Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Music/Collaboration Discussion

Old 06-24-2015, 07:30 AM   #1
inertia
Human being with feelings

Default New Murdryck song online - *WARNING* not for everyone

https://murdryck.bandcamp.com/track/...-divinity-demo

Since we have a couple of people here who like our stuff I thought I'd share our latest work.

We have released a demo version of a song from our album sessions.

All recorded and mixed in Reaper.
inertia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 10:05 AM   #2
zeekat

This is super legit sounding(mix and performance wise) black metal, for sure.
Old 06-25-2015, 02:13 PM   #3
karbomusic

Anytime it says "not for everyone" I'm in - due to my morbid fascination. It really isn't for me but I enjoyed listening. I wish the vocals were a little louder but could be the style and my lack of familiarity with it. Guitars around 2:40... Nice tone and I'm a sucker for breakdowns in half time.
Old 06-25-2015, 03:00 PM   #4
Kundalinguist

Personally, I would have liked to hear the singer make more mention of flowers, children and kittens. I think it also needs a little more (dare I say it?)…cowbell. But I was happy that at least the bleeding moon got an honorable mention. But all kidding aside:

The music has that early Ozzie flavor to it—reminiscent of Randy's darker guitar adventures.

It's a respectable piece in a genre outside my own expertise, but it definitely competes well with what I've heard of others like it. The vocal sounds menacing. I guess that's the goal, right? It may need a little less reverb, but that is subjective, I suppose. Vocal could use 1-3 db, (again, just supposing).

And now, back to my bible school class.

Old 06-26-2015, 04:54 AM   #5
inertia

Haha! Thanks for the taking the time to listen and even comment!

That's actually the second person to make the cowbell joke

Personally, I think the vocals sit quite well. I've been told off before for raising the vocal track above the guitars and reminded it's not "pop music". A lot of Black Metal is heavier on the overall reverb and the vocals sit way back in the mix. It's definitely an atmosphere over sonic excellence when it comes to this kind of music. I am trying to create a halfway house. I don't like over-produced metal and I do like it a bit old school.

I am almost done with the compositions for the album. We have a live band in the works now and will hopefully get some gigs by next year.
inertia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 07:25 AM   #6
Kundalinguist

It is already admirable enough that you are a doer and not just a dreamer. Best of luck with this project. It sounds like you have your heart (AND SOUL?) in it.

All the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inertia View Post
Haha! Thanks for the taking the time to listen and even comment!

That's actually the second person to make the cowbell joke

Personally, I think the vocals sit quite well. I've been told off before for raising the vocal track above the guitars and reminded it's not "pop music". A lot of Black Metal is heavier on the overall reverb and the vocals sit way back in the mix. It's definitely an atmosphere over sonic excellence when it comes to this kind of music. I am trying to create a halfway house. I don't like over-produced metal and I do like it a bit old school.

I am almost done with the compositions for the album. We have a live band in the works now and will hopefully get some gigs by next year.

Last edited by Kundalinguist; 06-26-2015 at 07:38 AM.
Kundalinguist is offline   Reply With Quote