Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 11-21-2022, 03:03 PM   #1
Multibomber
Human being with feelings

Default I screwed up my color scheme and I don't know how to fix it

Hello fine gentlemen! Here I have a grouped item on the left and a grouped item on the right. See how on the left, its really easy to see which take has been selected within the item (I have take 6 selected). But on the right, since I've clicked on that item, all the takes colors are washed out (lighter), and its really hard for me to see which take I have selected (I have Take 2 selected.)

How do I make it so that when I select an item, it doesn't wash out the colors so much? It's driving me bonkers and I have no idea what I did, but it didnt used to do it so extremely.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Multibomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 04:39 PM   #2
Multibomber

Nobody knows how to adjust this??? How the hell did I mess it up in the first place?
Old 11-23-2022, 03:49 PM   #3
xpander

Unfortunately cases were users don't know themselves how they caused something to happen are sometimes kinda hard to figure out. So, have you made a custom theme, or made changes to some existing theme? Or are you using the default theme, like Default_6.0 for example? In the last case, you could just change back to (unmodified) default. Otherwise changing or modifying the item_bg_sel.png image in the given theme resources could help. I don't know how you could've made a change like that without realizing it though.
xpander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 06:38 PM   #4
nicholas
Scribe

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpander View Post
Or are you using the default theme, like Default_6.0 for example? In the last case, you could just change back to (unmodified) default.
I suppose you could first open the Theme development tweaker (accessed from actions list) and browse thru the list of settings to see if anything looks weird, but it's probably quicker and easier just to do what xpander suggests and reload the default theme, or any other that you like.

This can be done from the via the main Options menu, or from the Load Theme... button in the Theme development tweaker (accessed from action list).
nicholas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 12:03 AM   #5
Multibomber

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpander View Post
Unfortunately cases were users don't know themselves how they caused something to happen are sometimes kinda hard to figure out. So, have you made a custom theme, or made changes to some existing theme? Or are you using the default theme, like Default_6.0 for example? In the last case, you could just change back to (unmodified) default. Otherwise changing or modifying the item_bg_sel.png image in the given theme resources could help. I don't know how you could've made a change like that without realizing it though.
I'm using Default 6.0 and with the Theme Modifier tool thingy. If its not a setting that's easy to change by accident, then I definitely haven't gone out of my way to change anything about my theme in at least a year or so. It's more likely that something changed after installing an update, and that I had changed something from the default a long time ago.

I'll look into changing the item_bg_sel.png in the theme resources.
I'll also save my current settings, and go to back to the Default settings and see if it changes at all.. thank you and NICHOLAS very much for the help!
Old 11-27-2022, 08:35 PM   #6
Time Waster

I use the default theme and I have the same issue. I've never changed the theme.
Old 12-01-2022, 05:09 AM   #7
Multibomber

Well I didn't find exactly what I was looking for, but in the Theme Adjuster, under Global Settings, I turned down the Highlights from 0.00 to -0.10 and that helped a lot!