Edgemeal
Human being with feelings

Default v5.965+dev0119 - January 20 2019

v5.965+dev0119 - January 20 2019
+ Joysticks: fix joystick support [p=2081611]
+ Linux: fix crossfade window glitches [p=2083685]
+ Linux: fix project bay menu issues [p=2083685]
+ Project Bay: add position column for source media and media items
# ARA: export media item and track names and colors (for Steinberg SpectraLayers)

Full changelog - Latest pre-releases
Edgemeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 10:06 AM   #2
musicbynumbers

Thanks!

Would you consider allowing us to be able to drag full media (from the media explorer window) into the media tab of the project bay?

Right now we can only do that in the source tab but be very handy for our saved project bays to be able to have it all under media tab (And ignore the source tab) rather than having to select a slightly smaller area in media explorer and drag that in when we really wanted the whole thing.
Old 01-20-2019, 01:33 PM   #3
JamesPeters

Also in Linux, "right-click to set color" has been added to the color selection dialog (thanks!)

The minor issue I describe here is mostly fixed too. It'll sometimes change the values for the color but only on the first "set of right/left clicks" on the color box, and I assume it's doing a rounding/recalculating to "basically the same color" (but with a different balance of parameters to achieve it). So it still does that (roughly half the time), but only once and not to a noticeable degree of difference in color unless you have Superman's eyes I guess.
JamesPeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 02:34 AM   #4
svijayrathinam

what's the difference between " reaper5965+dev0119-oldsdk_x86_64.dmg" & "reaper5965+dev0119_x86_64.dmg" ?

Pls let me know
svijayrathinam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 02:37 AM   #5
vitalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by svijayrathinam View Post
what's the difference between " reaper5965+dev0119-oldsdk_x86_64.dmg" & "reaper5965+dev0119_x86_64.dmg" ?

Pls let me know
old SDK vs. new SDK? Isn't it clear?
vitalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 02:49 AM   #6
svijayrathinam

I understand that. What I would like to know is if there are any benefits in the new SDK ? Any performance improvements etc ?
Old 01-21-2019, 02:58 AM   #7
vitalker

Quote:
I understand that. What I would like to know is if there are any benefits in the new SDK ? Any performance improvements etc ?
Yes, probably. That is why the devs pushed the development to new sdk. You can try out 2 builds and if that one with a new SDK will work worse for you, write about it.
vitalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 03:38 AM   #8
Vagalume

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicbynumbers View Post

Thanks!

Would you consider allowing us to be able to drag full media (from the media explorer window) into the media tab of the project bay?

Right now we can only do that in the source tab but be very handy for our saved project bays to be able to have it all under media tab (And ignore the source tab) rather than having to select a slightly smaller area in media explorer and drag that in when we really wanted the whole thing.
Really useful +1
Vagalume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 06:59 AM   #9
Justin
Administrator

Quote:

Pls let me know
reaper5965-icc18_x86_64.dmg --> reaper5965+dev0119_x86_64.dmg
reaper5965_x86_64.dmg --> reaper5965+dev0119-oldsdk_x86_64.dmg

Improvements when using the new SDK include better video output support on large pixel-count displays, and improved AUv3 support on 10.14.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 07:15 AM   #10
svijayrathinam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
reaper5965-icc18_x86_64.dmg --> reaper5965+dev0119_x86_64.dmg
reaper5965_x86_64.dmg --> reaper5965+dev0119-oldsdk_x86_64.dmg

Improvements when using the new SDK include better video output support on large pixel-count displays, and improved AUv3 support on 10.14.
Thank you Justin for the info.

In this version...I found a bug. Here is a video link where I explain in detail. Pls take a look with audio turned up. You can hear me explaining the issue through voice over.

https://youtu.be/y8KP2rCapiQ
Old 01-21-2019, 09:00 AM   #11
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Thank you Justin for the info.

In this version...I found a bug. Here is a video link where I explain in detail. Pls take a look with audio turned up. You can hear me explaining the issue through voice over.

https://youtu.be/y8KP2rCapiQ
Thanks, fixing -- btw you don't need to do a full youtube video for things like these, it would be easier for everybody to summarize as "the action 'Envelope: insert new point' used to select the new point, but does not anymore"
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 09:07 AM   #12
svijayrathinam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
Thanks, fixing -- btw you don't need to do a full youtube video for things like these, it would be easier for everybody to summarize as "the action 'Envelope: insert new point' used to select the new point, but does not anymore"
Thank you for fixing. From now on... I will keep the YouTube for more complicated bug reports 😀
Old 01-21-2019, 11:55 PM   #13
I/O_Madness

Hello, I'm trying to use the v5.965 dev 0119 with an Ohm64 MIDI controller on my Arch Linux machine, and I can't seem to be able to control plugins with the controller.

I'm using a2jmidid 8-3 with qjackctl to pass MIDI to REAPER. After setting the Ohm64 as a MIDI input to a mixer channel, I am able to see the red bar jumping up when I press a note, and when I record I can record MIDI notes, however, I can't seem to be able to send the MIDI to any plugins directly. I can record notes, then play back the resulting MIDI file in the same channel and it works fine, but while the mixer channel is record armed, and I play notes on the Ohm64, none of the plugins I've tried seem to register any input.
Old 01-22-2019, 05:02 AM   #14
Mercado_Negro

I've wanted to report this before but work hasn't allowed me to do it. There's a behavior that changed some weeks ago (I'll try to figure out when it started). It has to do with "auto-punch selected items". Now I have to check the option "create new media item in separate lanes (layers)" so REAPER won't delete the current take I want to record in.
Old 01-22-2019, 06:38 AM   #15
schwa
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercado_Negro View Post
I've wanted to report this before but work hasn't allowed me to do it. There's a behavior that changed some weeks ago (I'll try to figure out when it started). It has to do with "auto-punch selected items". Now I have to check the option "create new media item in separate lanes (layers)" so REAPER won't delete the current take I want to record in.
Please see https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=215954.
schwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 11:16 AM   #16
AndreiT

Why does REAPER version numbers turned from 5.xx to 5.xxx?
AndreiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 12:44 PM   #17
Mercado_Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa View Post
Thanks, Schwa. I'll comment on that thread.
Old 01-23-2019, 07:45 AM   #18
_Stevie_

@devs: is there a way to adjust the amount of zoom level, when enabling "Always show full track control panel on armed tracks"?

And if not, could we have a pref to set the height?
Old 01-24-2019, 10:57 PM   #19
SonicAxiom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgemeal View Post
thanks for adding this!
Now that I can easily spot the position it may be cool to have several position columns showing the position in alternative time formats like measures/beats/ticks, frames, samples etc.
thanks again!

Old 02-01-2019, 02:13 AM   #20
I/O_Madness

Quote:
Originally Posted by I/O_Madness View Post
Hello, I'm trying to use the v5.965 dev 0119 with an Ohm64 MIDI controller on my Arch Linux machine, and I can't seem to be able to control plugins with the controller.

I'm using a2jmidid 8-3 with qjackctl to pass MIDI to REAPER. After setting the Ohm64 as a MIDI input to a mixer channel, I am able to see the red bar jumping up when I press a note, and when I record I can record MIDI notes, however, I can't seem to be able to send the MIDI to any plugins directly. I can record notes, then play back the resulting MIDI file in the same channel and it works fine, but while the mixer channel is record armed, and I play notes on the Ohm64, none of the plugins I've tried seem to register any input.
Bump?
Old 02-01-2019, 08:46 PM   #21
I/O_Madness

Quote:

For anyone who gives a damn, found out "monitor input" is turned OFF by default. In Windows it is ON by default (at least on mine).
Old 02-02-2019, 08:55 AM   #22
Edgemeal

Quote:
For anyone who gives a damn, found out "monitor input" is turned OFF by default. In Windows it is ON by default (at least on mine).
You can change that, To set which options you want enabled by default for new tracks go to, Preferences > Track/Send Defaults > Record Config
Edgemeal is offline   Reply With Quote