Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 11-16-2018, 11:47 AM   #1
signaturetone
Human being with feelings

Default Using audio signal to modulate video parameters not working

Heya, long time user first time forum-er. So I've been diving into the video stuff and the possibilities seem pretty amazing. The only thing I've been hung up on so far is using an audio track (say a kick drum) to modulate a video parameter (like changing color or what have you). When I route audio to the parameter window and select "audio control signal/sidechain it doesn't show up on the meter - both using the track audio 1/2 or routed audio 3/4 fail to register. BUT when you select LFO or MIDI as the trigger, then suddenly I can see audio like you should when you select audio control signal, but none of the parameters work as it's looking for either the LFO or MIDI. These do work to affect the selected parameter so you can definitely...kinda do what I'm looking for

Super confusing to explain and a really weird bug, but I can see the potential for doing video FX that interact with the music as being a really cool tool in the toolbox. Any thoughts or fixes would be appreciated and please let me know how I can clarify the question if it's confusing like it seems it is to me

-adam
signaturetone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 12:56 PM   #2
Mordi

Currently, there is actually no way to send audio-information to the video processor in real-time. However, this feature might become available from version 5.97.

Check out a pre-release here: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=212790
Mordi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 01:32 PM   #3
signaturetone

Good to know I'm not just missing something, and even better to know that it might be in the pipleline! Thanks for the fast reply, I'll check it out.
signaturetone is offline   Reply With Quote