Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > ReaScript, JSFX, REAPER Plug-in Extensions, Developer Forum

Old 03-25-2019, 03:17 AM   #1
formant
Human being with feelings

Default JSFX Vst doesn't remember plugin window size and doesn't allow renaming parameters

Dear Reaper Developers,

i am an owner of reaper licenses since version 3, but in recent years i mainly used the VST version of the JSFX development environment.

I consider this IDE to be a very straightforward and efficient one. Especially the possibility to evaluate program excerpts in the text editor for debugging WHILE the plugin is running in its host is a feature that i first got acquainted with in such IDEs like LISP and Smalltalk and which i did not expect to meet in a plugin IDE (realtime). For me this feature, along with the continuously updated variable-inspector, is one of the most important functionalities.

However, i am still missing the following two features (for a long time):

1.) JSFX plugins do not remember their last window size, they always open with their default size after a restart of the host application. This means, for instance, that you cannot establish customized layouts for parameter control but have to resize the JSFX plugin UI windows again each time, you have restarted your host (and have reloaded your setup, containing your JSFX plugins).

2.) Parameters in the host always show up as paramXX in the host and this cannot be changed. I would like to be able to change the naming of these parameters to something else inside the plugin, so that they can be recognized better inside the host if the plugin UI has not been opened. (e.g. this is possible in 'protoplug')

It would be very helpful if these features could be incorporated in a future release of the JSFX-IDE.

Thank you in advance for your reply
formant

Last edited by formant; 03-25-2019 at 03:29 AM.
formant is offline   Reply With Quote