CONFEDERATED FORUMS
Cockos : REAPER : NINJAM : Forums
Forum Home : Register : FAQ : Members List : Search :
Old 02-25-2017, 09:51 AM   #1
Tunca
Human being with feelings

Default AU validation

I have issue about audio units.

Building is okay.No issue.Validated in Logic.I can see my audio units in Reaper and Logic.But my friends can't see.For example i have 5 different EQs.One of my friends can't see any AU.Other one see some AU only.And others can't see all AU in Logic.

They getting this error:

"could not be opened"

and

"While verifying Audio Unit compatibility, Logic Pro X encountered 1 Audio Unit plug-in(s) which did not pass the Apple AU validation. These plug-ins have been excluded from further usage in Logic Pro X to prevent possible problems or crashes. You can start the Plug-In Manager now to review the validation results or continue the startup process."

Any idea?

Thanks.
Tunca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 02:44 AM   #2
Tunca

It's really strange issue.

For example i have 5 eq.NVQ,NVTQ,PEQ,TEQ and SEQ.

Someone sees PEQ,NVQ and NVTQ.

Other one sees SEQ,NVQ and TEQ.

And another one sees only PEQ.

I can see all AUs.

What causes this?
Old 02-26-2017, 07:07 AM   #3
Tunca

By the way auval sees my AUs.
Old 02-26-2017, 07:39 AM   #4
JD Young

Hi Tunca,

I’m by no means an expert on this, but I have had similar issues in the past caused by the following reasons:

- AU not validated when I had two GUI controls linked to the same parameter. I had to explicitly call ‘false’ as in SetDirty(false), in one of the GUI elements, instead of just SetDirty(), which has ‘true’ as default argument. (The AU plug-in worked fine initially in Reaper, but not in Logic. It didn’t validate though, because of some seemingly unrelated parameter inconsistency. It did successfully validate after my fix)

- I had some bundle ID issues, when the ID’s didn’t match in recource.h and the plist files.

- If you get inconsistent results over different systems, it’s possible your AU got blacklisted by the host after giving an error during load. (It could be another problem in combination with this as well.) It’s usually not very difficult to find the actual ‘blacklist’ in a host.

Not sure if this is any help, but it might give you some clues...

Cheers! JD
JD Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 08:00 AM   #5
Tunca

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Young View Post
Hi Tunca,

I’m by no means an expert on this, but I have had similar issues in the past caused by the following reasons:

- AU not validated when I had two GUI controls linked to the same parameter. I had to explicitly call ‘false’ as in SetDirty(false), in one of the GUI elements, instead of just SetDirty(), which has ‘true’ as default argument. (The AU plug-in worked fine initially in Reaper, but not in Logic. It didn’t validate though, because of some seemingly unrelated parameter inconsistency. It did successfully validate after my fix)

- I had some bundle ID issues, when the ID’s didn’t match in recource.h and the plist files.

- If you get inconsistent results over different systems, it’s possible your AU got blacklisted by the host after giving an error during load. (It could be another problem in combination with this as well.) It’s usually not very difficult to find the actual ‘blacklist’ in a host.

Not sure if this is any help, but it might give you some clues...

Cheers! JD
Thanks for reply!

My plugins have no linked parameter or GUI.I saw this issue in forum and tried but still same.

I checked resource.h and info.plist but there is no difference.

I have trouble with Logic.Reaper can see AUs but no luck with Logic.Other people see some of them with different systems...

Almost i tried everything but...
Old 02-26-2017, 10:46 AM   #6
gstuff

Run "Reset & Rescan Selection" in Logic Pro X and you'll get a window come up with a long list of test data. Go through it and see where your AU is failing. You can also run auval in the Terminal, substituting your plugin values:
Code:
auval -v 'aufx' 'bpas' 'appl'
gstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 11:02 AM   #7
Tunca

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstuff View Post
Run "Reset & Rescan Selection" in Logic Pro X and you'll get a window come up with a long list of test data. Go through it and see where your AU is failing. You can also run auval in the Terminal, substituting your plugin values:
Code:
auval -v 'aufx' 'bpas' 'appl'
Thanks for reply.

I tried "Reset & Rescan Selection" and auval.All AUs validated.I can see all AUs with my Logic.

But other people can't see with their Logic.