Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 03-25-2010, 10:28 AM   #1
fester2000
Human being with feelings

Default Transport bar time/beats errors (SOLVED)

Running Reaper on an old XP box often will show radically weird values in the transport bar time and beat indicator -- negative numbers, numbers 9 or 10 minutes ahead, all sorts of weirdness. Usually corresponds with the indicator line disappearing.

Only happens on my XP box, not my Vista laptop. Weird.

Anyone else seeing this?

Cheers,

Fester2k
fester2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 04:54 PM   #2
Ollie
Super Moderator (no feelings)

Many people here are using XP, that's certainly not the culprit. I recall very vaguely that I've seen something similar once, I think it was when testing an early alpha version of a plugin. So that would be the first clue for you - what plugins are you running, any SynthEdit based ones amongst them? List them or just upload/attach the .RPP file (sans media) of a project that shows this behavior.

Secondly, have you tried resetting your Reaper.ini already? Run 'Start Menu->Programs->Reaper->Reaper (reset configuration data to factory defaults)' to do that, or move Reaper.ini to a safe place, Reaper will create a new one and if that doesn't help, you can move the old one back.
Ollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 03:30 PM   #3
fester2000
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steindork View Post
Many people here are using XP, that's certainly not the culprit. I recall very vaguely that I've seen something similar once, I think it was when testing an early alpha version of a plugin. So that would be the first clue for you - what plugins are you running, any SynthEdit based ones amongst them? List them or just upload/attach the .RPP file (sans media) of a project that shows this behavior.
Cheers, Steindork -- I think I've determined that it is a plugin issue after all. I disabled all the plugs by unchecking the boxes, and I still got the error. I disabled them in each track by clicking the fx disable button and still got the error. I then concluded that it must not be a plug problem.

Aye, but it is a plug problem -- when I literally removed all the plugs from the project entirely (deleted them), the problem went away. Must be one of the T-Racks plugs (I'm guessing the linear phase eq) since it clearly intentionally adds latency so I can do whatever it needs to do with the phasing of the eq).

Ok, so thanks for the help. If/when I isolate the plug, I'll post again and maybe there's a way to fix it, I dunno.

Cheers,

Fester2k
fester2000 is offline   Reply With Quote