Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for macOS

Old 01-16-2019, 04:39 PM   #1
ianpq
Human being with feelings

Default Latest Reaper 64bit No output iMac RME

Hello - If I upgrade to the latest Reaper 64 bit version (5.965) I loose the main output on my RME Babyface to outputs 1&2. I thought this was a MAC OS problem and have both Yosemite and Sierra and it happens only when using the more recent 64 bit versions. It's no problem, I just go back to an earlier version of Reaper(5.25 works Ok). This doesn't happen on the 32 bit version of Reaper. I am using an iMac intel core i3 which is apparently 64bit. I'm not stuck, all is fine and I can work around, I just wondered if anyone has any thoughts on whats going on?

Thanks
ianpq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 04:41 PM   #2
cyrano

Latest drivers for the Babyface? Firmware up-to-date?
Old 01-19-2019, 10:42 AM   #3
ianpq

Well that may be it, there appears to be only two available versions on the RME download page and the most recent won't work on my set up. Maybe it's just one of those 'computer says no' things. Thank you anyway for your reply, it's much appreciated.
Old 01-19-2019, 01:07 PM   #4
cyrano

Did you enable the BF Pro as a sound input in System preferences/Security & privacy?

That's new in Mojave and a lot of people get bitten by it. Before you just needed System preferences/Sound and Utilities/Audio and MIDI setup. Now there's a third location to check.

EDIT: older RME drivers are available. I just change the number in the download URL. That works. There's also a link for them somewhere on that page, but it's not obvious. I downloaded a very old one for my G5 recently
Old 01-22-2019, 11:05 AM   #5
ianpq

I'm way too scared to risk Mojave with my 2010 i3 iMac so I am on Yosemite for these tests. My main system is actually Snow Leopard (!) but I have Yosemite and Sierra on separate boot drives. That way I can use old plugins and new ones. I have always found the Reaper latest upgrades to work fine but there is something between Reaper 5.965/64bit and my iMac that just won't play ball. I've tried using core audio and it's the same thing - no output on 1&2. I can use any other of the Babyface outputs and they all work fine. I'll keep trying.