Old 03-10-2016, 11:56 AM   #1
Kenny Gioia
Human being with feelings
 
Kenny Gioia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,252
Default Video Tutorials by Kenny Gioia

Just a reminder that all of my REAPER videos are posted up here now. At the top of the forum.



Check back on a regular basis as I'll be adding them throughout the month.

Or sign up to get a notification brief email as I release each new video.

Sign Up Here

Thanks for your support.

Kenny
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Right Here.jpg (20.9 KB, 5850 views)

Last edited by Kenny Gioia; 01-29-2017 at 10:55 AM.
Kenny Gioia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 08:38 AM   #2
JHughes
Human being with feelings
 
JHughes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Too close to Charlotte, NC
Posts: 3,212
Default

Excellent, thanks Kenny and Cockos. I hope they threw some compensation your way man!
__________________
You can only Reverse, Switch, Invert or Flip POLARITY, not "PHASE".
JHughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 04:51 AM   #3
Maxell
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bayern
Posts: 39
Default

Thank you so much for the Videos :-)
Maxell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 03:33 PM   #4
maleako
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 34
Default

Yes, thank you, I've watched them all, and bought Reaper because of them.

You're amazing!
maleako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 05:40 PM   #5
frippouille
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 97
Default

Very usefull,very informative
Thank's.
frippouille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 03:50 AM   #6
ReaperBoy
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 93
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Gioia View Post
Just a reminder that all of my REAPER videos are posted up here now. At the top of the forum.

Thanks for your support.

Kenny
Outstanding tuition Kenny, thank you so much. You made a serious contribution to my learning experience. To anyone else trying to learn Reaper, check out these vids. For me the tuition style is the clearest I have found, and there are some great courses on his site. I bought the mixing one and will put a review u soon.

Appreciation to all you guys who make this forum great.
ReaperBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 08:20 AM   #7
Kenny Gioia
Human being with feelings
 
Kenny Gioia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,252
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperBoy View Post
Outstanding tuition Kenny, thank you so much. You made a serious contribution to my learning experience. To anyone else trying to learn Reaper, check out these vids. For me the tuition style is the clearest I have found, and there are some great courses on his site. I bought the mixing one and will put a review u soon.

Appreciation to all you guys who make this forum great.
Thank you
Kenny Gioia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 08:23 AM   #8
Jason Brian Merrill
Human being with feelings
 
Jason Brian Merrill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Northeastern PA, USA
Posts: 20,472
Default

Have I told
__________________
Beliefs do not require respect. People do.
Jason Brian Merrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 08:38 AM   #9
Jason Brian Merrill
Human being with feelings
 
Jason Brian Merrill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Northeastern PA, USA
Posts: 20,472
Default

You Lately
__________________
Beliefs do not require respect. People do.
Jason Brian Merrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 11:46 AM   #10
Tonemandan
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 30
Default

Kenny your tutorials are OUTSTANDING! This newbie needs all the help he can get. Have you done one on fixing time/ groove issues in a song yet? I'm trying to work through tempo mapping 101 and I just downloaded SWS extension but I'm having trouble wading through it all.

Thanks for all that you do!!
Tonemandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 03:22 AM   #11
G-Sun
Human being with feelings
 
G-Sun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Norway
Posts: 6,867
Default

btw Kenny:
You're videos are imo really good, detailed and well explained.
And I feel Reaper has taken a step up in newbie/user-friendliness with your video-tutorials.

One thing.
This graphic are a little substandard for your other work
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Gioia View Post
__________________
Reaper x64, win 8.1
G-Sun.no - Music Blog - My music
G-Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 03:51 AM   #12
vanhaze
Human being with feelings
 
vanhaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 4,321
Default

LOL !

Indeed ; way better ; Kenny's vids deserve it !
vanhaze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 05:57 PM   #13
FrankDee
Human being with feelings
 
FrankDee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: The US Left Coast
Posts: 35
Default Outstanding Videos !!!

Thanks much for making these available !!!

BTW... Is there a good way to post questions about the videos?
__________________
The first 90% of a project takes 10% of the time. Some projects never get finished..
FrankDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 06:28 PM   #14
Kenny Gioia
Human being with feelings
 
Kenny Gioia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,252
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankDee View Post
Thanks much for making these available !!!

BTW... Is there a good way to post questions about the videos?
You can do it here.

I think Kenny is following this thread.
Kenny Gioia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 08:48 AM   #15
Pet
Human being with feelings
 
Pet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Germany
Posts: 971
Default




Last edited by Pet; 05-28-2016 at 09:17 AM.
Pet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 05:03 PM   #16
panicaftermath
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 260
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pet View Post


Me too. Thanks, Kenny.
panicaftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 04:39 PM   #17
FrankDee
Human being with feelings
 
FrankDee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: The US Left Coast
Posts: 35
Default OK then..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Gioia View Post
You can do it here.

I think Kenny is following this thread.

Did you edit Reaper confirmation dialog boxes out of the videos?
__________________
The first 90% of a project takes 10% of the time. Some projects never get finished..
FrankDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 08:25 AM   #18
Kenny Gioia
Human being with feelings
 
Kenny Gioia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,252
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankDee View Post
Did you edit Reaper confirmation dialog boxes out of the videos?
Sometimes I do if it doesn't seem important or it's redundant.
Kenny Gioia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 12:57 AM   #19
G-Sun
Human being with feelings
 
G-Sun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Norway
Posts: 6,867
Default

REQ: Colors in Reaper
Themes, Track, Item, takes..
__________________
Reaper x64, win 8.1
G-Sun.no - Music Blog - My music
G-Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 10:07 AM   #20
markgalup
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 18
Default

Thanks for the wonderful videos, Kenny!

Is there a video for track freeze/render best practices?


Best,
MG
__________________
Mark Galup
Producer/Engineer/Mixer/Mastering Engineer
http://www.ReelRecording.com
markgalup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 04:17 PM   #21
Kenny Gioia
Human being with feelings
 
Kenny Gioia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,252
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by markgalup View Post
Thanks for the wonderful videos, Kenny!

Is there a video for track freeze/render best practices?


Best,
MG
Looking through I don't see one. Damn.

Give me a few days. Thanks
Kenny Gioia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 07:14 PM   #22
markgalup
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Gioia View Post
Looking through I don't see one. Damn.

Give me a few days. Thanks
I (and probably others) appreciate it very much, Kenny. I'm currently switching from PT12 to Reaper on mac and I do a lot of intense mixing, so this will be extremely helpful.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!


MG
__________________
Mark Galup
Producer/Engineer/Mixer/Mastering Engineer
http://www.ReelRecording.com
markgalup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 03:46 AM   #23
Brado231
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Oz
Posts: 195
Default

Thanks for the great new videos once again Kenny!
Brado231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 08:21 AM   #24
Tod
Human being with feelings
 
Tod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Just outside of Glacier National Park
Posts: 11,668
Default

Hi Kenny, I see you changed the video listing?

It's just fine, but I thought it was real nice the way you had the videos categorized. It was a big help in finding particular videos, not only for myself, but also when looking for a video to help others out.

I've learned many Reaper things from your videos.
__________________
Kontakt Vid Tutorials->Create Outputs / Create Templates -|- SMDrums Free drums -|- Elk Video Productions -|- Tod's Music
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 04:51 AM   #25
europa_man
Human being with feelings
 
europa_man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Musquodoboit Harbour, Nova Scotia
Posts: 262
Default Multi Channel Routing & Midi Tracks - Reaper 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by markgalup View Post
Thanks for the wonderful videos, Kenny!

Is there a video for track freeze/render best practices?


Best,
MG
This video by Kenny really helped me with freezing techniques, midi & VSTs.
I now use it all the time.
Thank you Kenny!

Eric
europa_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 11:33 PM   #26
andycamb
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1
Default Hail King Kenny

Just like to say thanks Kenny... As an oldie in my 60s battling with the newfangled technology. (Most of my stuff is ancient analogue gear.) Your tutorials have been invaluable and excellent... Long may you reign...
By the way is there another way to set all of selected midi notes to the same value other than by highlighting them all and dragging them to maximum volume, then lowering them again? If there is that would be handy.
andycamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 12:01 AM   #27
trevlyns
Human being with feelings
 
trevlyns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 1,640
Default

You'd have to select them first - obviously; but then just hit Ctrl+F2 to bring up this dialog box.

__________________
The One Man Grandad Band

My music is here

Last edited by trevlyns; 02-02-2017 at 05:34 AM.
trevlyns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 01:29 AM   #28
azimuth
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: The place that's round on the ends and high in the middle
Posts: 160
Default

Quote:
Not your fault obviously, not everyone is born an asset to this community, but maybe sharing your opinion is not for you.


HAHAHAHAHHA!!!!!!!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: gif rjslaps.gif (59.2 KB, 625 views)
azimuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 10:49 PM   #29
Strangebrew66
Human being with feelings
 
Strangebrew66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 2
Default King Kenny

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank Kenny for his hard work in producing, for me, perfect tutorials. I wouldn't change a thing.

I purchased Reaper this year and, though I don't get much time to really dig into it, I've watched many of his videos. Sometimes, I'll watch one in a spare moment, purely because they're always informative and I love the presentation. I always learn something new and he's become a beacon to many, without doubt.
As I searched for a Daw, Reaper kept coming up. From a certain point, I knew this was the one for me. From Justin, through all the folk who have poured their hearts into making Reaper what it is, I'm sure that it's the closest thing to a labour of love that you'll find. I love it, too. My method is about familiarising myself with Reaper, bit by bit. I haven't touched the tip of what's possible, within the Reaper environment but am still excited about what I've learned already.
There are others that I haven't mentioned but that seem to have the same love for Reaper. I've scanned the forums before and seen pretty much the same thing... A community who want to solve others' problems. So satisfying to be a part of it all.
Since this was about "King" Kenny (Apologies, if the title is unwanted, Mr.G!) I'll end by saying that the tutorials, like Reaper itself, far exceed anything I ever imagined. So, thank you to you, Kenny. You're invaluable to me and many others. Keep up the excellent work! It's greatly appreciated. And thank you to everybody else who've helped others through various problems... It helped me, too. I made the right choice with Reaper.
Strangebrew66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 12:22 AM   #30
Kenny Gioia
Human being with feelings
 
Kenny Gioia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,252
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strangebrew66 View Post
I wanted to take this opportunity to thank Kenny for his hard work in producing, for me, perfect tutorials. I wouldn't change a thing.

I purchased Reaper this year and, though I don't get much time to really dig into it, I've watched many of his videos. Sometimes, I'll watch one in a spare moment, purely because they're always informative and I love the presentation. I always learn something new and he's become a beacon to many, without doubt.
As I searched for a Daw, Reaper kept coming up. From a certain point, I knew this was the one for me. From Justin, through all the folk who have poured their hearts into making Reaper what it is, I'm sure that it's the closest thing to a labour of love that you'll find. I love it, too. My method is about familiarising myself with Reaper, bit by bit. I haven't touched the tip of what's possible, within the Reaper environment but am still excited about what I've learned already.
There are others that I haven't mentioned but that seem to have the same love for Reaper. I've scanned the forums before and seen pretty much the same thing... A community who want to solve others' problems. So satisfying to be a part of it all.
Since this was about "King" Kenny (Apologies, if the title is unwanted, Mr.G!) I'll end by saying that the tutorials, like Reaper itself, far exceed anything I ever imagined. So, thank you to you, Kenny. You're invaluable to me and many others. Keep up the excellent work! It's greatly appreciated. And thank you to everybody else who've helped others through various problems... It helped me, too. I made the right choice with Reaper.
Thank you. It means a lot.

King Kenny.
Kenny Gioia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 03:25 AM   #31
StratMcBadlyHandle
Human being with feelings
 
StratMcBadlyHandle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: stratland
Posts: 6
Default Thanks so much!

One of the reasons I bought Reaper was its wealth of documentation and Kenny's excellent video lessons. Really appreciate the the work that has been put into those videos. Hat's off to you, man and thanks again.

May your life be filled with happy surprises!
__________________
Lockin' tuners... mmm :)
StratMcBadlyHandle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 03:43 AM   #32
G-Sun
Human being with feelings
 
G-Sun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Norway
Posts: 6,867
Default

Kenny,
watching you videos, I always learn a lot.
And it strikes me,
I guess few know Reaper as well as you do.
It would be interesting to see how you personal workspace and workflow is.
Both in Reaper and Studio as a whole.
Or, maybe you've done a video about that?
__________________
Reaper x64, win 8.1
G-Sun.no - Music Blog - My music

Last edited by G-Sun; 01-10-2017 at 06:50 AM.
G-Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 05:51 AM   #33
trevlyns
Human being with feelings
 
trevlyns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 1,640
Default

+1 for G-Sun! Studio tour please
__________________
The One Man Grandad Band

My music is here
trevlyns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 07:42 AM   #34
Kenny Gioia
Human being with feelings
 
Kenny Gioia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,252
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Sun View Post
Kenny,
watching you videos, I always learn a lot.
And it strikes me,
I guess few know Reaper as well as you do.
Not really. I still research a lot before making a video and sometimes that means watching my own videos.

Quote:
It would be interesting to see how you personal workspace and workflow is.
Both in Reaper and Studio as a whole.
Or, maybe you've done a video about that?
You can get an idea of Mixing workflow in this tutorial:

http://www.kennymania.com/product/mi...el_time-vol_1/

Thanks
Kenny Gioia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 09:25 AM   #35
G-Sun
Human being with feelings
 
G-Sun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Norway
Posts: 6,867
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Gioia View Post
I still research a lot before making a video and sometimes that means watching my own videos.
Well, you're doing good research then
Quote:
You can get an idea of Mixing workflow in this tutorial:

http://www.kennymania.com/product/mi...el_time-vol_1/
Thanks!
I have problems founding fresh strings at the moment,
so, can't really afford it to have a peak.
But, no offense, you do excellent videos and deserves payment for your good work.
__________________
Reaper x64, win 8.1
G-Sun.no - Music Blog - My music
G-Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 11:59 AM   #36
tgraph
Human being with feelings
 
tgraph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Silver City, NM
Posts: 463
Default a video request

Hi Kenny, I've got a lot of good information from your videos and appreciate the time you put into doing them.

I would like to see one on using reference tracks... easy ways to set them up, to match volumes, track routing ideas... how to set them up for useful work.

Thanks.
tgraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 09:18 AM   #37
Srender
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Gioia View Post
Not really. I still research a lot before making a video and sometimes that means watching my own videos.



You can get an idea of Mixing workflow in this tutorial:

http://www.kennymania.com/product/mi...el_time-vol_1/

Thanks
Bought Mixing in Reel Time. It's 8-hours of looking over Kenny's shoulder watching every move he makes in his workflow. I'm 45 minutes into it (following along myself in Reaper), and I already have more than my money's worth. Highly recommended.
Srender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 02:29 AM   #38
tovokas
Human being with feelings
 
tovokas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Washington State, USA
Posts: 34
Default Thank you!

I worked extensively in Reaper 3 back in the day, but for the last couple years have been working in other DAWs. I recently purchased a midi controller that is well integrated with Reaper however, and decided it was a good time to catch up on what has changed between then and Reaper 5...

I'm so happy I found your videos! They are professional, comprehensive, and most importantly, filled with amazingly valuable information explained in the most straight forward manner. Thank you for providing such a wonderful resource: your videos should be every new (or returning) user's first stop in getting a good handle on this incredibly powerful daw.
tovokas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 07:42 AM   #39
Kenny Gioia
Human being with feelings
 
Kenny Gioia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,252
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratMcBadlyHandle View Post
One of the reasons I bought Reaper was its wealth of documentation and Kenny's excellent video lessons. Really appreciate the the work that has been put into those videos. Hat's off to you, man and thanks again.

May your life be filled with happy surprises!
Thank you.
Kenny Gioia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 03:41 PM   #40
easton1
Human being with feelings
 
easton1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 16
Default Troubleshooting...

Kenny, your videos are great. But Reaper is a little like trying to learn to read and write with Chinese characters. There are some 6000 of them, each of which has a different meaning and function within different contexts.OF course once you learn them all, you're a Son of Heaven or Master of the Universe, or whatever passes for either these days.

I'm a newbie with Reaper and having a hell of a time-an old dog trying to learn all these new tricks so I can get on with turning all my previously published novels into audiobooks.

I'm findng it's real easy to mess up a vital project file, and if one sets Reaper to open on the last project, Reaper cannot open. Is there any way to hold down a key to open the program to it's defaults? Because then it would be easy to fix once one has access to the program. Uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't reset any config files already on the hard drive. The Cockos webmaster responded to that question with some vague instructions which I haven't been able to implement and I'm at my wit's end about what to do so I can get back to work on my different projects.
easton1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.