Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for macOS

Old 12-17-2019, 10:46 AM   #1
rick.lang
Human being with feelings

Default Looking for help with Audinate Dante Controller which resolves to illegal IP address

I have posted this to Audinate, but was hoping someone here may have had a similar problem with Dante Controller generating an illegal IP address 127.0.0.1. Any assistance appreciated buy hoping for an answer within 6 hours for this theatre recording project using Allen+Heath DLive Soundboard and Dante 64x64 via CAT6 to my MacBook Pro 13” 2018 laptop. I’m using Reaper (trial) as my DAW to receive audio from 32x32 channels.

“I’m running on macOS 10.15 Catalina trying to connect to Allen+Heath DLive Soundboard via Dante 64x64 device.

Dante Controller resolves my computer to IP 127.0.0.1 which is an illegal IP address so it will not complete a connection of my computer to the Dante 64x64. I have no idea where it gets this illegal address and why DC reolves to that address.

I’ve read through official suggestions, and tried to correct this, but I can’t manually define an illegal address for my ethernet connection on my computer. A corrective example you use is a resolved address of 11.12.13.14 but mine is 127.0.0.1 so I’m stuck.

My Allen+Heath DLive Dante 64x64 has an IP address 169.246.133.229.
If I plug in the ethernet CAT6 cable from the Dante 64x64 and if I define my computer IP address outside the 169.246.*.*range (for example to 69.246.133.200), i get a Green connection showing on my computer Network but my computer isn’t recognized by DC.

If I use a proper 169.246.133.* IP address, my computer network is Yellow indicating a problem and DC shows my device as Red. not Black.

Suggested corrections that include the Device View of the compiuter using the Network tab don’t work since my device is RED and you only see all those tabs in Device View when the device is Black!

It’s after 9:30 am PST and I need an answer in 6 hours before I try for the last time. I’ve spent two days trying all kinds of combinations with Shared Network selected or not selected and been unable to have my computer show Black. If I can’t solve this, I’ll have to abandon the attempt for this current project, although I could apply a fix to the next project.

Thanks for your prompt attention!
Rick"

Last edited by rick.lang; 12-17-2019 at 10:51 AM.
rick.lang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 02:40 PM   #2
rick.lang
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick.lang View Post
I have posted this to Audinate, but was hoping someone here may have had a similar problem with Dante Controller generating an illegal IP address 127.0.0.1. Any assistance appreciated buy hoping for an answer within 6 hours for this theatre recording project using Allen+Heath DLive Soundboard and Dante 64x64 via CAT6 to my MacBook Pro 13” 2018 laptop. I’m using Reaper (trial) as my DAW to receive audio from 32x32 channels.

“I’m running on macOS 10.15 Catalina trying to connect to Allen+Heath DLive Soundboard via Dante 64x64 device.

Dante Controller resolves my computer to IP 127.0.0.1 which is an illegal IP address so it will not complete a connection of my computer to the Dante 64x64. I have no idea where it gets this illegal address and why DC resolves to that address.
I received an answer from Audinate. The problem is due to the lack of support in Dante Controller for macOS Catalina 10.15. Dante Virtual Soundcard runs in macOS Catalina though. So I am going to borrow an older MacBook Pro running Mojave. And then I need to get an older copy of the Dante Virtual Soundcard so both run under Mojave.
rick.lang is offline   Reply With Quote