed lanes active.

That seems a bit restrictive though but if there's a reason that it's that way and this came out of previous testing issues then it is what it is

My situation that I needed it for was quite unique (dragging multiple audio items from different tracks into lanes, sending each audio item to different channels then glueing into a multichannel wav) but in sound design we often move stuff around like this.

Could it be a preference?
Old 11-11-2022, 11:42 AM   #42
theFRXST

i cant believe they are taking a break

edit: and theres now a new build lol there goes that joke

Last edited by theFRXST; 11-11-2022 at 03:09 PM.
theFRXST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2022, 05:26 AM   #43
musicbynumbers

Quote:
When you are moving items from a track that does not have fixed lanes, you can't move them into the add-lane area of a different track in a single move.
Just had to do a lot of moving audio items from various tracks all on to the same fixed lane for some sound design work and would have been so much faster if I could drop straight on.

Please consider an option to not limit where we can create new fixed lanes from at some point please devs. Thanks!
Old 11-13-2022, 03:43 PM   #44
bolgwrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicbynumbers View Post
Just had to do a lot of moving audio items from various tracks all on to the same fixed lane for some sound design work and would have been so much faster if I could drop straight on.
Just to say if that was me I'd use a kbd shortcut to set the source tracks to fixed lane beforehand.
Old 11-13-2022, 06:08 PM   #45
musicbynumbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolgwrad View Post
Just to say if that was me I'd use a kbd shortcut to set the source tracks to fixed lane beforehand.
I did try that but ran into an issue whereby the item I was dragging would force the track I was dragging into to change amount of lanes or something like that. It was yesterday though so I forget the exact issue but it wasn't that smooth of a way to do it .

Also, I use this way a lot so not having to do that would be great.
Old 11-15-2022, 02:41 AM   #46
warinhari

Default Items in lanes sort by length

Hi, I have noticed that when I record media in lanes, those new items are sorting differently than it has been in previous Reaper versions. They sort horizontally by length and not by the oldest how it has been. This makes orientation in Reaper session quite difficult and confusing.

I have discovered that this change has happened in update from Reaper v6.53 to v6.54 and is still in current version.

Sorry if I am just missing something and thank you for any reply
warinhari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 02:48 AM   #47
vitalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by warinhari View Post
Hi, I have noticed that when I record media in lanes, those new items are sorting differently than it has been in previous Reaper versions. They sort horizontally by length and not by the oldest how it has been. This makes orientation in Reaper session quite difficult and confusing.

I have discovered that this change has happened in update from Reaper v6.53 to v6.54 and is still in current version.

Yes, this thing is really odd, but it was a way to fix something, I don't remember what. Anyway I agree it's not ideal.
vitalker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 04:49 AM   #48
schwa
Administrator

Quote:

I'm sorry, I'm not seeing this, or not understanding the report. This is what I see:

schwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 05:48 AM   #49
warinhari

Quote:
I'm sorry, I'm not seeing this, or not understanding the report. This is what I see:

That's weird. Do you think there may be some toggle function which is affecting this?

I have tried to install v6.53 and it works like this, but after updating to v6.69
even in the same project those items are sorted differently just after opening it.
Attached Images
File Type: gif version6.53.gif (213.5 KB, 69 views)
File Type: gif version6.69a.gif (196.5 KB, 68 views)

Last edited by warinhari; 11-15-2022 at 05:51 AM. Reason: needed to add gif
warinhari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 05:52 AM   #50
vitalker

Quote:
That's weird. Do you think there may be some toggle function which is affecting this?

I have tried to install v6.53 and it works like this, but after updating to v6.69
even in the same project those items are sorted differently just after opening it.
Are you sure you are using fixed lanes mode? It would be good, if you show the behavior you are describing.
vitalker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 06:55 AM   #51
schwa
Administrator

Ah, no, the report is not about fixed lane mode, it's about the behavior in the release builds (not the +dev builds) when Options/New recording that overlaps existing media items is set to "creates new media items", and "offset overlapping items vertically" is enabled. Looking into this.
schwa is offline   Reply With Quote