Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 01-21-2019, 04:30 PM   #1
Real
Human being with feelings

Default Voxengo Old Skool Reverb problem

Hello all,

Just recorded a simple Bongo track to which I would like to add a little reverb.

I'm using Voxengo's Old Skool Reverb and it's working for everything else I did so far, but this time, it's behaving very strangly and making a chirping song after each tap on the Bongos.

Unable to find what's going on.

I tried another VST reverb and the sound was ok (no chirping sound). I still would like to use the Voxengo VST that I find very versatile for my needs.

Any idea of what could be the cause of this?

Thanks
Real
Real is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 06:16 PM   #2
Cranky Emu

Not sure if it is the same problem you are having. I have experienced the chirp and also no audio at all now and then. The only cure I came up with was to close the project (save it first obviously) and then re-open it and everything worked fine.

I had a plugin called Chorus CH-2, some nice sounds out of it, I liked it, but it was a dog of a thing, a very lazy dog! It would now and then cause Reaper to crash. It also was the cause of the chirping I was getting at times and was the sole cause of the crashes I experienced.

Even though you may not have CH-2, the point is, there could be a plugin you're using that is causing you grief.

In my experience so far, which is somewhat limited compared to other folks here, 32 bit plugins seem to be the ones which will cause problems in my experience. I am running Reaper 64 bit if that has any bearing on things, which I suspect it may and some of the older 32 bit plugins just don't work well.
Old 01-21-2019, 07:37 PM   #3
uglijimus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real View Post
Hello all,

Just recorded a simple Bongo track to which I would like to add a little reverb.

I'm using Voxengo's Old Skool Reverb and it's working for everything else I did so far, but this time, it's behaving very strangly and making a chirping song after each tap on the Bongos.

Unable to find what's going on.

I tried another VST reverb and the sound was ok (no chirping sound). I still would like to use the Voxengo VST that I find very versatile for my needs.

Any idea of what could be the cause of this?

Thanks
Real
do you have any plug-ins before or after voxengo? if so, try deleting them and see if that makes a difference. i use the same plug in quite often and never have a problem.
uglijimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 02:08 PM   #4
Real

Thanks for the replies.

Did tried to remove any other VST, but no change. I'm beginning to think that the Oldsckool verb is somewhat allergic to high transient for that would be a really big flaw for such a nive piece of software.

I never was able to find a solution to this. I changed the reverb to another VST and everything is Ok. Pitty, since I love the Voxengo reverb...

Really strange.
Thank you again.
Real
Old 02-11-2019, 04:26 AM   #5
DarkStar

^^^
Please let Voxengo know about that problem. so that Aleksey can investigate.
Old 02-11-2019, 07:15 AM   #6
Real

Will do.

I was just not sure if the problem was between the computer and the keyboard. I think I will let Vosengo know about this issue.

For now, no fix found and I relied on another VT reverb for this specific project. I will try to uninstall/reinstall as you suggested.

Thank you again.
Real