Old 08-22-2019, 06:13 AM   #1
Nogla
Human being with feelings

Default Disable devices

Is it possible to add a on/off checkbox to OSC/web devices in the preferences?
I have several instruments set up, like OSC controllers and would like to be able to disable some of them temporarily, instead of deleting them and then adding again.
Nogla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 10:18 AM   #2
ivansc

Look at Options/Prefs menu. I routinely shuffle my MIDI stuff and my controllers AND my TouchOSC setup between enabled & disabled. It`s a one click solution once you get into the menu, which is finew by me so long as I remember to actually change it when I want to use one of my options that have been disabled!
Old 08-22-2019, 05:29 PM   #3
Nogla

Show me an example of a disabled OSC device in Control/OSC/web section of Options/Preferences. I prefer a screenshot. Thanks in advance.
Old 08-22-2019, 10:18 PM   #4
mschnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogla View Post
I have several instruments set up, like OSC controllers and would like to be able to disable some of them temporarily, instead of deleting them and then adding again.
By "instruments" you seem to mean "Control Surfaces".

You might want to take a look at the upcoming "CSI" Reaper extension (-> https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=183143 ) to use them all at the same time and define a decent workflow for this combination.
-MIchael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 11:11 PM   #5
ivansc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogla View Post
Show me an example of a disabled OSC device in Control/OSC/web section of Options/Preferences. I prefer a screenshot. Thanks in advance.
Sorry but this is so easy I cant be bothered to figure out doing a screenshot.

Just go into the Options/preferences/ menu and scroll down to MIDI devices. when the window opens, you will see all your existing MIDI devices and control surfaces including OSC. if you then *right click* on any of them you will see options to switch them on or off.
Old 08-23-2019, 05:28 AM   #6
Nogla

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
Sorry but this is so easy I cant be bothered to figure out doing a screenshot.

Just go into the Options/preferences/ menu and scroll down to MIDI devices. when the window opens, you will see all your existing MIDI devices and control surfaces including OSC. if you then *right click* on any of them you will see options to switch them on or off.
The thing is that OSC devices are located in options/preferences/"control/osc/web" and not in "midi devices". They are using *.ReaperOSC files for translating OSC commands into midi commands, which are then available in Reaper via "Virtual MIDI keyboard" input. What I need is a couple more of those Reaper's virtual midi ports and an option to enable/disable them quickly.

Code:
# these send MIDI to the vkb MIDI input. parameters are raw MIDI.

# for notes, if two, first wildcard is channel (0-15). MIDI note number is required (as decimal integer only!)
# if parameter value is 0, note-off, otherwise note-on
VKB_MIDI_NOTE i/vkb_midi/@/note/@ f/vkb_midi/@/note/@ i/vkb_midi/note/@ f/vkb_midi/note/@
# similar, but for 0xA0 (poly aftertouch)
VKB_MIDI_POLYAFTERTOUCH i/vkb_midi/@/polyaftertouch/@ f/vkb_midi/@/polyaftertouch/@ i/vkb_midi/polyaftertouch/@ f/vkb_midi/polyaftertouch/@
# for CCs, if two, first wildcard is channel (0-15). MIDI CC number is required (as decimal integer only!)
VKB_MIDI_CC i/vkb_midi/@/cc/@ f/vkb_midi/@/cc/@ i/vkb_midi/cc/@ f/vkb_midi/cc/@
# program change (0xC0) can take channel as wildcard, or value only
VKB_MIDI_PROGRAM i/vkb_midi/@/program f/vkb_midi/@/program i/vkb_midi/program f/vkb_midi/program
# channel pressure (aftertouch) (0xD0) can take channel as wildcard, or value only
VKB_MIDI_CHANNELPRESSURE i/vkb_midi/@/channelpressure f/vkb_midi/@/channelpressure i/vkb_midi/channelpressure f/vkb_midi/channelpressure
# pitch can take channel as wildcard, or value only
VKB_MIDI_PITCH i/vkb_midi/@/pitch f/vkb_midi/@/pitch i/vkb_midi/pitch f/vkb_midi/pitch
You're speaking about a completely different thing here.
Old 08-24-2019, 01:18 AM   #7
ivansc

No I am not. in MY installs (2 different machines) my TouchOSC device also shows up in the MIDI/OSC devices as TouchOSC Bridge, which is where it can be enabledd/disabled. I am working on the assumption that ALL flavours of OSC need that type of bridge device in reaper. Confess I am assuming a lot here, but do you actually have an OSC entry in your MIDI/OSC menu window? If so, try disabling it with a right click.