Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 01-14-2019, 01:22 AM   #241
moss
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kejnel View Post
Does DrivenByMoss 4 Reaper work with portable installation of Reaper? There is no AppData folder for portable Reaper.

I tried to copy the files into <Disk letter>:\<A folder>\REAPER_portable\UserPlugins\ but it does not show up in Control Surfaces options.

I use 32bit portable Reaper.
For the portable installation just drop the files into the "Plugins" folder of your portable installation but you need a 64bit version of Reaper.
I guess I should add that to the documentation.
moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 08:36 AM   #242
Kejnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by moss View Post
For the portable installation just drop the files into the "Plugins" folder of your portable installation but you need a 64bit version of Reaper.
I guess I should add that to the documentation.
Ah, I understand. Thank you!
Kejnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 02:37 PM   #243
azslow3

Is there any text/video which describes exact functionality of NKS keyboards with this extension in REAPER?

I do not have such keyboard but it provides accessible control for NKS plug-ins and so it is interesting for corresponding community.
azslow3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 01:00 AM   #244
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by azslow3 View Post
Is there any text/video which describes exact functionality of NKS keyboards with this extension in REAPER?

I do not have such keyboard but it provides accessible control for NKS plug-ins and so it is interesting for corresponding community.
The features (and limittions) are the same as with Bitwig, so you can watch my Bitwig videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qAUX4rThFw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_ITpKDPCVk
Old 01-15-2019, 04:30 AM   #245
azslow3

Thanks! So MK1 is working directly throw your extension and MK2 throw NI service. Do you already have A-series or know if it is going to work throw NI service as MK2 or more like MK1?

I will try to explain. RWP community can not use lights and monitors. But NI has implemented accessibility in the service and it works with S. They will implement it for A, but it is not there jet. Some people are thinking what to buy.
On one side, S gives accessibility already now and MK2 gives it (if understood that correctly) for the DAW section as well, independent from the reaper extension which transfer the information (your extension is obviously not speaking, as all other surface extensions at the moment). The disadvantages is that MK2 has useless (for RWP) monitors and LEDs and as you say in the video does not support not NKS integrated plug-ins.
On the other side is A, which does not have useless components, lighter and cheaper. If it is working as S MK1, it will not have accessible DAW controls out of the box but has potential for overall accessible extension. In case it works as S MK2, it will have all advantages/disadvantages of current MK2 implementation.
azslow3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 05:31 AM   #246
moss

Quote:
Do you already have A-series or know if it is going to work throw NI service as MK2 or more like MK1?
I do not have one but might get one in the near future. NIs strategy is to use their host service.

Quote:
I will try to explain. RWP community can not use lights and monitors. But NI has implemented accessibility in the service and it works with S. They will implement it for A, but it is not there jet. Some people are thinking what to buy.
As usual: if a feature is essential to you buy ONLY when it is really available!

Quote:
... and as you say in the video does not support not NKS integrated plug-ins.
For the MkII that is no longer true since the last update of Komplete Kontrol. It sends the necessary information now to Reaper and Bitwig as well. But you still cannot control any of the native or VST plugins. However, there is a workaround if you use the MIDI mode via Generic Flexi to map the device remote controls.
Old 01-16-2019, 12:23 AM   #247
machinesworking

Documenting the experience with the new version 5 of DBM4R on both OSX devices here.
On the desktop, loaded with MIDI devices and controller drivers etc. stuck in OS 10.12.5 due to a third party MSATA driver etc. I'm still not seeing anything but the Push splash screen, the rest of the kobs and buttons are responsive though, everything works but the screen.

The current Logging in the controller configuration window,
Quote:
Loading device INI files from /Users/machines/Library/Application Support/REAPER ...
/Users/machines/Library/Application Support/REAPER/reaper-fxfolders.ini not present, skipped loading.
Starting controller 'Ableton Push 2 - 11.03'
Unable to claim interface.
org.usb4java.LibUsbException: USB error 99: Other error
at de.mossgrabers.reaper.framework.usb.UsbDeviceImpl. getEndpoint(UsbDeviceImpl.java:173)
at de.mossgrabers.controller.push.controller.PushUsbD isplay.<init>(PushUsbDisplay.java:67)
at de.mossgrabers.controller.push.controller.PushDisp lay.<init>(PushDisplay.java:107)
at de.mossgrabers.controller.push.PushControllerSetup .createDisplay(PushControllerSetup.java:236)
at de.mossgrabers.controller.push.PushControllerSetup .createSurface(PushControllerSetup.java:229)
at de.mossgrabers.framework.controller.AbstractContro llerSetup.init(AbstractControllerSetup.java:107)
at de.mossgrabers.reaper.controller.AbstractControlle rInstance.lambda$start$1(AbstractControllerInstanc e.java:123)
at de.mossgrabers.reaper.ui.utils.SafeRunLater.lambda $execute$0(SafeRunLater.java:37)
at java.desktop/java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessI mpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilter s(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(U nknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarch y(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

Initialized.
Checking to see if anything changes if I unplug everything but Push 2......
So with only a Logitech bluetooth USB mouse and Push 2 plugged in, it's exactly the same.

Checking on the 2012 Macbook Pro running OSX Mojave it's working albeit with caveats, because of Apple's over aggressive security probably...
Reascript error pops up upon start of Reaper with this:
Quote:
Can't load file:

/Users/machinesmoblie/Documents/REAPER Media/DrivenByMoss4Reaper-2.0/eel/DrivenByMoss-Main.eel
So it has to be initially selected in the controller preferences and seems to work upon restart, but that dialogue still comes up when you open Reaper. The same if you shut down completely. You don't have to reconfigure the control script though.

So a non programmers guess is that there's something with OS 10.12.5 + your wonderful softwarepast version 3.31, because even with funky warnings Mojave is acting much better, and I should at least update this computer to High Sierra.
machinesworking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 02:41 AM   #248
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by machinesworking View Post
Documenting the experience with the new version 5 of DBM4R on both OSX devices here.
On the desktop, loaded with MIDI devices and controller drivers etc. stuck in OS 10.12.5 due to a third party MSATA driver etc. I'm still not seeing anything but the Push splash screen, the rest of the kobs and buttons are responsive though, everything works but the screen.

The current Logging in the controller configuration window,

Checking to see if anything changes if I unplug everything but Push 2......
So with only a Logitech bluetooth USB mouse and Push 2 plugged in, it's exactly the same.

Checking on the 2012 Macbook Pro running OSX Mojave it's working albeit with caveats, because of Apple's over aggressive security probably...
Reascript error pops up upon start of Reaper with this:
You did not uninstall Version 2.0 correctly (which used this script). See the Version 3.0 introduction video from minute 2:00 I explain how to uninstall V2.0: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKrASqhFvvQ

I am not sure if I followed your explanations above: you are saying it works now on one Mac but not on the other (with the above error)?
Old 01-16-2019, 12:23 PM   #249
ThrashJazzAssassin

Moss, I am using your latest release with a Novation SL MkI and it's working great. It's faster than Automap and is super easy to install now. Thank you! Not many config options though. Do you still have an SL? Any plans for it? Open to suggestions?
Old 01-17-2019, 03:07 AM   #250
machinesworking

Quote:
You did not uninstall Version 2.0 correctly (which used this script). See the Version 3.0 introduction video from minute 2:00 I explain how to uninstall V2.0: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKrASqhFvvQ
Thanks, that solved that issue.

Quote:
I am not sure if I followed your explanations above: you are saying it works now on one Mac but not on the other (with the above error)?
So like most of us I have a desktop and laptop, Mac Pro 2009 Macbook Pro 2012.
After that one little thing with the old version the laptop works perfectly. No issues OS Mojave.

I've mostly been working with the Mac Pro, this is the computer that for whatever reason just does not work with your wonderful software... The LED display shows nothing. All the buttons and pads light up but the display screen is blank. I've tried as much as I can think of to get it to work.

I've tried:

Unplugging all USB devices and hubs from the computer, only the Push 2.

Starting Reaper as root, this kills Reapers license every time, and Reaper then refuses to see the REAPER folder and loads ini files into the Application folder next to Reaper.. oh and the display is still blank.

Removing all VSTs.

Uninstalling Reaper, all preferences and dependancies.

Installing High Sierra since I was on Sierra. (the video card doesn't support Mojave)

I loaded all the odd drivers for things like the Slate Raven (V-Control Pro and UPDD software etc.) I had on the desktop on the laptop to see if that caused the laptop to suffer the same problem, but it just worked fine...

The Desktop Mac Pro continues to throw out this warning etc. in the Logging for the controller in Reaper. (the laptop does not)

Quote:
Loading device INI files from /Users/machines/Library/Application Support/REAPER ...
/Users/machines/Library/Application Support/REAPER/reaper-fxfolders.ini not present, skipped loading.
Starting controller 'Ableton Push 2 - 11.03'
Unable to claim interface.
org.usb4java.LibUsbException: USB error 99: Other error
at de.mossgrabers.reaper.framework.usb.UsbDeviceImpl. getEndpoint(UsbDeviceImpl.java:173)
at de.mossgrabers.controller.push.controller.PushUsbD isplay.<init>(PushUsbDisplay.java:67)
at de.mossgrabers.controller.push.controller.PushDisp lay.<init>(PushDisplay.java:107)
at de.mossgrabers.controller.push.PushControllerSetup .createDisplay(PushControllerSetup.java:236)
at de.mossgrabers.controller.push.PushControllerSetup .createSurface(PushControllerSetup.java:229)
at de.mossgrabers.framework.controller.AbstractContro llerSetup.init(AbstractControllerSetup.java:107)
at de.mossgrabers.reaper.controller.AbstractControlle rInstance.lambda$start$1(AbstractControllerInstanc e.java:123)
at de.mossgrabers.reaper.ui.utils.SafeRunLater.lambda $execute$0(SafeRunLater.java:37)
at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessI mpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilter s(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(U nknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarch y(Unknown Source)

Initialized.
Old 01-17-2019, 04:06 AM   #251
moss

Quote:
So like most of us I have a desktop and laptop, Mac Pro 2009 Macbook Pro 2012.
After that one little thing with the old version the laptop works perfectly. No issues OS Mojave.

I've mostly been working with the Mac Pro, this is the computer that for whatever reason just does not work with your wonderful software... The LED display shows nothing. All the buttons and pads light up but the display screen is blank. I've tried as much as I can think of to get it to work.
Thanks for the additional info. I have now the same issue as you, which means I can reproduce the error. But I have so far no idea whats the problem. It seems to work with Bitwig on the same computer, which should contain the same code and libraries but I need to do some further testing (might take some time). Can't tell you how much I hate Macos...
Old 01-17-2019, 04:08 AM   #252
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrashJazzAssassin View Post
Moss, I am using your latest release with a Novation SL MkI and it's working great. It's faster than Automap and is super easy to install now. Thank you! Not many config options though. Do you still have an SL? Any plans for it? Open to suggestions?
I have currently no plans for it (but still own it) but I am always open for good ideas. :-)
Old 01-17-2019, 05:01 AM   #253
machinesworking

Quote:
Thanks for the additional info. I have now the same issue as you, which means I can reproduce the error. But I have so far no idea whats the problem. It seems to work with Bitwig on the same computer, which should contain the same code and libraries but I need to do some further testing (might take some time). Can't tell you how much I hate Macos...
That's cool that you can reproduce it, I was thinking it was going to be a unique problem.

Thanks for bothering with an OS that bothers you. To be fair, I know that Urs Heckman has stated that he wouldn't have gotten into plug in development if it wasn't for OSX, so it does produce some good. Their security madness is pretty crazy though, like they really believe the sky will fall in if a major virus ever gets released on OSX.
Old 01-17-2019, 01:22 PM   #254
HammyHavoc

Hey Moss,

I'm trying to setup a friend's Komplete Kontrol MK2 after they were impressed with how well DrivenByMoss4Reaper worked with mine.

Only issue being is that after configuring the control surface, I cannot get the keys or transport to respond like they do on my own PC. Any thoughts on this?
Old 01-17-2019, 02:17 PM   #255
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammyHavoc View Post
Hey Moss,

I'm trying to setup a friend's Komplete Kontrol MK2 after they were impressed with how well DrivenByMoss4Reaper worked with mine.

Only issue being is that after configuring the control surface, I cannot get the keys or transport to respond like they do on my own PC. Any thoughts on this?
Check if all Komplete Kontrol midi ports are deactivated in Reaper and the correct midi input is selected in the DrivenByMoss Kontrol configuration.
Old 01-17-2019, 04:03 PM   #256
HammyHavoc

Quote:
Check if all Komplete Kontrol midi ports are deactivated in Reaper and the correct midi input is selected in the DrivenByMoss Kontrol configuration.
They're all deactivated in the MIDI Devices section.

Could I be a pain in the arse and ask which is the correct MIDI input? There's quite a few for the KK. :- )
Old 01-17-2019, 07:12 PM   #257
AndreIsidro

Default Crash in version 5! Help!

Ok, so I pasted the file and all the folders in the UserPlugins folder.

Then I went to preferences and selected Control/OSC/Web

Clicked on add

Selected DrivenByMoss4Reaper

Reaper crashed :'(

Please help!
Am I missing something?
I just want my nanokontrol2 to finally work...
AndreIsidro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 08:42 PM   #258
machinesworking

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreIsidro View Post
Ok, so I pasted the file and all the folders in the UserPlugins folder.

Then I went to preferences and selected Control/OSC/Web

Clicked on add

Selected DrivenByMoss4Reaper

Reaper crashed :'(

Please help!
Am I missing something?
I just want my nanokontrol2 to finally work...
When things go wrong give as much information as you can.
No one know which OS you're using, what kind of computer, if this is the first time that you've installed DrivenByMoss4Reaper etc. etc.
Old 01-17-2019, 09:17 PM   #259
AndreIsidro

Quote:
When things go wrong give as much information as you can.
No one know which OS you're using, what kind of computer, if this is the first time that you've installed DrivenByMoss4Reaper etc. etc.
Sorry!

I'm using a late 2015 Macbook Pro with OX El Capitain installed! And yes! It's the first time I tried using this!

Sorry, I'm kinda lost on how to proceed

Here's the message I got after the crash

Quote:
Process: REAPER [5475]
Path: /Applications/REAPER64.app/Contents/MacOS/REAPER
Identifier: com.cockos.reaper
Version: 5.96.500 (5.96.500)
Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process: ??? [1]
Responsible: REAPER [5475]
User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2019-01-18 04:14:35.926 +0000
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.11.6 (15G22010)
Report Version: 11
Anonymous UUID: F4DE451C-058F-E633-BF99-9488A3778D13

Time Awake Since Boot: 13000 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread: 32 Java: AWT-EventQueue-0

Exception Type: EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Dyld Error Message:
Symbol not found: _clock_gettime
Referenced from: /private/var/folders/*/libusb4java.dylib
Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
Does this help?
Old 01-18-2019, 12:48 AM   #260
machinesworking

I don't know AndreIsidro? but I would bet it gives Möss a better idea of what might be going wrong?
This is amazing software when it works so it's worth investigating for sure.
Old 01-18-2019, 04:01 AM   #261
moss

Quote:
Sorry!

I'm using a late 2015 Macbook Pro with OX El Capitain installed! And yes! It's the first time I tried using this!

Sorry, I'm kinda lost on how to proceed

Here's the message I got after the crash

Does this help?
Yes, you need at least Macos 10.12 Sierra.
Old 01-18-2019, 04:04 AM   #262
moss

Quote:
They're all deactivated in the MIDI Devices section.

Could I be a pain in the arse and ask which is the correct MIDI input? There's quite a few for the KK. :- )
Kontrol DAW -> used to communicate with the NI service
Kontrol EXT -> The external MIDI in-/output of the Kontrol
Kontrol -> use this one

Naming is different on the different OSs...
Old 01-18-2019, 09:11 AM   #263
HammyHavoc

Quote:
Kontrol DAW -> used to communicate with the NI service
Kontrol EXT -> The external MIDI in-/output of the Kontrol
Kontrol -> use this one

Naming is different on the different OSs...
I've tried both the 'Midi 1.0' and 'OSC 1.20', and whilst the keys and transport works quite happily in MIDI mode with 'Komplete' selected, once an Instance is selected, the transport stops working.

This is on Windows 10 64 bit.
Old 01-18-2019, 11:16 AM   #264
ThrashJazzAssassin

Quote:
I have currently no plans for it (but still own it) but I am always open for good ideas. :-)
Good to hear chief. In that case, it would be great if the faders on the SL were locked to certain tracks. They currently follow Reaper's selected track, could we bank through them another way?

Also, concerning the bottom knobs, please consider options for another bank of volumes or the first 8 TCP parameters of the selected track.. (GetTCPFXParm??)

Thanks

(both requests are how Padre's Automap csurf worked - not by default, that's how I used it)

Last edited by ThrashJazzAssassin; 01-18-2019 at 11:21 AM.
ThrashJazzAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 04:38 PM   #265
moss

Quote:
I've tried both the 'Midi 1.0' and 'OSC 1.20', and whilst the keys and transport works quite happily in MIDI mode with 'Komplete' selected, once an Instance is selected, the transport stops working.

This is on Windows 10 64 bit.
Use only the OSC the other one is experimental (and should not have been in the release). I tested on Windows but could not replicate a problem.
Can you give me the exact steps what you did? Did I get this right: you also have a Kontrol MkII and it works fine?
Old 01-18-2019, 07:01 PM   #266
HammyHavoc

Quote:
Use only the OSC the other one is experimental (and should not have been in the release). I tested on Windows but could not replicate a problem.
Can you give me the exact steps what you did? Did I get this right: you also have a Kontrol MkII and it works fine?
Hi Moss!

I had my friend swap over to OSC and the same problem still applies.

We create a track, arm the track and monitor it. Open Maschine, or Komplete Kontrol, but I'll get to that, as FX on the track.

Interestingly, the transport no longer functioning occurs within Maschine VST; using the KKMK2 with Maschine is the main selling point (hence all the buttons and two screens).

When using the KKMK2 with the Komplete Kontrol VST, the transport continues to function, which is what my experience with it was. I tried Maschine, but the same problem as his occurs.

However, when you have Maschine VST running and you press the Instance key on the KKMK2 and select it with the 4D encoder (press inwards), the transport stops functioning, but the rest of it continues to work just fine. Frustrating not being able to use the transport.

I noticed that you said you do not have Maschine so could not help another user. If you need to temporarily take the Maschine software for a spin then I can arrange this for you in private, hardware is not needed, you only need the KKMK2. :- ) Would love to buy you a few cold/hot ones if you can figure this out!
Old 01-19-2019, 04:26 AM   #267
moss

Quote:
Hi Moss!

I had my friend swap over to OSC and the same problem still applies.

We create a track, arm the track and monitor it. Open Maschine, or Komplete Kontrol, but I'll get to that, as FX on the track.

Interestingly, the transport no longer functioning occurs within Maschine VST; using the KKMK2 with Maschine is the main selling point (hence all the buttons and two screens).

When using the KKMK2 with the Komplete Kontrol VST, the transport continues to function, which is what my experience with it was. I tried Maschine, but the same problem as his occurs.

However, when you have Maschine VST running and you press the Instance key on the KKMK2 and select it with the 4D encoder (press inwards), the transport stops functioning, but the rest of it continues to work just fine. Frustrating not being able to use the transport.

I noticed that you said you do not have Maschine so could not help another user. If you need to temporarily take the Maschine software for a spin then I can arrange this for you in private, hardware is not needed, you only need the KKMK2. :- ) Would love to buy you a few cold/hot ones if you can figure this out!
That's why it is always helpful to write in detail what you are doing :-)

So, the problem is the Maschine plugin. Since I meanwhile got a Maschine license I can tell to you that this is actually how Maschine works with the Kontrol MkII. This is explained in detail in the MkII manual in the Host section.

That you are in Maschine mode is indicated with the little keyboard icon in the upper right of the Maschine plugin UI. Strangely, you can only enable it by clickin on the icon but not disabling it (seems like a bug to me). To switch these modes on the Mk II: To enable press INSTANCE and then SELECT. To disable: only press INSTANCE and then switch back to MIXER.
Old 01-19-2019, 06:23 AM   #268
minizzZ

Default Unsupported Midi, not enough memory

Hello Moss,

I have installed your Drivenbymoss on my laptop for use with reaper and my Beatstep (4.02). I have a 64 bit windows 10 laptop with I7 processors and 8gb of ram. Problem is that it doesn't work. I got this log:

Loading device INI files from C:\Users\minizzZ\AppData\Roaming\REAPER ...
Starting controller 'Arturia Beatstep - 4.02'
Midi not available.
javax.sound.midi.MidiUnavailableException: There is not enough memory available for this task. Quit one or more applications to increase available memory, and then try again.
at java.desktop/com.sun.media.sound.MidiOutDevice.nOpen(Native Method)
at java.desktop/com.sun.media.sound.MidiOutDevice.implOpen(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/com.sun.media.sound.AbstractMidiDevice.doOpen(Unkn own Source)
at java.desktop/com.sun.media.sound.AbstractMidiDevice.open(Unknow n Source)
at de.mossgrabers.reaper.framework.midi.MidiConnectio n.setOutput(MidiConnection.java:76)
at de.mossgrabers.reaper.framework.midi.MidiAccessImp l.createOutput(MidiAccessImpl.java:76)
at de.mossgrabers.reaper.framework.midi.MidiAccessImp l.createOutput(MidiAccessImpl.java:68)
at de.mossgrabers.controller.beatstep.BeatstepControl lerSetup.createSurface(BeatstepControllerSetup.jav a:175)

Initialized.
Unsupported Midi CC: 114

The last part is when I turn a know on my beatstep.

So there is not enough memory? Do you know a solution? I hope you can help me.

Kind regards,

Marinus

Last edited by minizzZ; 01-19-2019 at 03:05 PM.
minizzZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 01:20 AM   #269
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by minizzZ View Post
Hello Moss,

I have installed your Drivenbymoss on my laptop for use with reaper and my Beatstep (4.02). I have a 64 bit windows 10 laptop with I7 processors and 8gb of ram. Problem is that it doesn't work. I got this log:

Loading device INI files from C:\Users\minizzZ\AppData\Roaming\REAPER ...
Starting controller 'Arturia Beatstep - 4.02'
Midi not available.
javax.sound.midi.MidiUnavailableException: There is not enough memory available for this task. Quit one or more applications to increase available memory, and then try again.
That totally misleading error message normally happens when the midi device is already opened by another application.
Check if you disabled all Beatstep MIDI devices in Reaper and also check if you have no other application running, which might have grabbed the device.
Old 01-20-2019, 07:51 AM   #270
AndreIsidro

Hey moss!

So I finally managed to get this thing working without crashing but now I'm kinda lost. I know I'm being a pain in the ass, but what would you say is the best setup to make a Korg NanoKontrol 2 work? I've tried Mackie Control Universal, midi in and out set to NanoKontrol and profile set to Mackie MCU Pro. No luck The NanoKontrol2 doesn't respond.

Any ideas?
Old 01-20-2019, 08:09 AM   #271
moss

Quote:
Hey moss!

So I finally managed to get this thing working without crashing but now I'm kinda lost. I know I'm being a pain in the ass, but what would you say is the best setup to make a Korg NanoKontrol 2 work? I've tried Mackie Control Universal, midi in and out set to NanoKontrol and profile set to Mackie MCU Pro. No luck The NanoKontrol2 doesn't respond.

Any ideas?
Try the generic flexi. See this video (it's for Bitwig but the use with Reaper is the same): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4DkBlhR09g
Old 01-20-2019, 10:35 AM   #272
moss

I just released 5.01 - the I-love-Apple-edition!

http://www.mossgrabers.de/Software/Reaper/Reaper.html

It fixes the weird error -99 on Macos, argh wasted my weekend with this ****.
Old 01-20-2019, 02:00 PM   #273
AndreIsidro

Quote:
Try the generic flexi
So I've tried it with the nanokontrol set to sonar (it's supposed to be the best setting to use with reaper) and set to CC mode. I have my preferences set to enable+control in the midi input and enable in the midi output. I've chosen DrivenbyMoss, selected Generic Flexi, clicked on configuration. Now I'm supposed to choose CC and move any key in the controller right? It's not working Like it doesn't detect that I'm moving the controller...
Old 01-20-2019, 02:52 PM   #274
moss

Quote:
So I've tried it with the nanokontrol set to sonar (it's supposed to be the best setting to use with reaper) and set to CC mode. I have my preferences set to enable+control in the midi input and enable in the midi output. I've chosen DrivenbyMoss, selected Generic Flexi, clicked on configuration. Now I'm supposed to choose CC and move any key in the controller right? It's not working Like it doesn't detect that I'm moving the controller...
Uh yes, that's a bit weird: The midi ports are only opened when you close the dialog. So close it once and then reopen it again, then it should work.
Old 01-20-2019, 04:16 PM   #275
Vincent Sermonne
Petit manitou

Thank's a lot moss !!
Old 01-20-2019, 04:27 PM   #276
AndreIsidro

Quote:
Uh yes, that's a bit weird: The midi ports are only opened when you close the dialog. So close it once and then reopen it again, then it should work.
It doesn't :S

I don't really want to take up more of your time and I'm pretty much about to throw my NanoKontrol2 out the window (this thing is beyond useless) but if you happen to have any other ideas I should try...

Thanks for the patience btw
Old 01-21-2019, 06:57 AM   #277
minizzZ

Default Unsupported Midi, not enough memory

Hello, in post #269 you said that beatstep is used by another program. That isn't the fact. Tried it on another computer and it also doesn't work
minizzZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 04:41 PM   #278
machinesworking

Quote:
I just released 5.01 - the I-love-Apple-edition!

http://www.mossgrabers.de/Software/Reaper/Reaper.html

It fixes the weird error -99 on Macos, argh wasted my weekend with this ****.
That did it! Thank you so much!

Out of curiosity what was the issue? more security conflicts?

I have a friend who did QA for Apple hardware and software for almost 20 years, in some small way telling him gets back to the QA team, maybe gets some movement there... you never know right?
Old 01-22-2019, 02:02 AM   #279
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by minizzZ View Post
Hello, in post #269 you said that beatstep is used by another program. That isn't the fact. Tried it on another computer and it also doesn't work
That is the only explanation I know for that problem. Do you maybe have Chrome installed? See here: https://support.image-line.com/actio...gebase?ans=601
Old 01-22-2019, 02:11 AM   #280
moss

Quote:
That did it! Thank you so much!

Out of curiosity what was the issue? more security conflicts?

I have a friend who did QA for Apple hardware and software for almost 20 years, in some small way telling him gets back to the QA team, maybe gets some movement there... you never know right?
That is difficult to explain. The Apple USB API uses "interfaces" with a version number. Depending on the version number new functions are added. When you want to access the API interface you can specify an exact number (but don't have to). The latest XCode compiler now assumes always the latest one, which means it works only on Mojawe. See here for a longish discussion about the problem: https://github.com/libusb/libusb/issues/519