Old 11-22-2017, 06:38 AM   #1
hypergeanu
Human being with feelings

Default Samson MF8 via Klinke MCU

Hello,

I'm trying to setup a "comfy" working flow with the SAMSON MF8 controller which uses the MCU protocol out of the box (I use Klinke MCU in Reaper) and I've encountered an issue which seems a bit unclear, which I'll try to explain:

The controller has five presets, of which the first one is the actual MCU emulation and the rest are user-editable. Only the MCU mode seems to trigger the controller lighting feedback (mute/solo buttons being lit up, etc) and that's a pretty valuable thing to have, especially for projects with a lot of tracks, where moving up and down in 8 track increments, to use the controller's track faders is a frequent operation. What I'd like to do here is to customize the F1-F5 buttons that I have on the controller, to perform other operations than the MCU's builtin marker actions, however I cannot use the Action assignment feature, because the controller is not registered as a MIDI device (it's set as input/output in the MCU settings) and I don't receive MIDI CC's from it. So is there any way that I can accomplish that with the MCU?

If not, would it mean that I have to resort to setting up the controller as a MIDI input/control/output device and drop it from the MCU configuration, so that I can basically use the Action assignment mapping (via MIDI CC's)? Is there any way to maintain the actual "MCU emulation" including the lighting by going this route?

Thanks!
hypergeanu is offline   Reply With Quote