Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-05-2009, 01:25 AM   #1
nicholas
Scribe

Default Announcing: Home Recording for Beginners

I'm pleased to be able to announce the publication of my new book Home Recording for Beginners.

This is designed specifically to meet the needs of the complete (or almost complete) novice to both digital recording and REAPER. The attached link will give you a PDF file which explains its content and design in detail:

http://www.cockos.com/~glazfolk/HR.pdf

If you're an experienced, intermediate level user or above then this is NOT the book for you - you'll almost certainly find it too basic. Not trying to put anybody off, but I'd hate anyone to fork out their money with false expectations.

In brief, it helps the new user understand just about everything they need to know to get started, including a 30 day introductory crash course using REAPER, with step by step exercises and sample files. At the end of this course, you certainly won't know everything you'll ever need to know but you will know enough to progress with confidence, and to identify those areas you will need to focus on.

The book also explains about different equipment, what you need, what you don't need as well as a guide to setting up your home studio.

Some reading this will know the dramas and grief I have had with LULU. For this reason, I'm pleased to say that Course Technology are publishing this. The main downside is that there's no downloadable PDF, hard copy only. The up side is that you can get it at real world and on-line bookstores anywhere - Google the book title (in quotes) together with the name francis (not in quotes) and you'll see what I mean. RRP is about $35 but don't expect to pay more than $25 to $27 if purchasing on-line.

I'm hoping that as well as helping some of the newer users, this book will also really help to promote Reaper to a huge audience outside the existing community. If you've got any questions about it, it's better t post them here rather than to PM me ... my message box is always getting full.

On edit: Regrettably since Cengage went int administration the book publishing side of their business has been run down. This and many other titles are no longer available. However, you might be able to pick up a second hand copy somewhere like Abe Books:

https://www.abebooks.com/servlet/Boo...srp1-_-title27

Last edited by nicholas; 07-23-2019 at 03:56 PM. Reason: Update info
nicholas is offline   Reply With Quote