Old 04-12-2021, 05:19 PM   #1
Mne
Human being with feelings

Default MixIR2 in Wine

Hope I have the right section.

Does anyone have MixIR working in Wine/Linux-Reaper?
Everytime I drop a cab sample on the gui it freezes and eventually crashes.
Mne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 03:10 AM   #2
robbert-vdh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mne View Post
Hope I have the right section.

Does anyone have MixIR working in Wine/Linux-Reaper?
Everytime I drop a cab sample on the gui it freezes and eventually crashes.
I somehow have that plugin lying around. It's working fine here, with Wine Staging (or rather, wine-tkg) 6.4 and the latest master branch version of yabridge. After dragging an IR module onto the rack on the right sometimes the mouse cursor seems to disappear. If that happens, you can just reopen the editor (or click the UI button twice) to fix it. Disappearing cursors is a common issue with Wine.

Last edited by robbert-vdh; 04-13-2021 at 03:16 AM.
robbert-vdh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 11:51 AM   #3
Mne

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbert-vdh View Post
I somehow have that plugin lying around. It's working fine here, with Wine Staging (or rather, wine-tkg) 6.4 and the latest master branch version of yabridge. After dragging an IR module onto the rack on the right sometimes the mouse cursor seems to disappear. If that happens, you can just reopen the editor (or click the UI button twice) to fix it. Disappearing cursors is a common issue with Wine.
Thanks for the reply.
I'll give yabridge a try then, currently on Manjaro using the Arch repo 6.5.2 Wine and LinVST 4.1 which works for everything except this and a Vienna 5 Key (Syncrosoft eLicenser).

Looks like I'll have to break that to try yabridge.
A bit more experimenting then
Mne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 12:31 PM   #4
robbert-vdh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mne View Post
Thanks for the reply.
I'll give yabridge a try then, currently on Manjaro using the Arch repo 6.5.2 Wine and LinVST 4.1 which works for everything except this and a Vienna 5 Key (Syncrosoft eLicenser).

Looks like I'll have to break that to try yabridge.
A bit more experimenting then
Yabridge's master branch contains a workaround for this Wine bug from Wine 6.5 that's still not been fixed in Wine 6.6. I'll push a fairly substantial bugfix update on Thursday with this workaround and support for bitbridging VST3 plugins (that's been a three month long bug chase to figure out where some memory corruption with 32-bit VST3 plugins was coming from, hence why 32-bit VST3 plugin support has been disabled until now). So until then you can use the yabridge-git AUR package instead of the regular yabridge package to build that version. Or you can also consider temporarily downgrading to Wine Staging 6.4 since Wine 6.5 and 6.6 also make it a bit more difficult to launch applications from the command line (irrelevant for yabridge, but still good to know about).
robbert-vdh is offline   Reply With Quote