Old 01-19-2019, 01:47 PM   #1
satellite15
Human being with feelings

Default Rendering Multiple Selected Video Tracks

I'm trying to export five separate video tracks that I have time-aligned to some audio. When I select them and try to render "Stems (selected tracks)" I get five of the same (highest ordered) video. It's basically the Master video mix, I suppose. I would've expected to get the five different video tracks.

It's not the end of the world as I can just do five separate renders with the unwanted tracks muted, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.
satellite15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 04:06 PM   #2
Eliseat

Video tracks don't behave like audio tracks. They always get summed at the top track in the stack. (Or the bottom one if changed in the preferences.)
There were thoughts and discussions about how to manage this better (Use video folders etc.) but video doesn't have the same focus as audio in Reaper.
You did it the right way. Muting the ones you don't want in the rendering. But I'm pretty sure this could be done more comfortably with actions. (Batch render or something.)

Anyway. You did it. And welcome to the Reaper forums. (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

Eli
Old 01-19-2019, 05:14 PM   #3
satellite15

Alright, thanks for the sanity check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliseat View Post
Anyway. You did it. And welcome to the Reaper forums. (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
👍
satellite15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 10:00 PM   #4
Josh_guitarreiru

Hi there,
I am in the same situation, want to render fes synch videos at the same time and neither stem rendering neither queued renders work in such scenario. I wonder whether you found any action or solution to this?
Thanks in advance!
Cheers,
Josh
Josh_guitarreiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 04:52 AM   #5
papagirafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_guitarreiru View Post
Hi there,
I am in the same situation, want to render fes synch videos at the same time and neither stem rendering neither queued renders work in such scenario. I wonder whether you found any action or solution to this?
Thanks in advance!
Cheers,
Josh
The solution I found for this is to "serialize" the project. Put all video recordings on one track, add the audio track and repeat the audio item for each video and then create a region for each video. At the final stage you do a "render project regions". I do this for my virtual choir projects to align each chorister's video recording and to do all kinds of video corrections. It keep performance under control; you may also want to disable "hires peaks" on all video items to further improve speed. Here is visual example:

papagirafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 05:12 AM   #6
Josh_guitarreiru

Thanks PapaGirafe!
I just found this morning that queue the video renders works fine if I mute every other video track in each render I summit to the queue (I must have done something wrong in my previous attempt). Only thing to bear in mind is that Render Master track should be used to render with sound, but then we can't use $track wildcard to get the rendered items named as tracks
Josh_guitarreiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 05:26 AM   #7
papagirafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_guitarreiru View Post
Thanks PapaGirafe!
I just found this morning that queue the video renders works fine if I mute every other video track in each render I summit to the queue (I must have done something wrong in my previous attempt). Only thing to bear in mind is that Render Master track should be used to render with sound, but then we can't use $track wildcard to get the rendered items named as tracks
What you are describing is what I was doing initially but as the size of my projects increased my modest computer would grind to a halt so I moved to the later project structure. BTW I forgot to mention that I use $region for file names instead of $track...
papagirafe is offline   Reply With Quote