Old 09-25-2018, 05:29 PM   #1
Glennbo
Human being with feelings

Default LinVST Error Message

Not a huge deal, but I see the following error on several of my LinVST bridged Windows plugins when REAPER scans for new VST/VSTi plugins.

"ProcessReplacing Not Supported"

The one plugin I wish did work is the Leslie from Native Instruments B4 organ. It throws the error and then doesn't show up in REAPER.

The VSTi B4 Organ does show up and works fine, but the VST Leslie only part, which you can use on other instruments like guitars, does not.
Glennbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 03:40 AM   #2
osxmidi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennbo View Post
Not a huge deal, but I see the following error on several of my LinVST bridged Windows plugins when REAPER scans for new VST/VSTi plugins.

"ProcessReplacing Not Supported"

The one plugin I wish did work is the Leslie from Native Instruments B4 organ. It throws the error and then doesn't show up in REAPER.

The VSTi B4 Organ does show up and works fine, but the VST Leslie only part, which you can use on other instruments like guitars, does not.
The plugin needs to support ProcessReplacing to work.
osxmidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 07:16 AM   #3
Glennbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by osxmidi View Post
The plugin needs to support ProcessReplacing to work.
Ahh well, there was only one plugin that I had any hope for. The Hammond B3/Lesilie combo from Native Instruments shows up as both a VSTi instrument and a VST audio effect, and it's only the audio effect part that doesn't do ProcessReplacing and fails.

I could always boot Windows and freeze a Leslie onto a guitar if I really wanted that effect bad enough. Thanks for the reply.
Old 09-27-2018, 10:13 AM   #4
dug dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennbo View Post
Ahh well, there was only one plugin that I had any hope for.
I know you don't use it that much anymore but have you tried to get Superior Drummer working? (Someone, somewhere said that they got it working with WINE but I assume that was in stand alone mode and not as a VSTi.)
dug dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 12:05 PM   #5
Glennbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dug dog View Post
I know you don't use it that much anymore but have you tried to get Superior Drummer working? (Someone, somewhere said that they got it working with WINE but I assume that was in stand alone mode and not as a VSTi.)
I have not tried to install Superior Drummer, but I am very confident that it would install and work fine with LinVST.

I uninstalled EZ-Drummer in Windows when I upgraded to Superior, so I installed EZ-Drummer in Linux since it's license was inactive.

Both EZ-Drummer and the expansion Drumkit From Hell installed without any issues, and EZ-Drummer activated online without any problems too.

My kid installed EZ-Keys on his Arch Linux setup and it activated as with no issues well, so I'm pretty confident that Superior Drummer would behave the same as the other Toontrack products.