Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 12-16-2017, 03:46 AM   #1
Qurutin
Human being with feelings

Default Several midi-inputs for a single channel?

I'm having a bit of a problem with my midi-setup. Is there a way to merge two different midi-inputs from two different devices to a single input on a single channel? I've tried to make two different tracks that take these inputs I want and to send them through bus channel to the target VSTi, but no luck so far.

What I'm trying to accomplish is Arturia Beatstep Pro sending note data to a Reaktor 6 and at the same time make Akai Midimix to send Midi CC data to the same channel to control the parameters on the synth. As far as I know there is no way to set up two different midi inputs on a single channel, so some kind of routing is needed, but how should I do it so the VSTi would see all the input from these two different devices on a single midi channel?
Qurutin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 01:05 PM   #2
mschnell

Search the User Guide for Midi Routing. Reaper is very versatile regarding such.

-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 06:53 PM   #3
hopi

sounds very possible to me....

one target vsti track and two other tracks, each one with it's own midi device sending to the vsti, and each of those two tracks set to send MIDI: All to 1

now the thing will be to make sure in Pref's that both your midi devices are enabled and likely also enabled for control ... dbl check that
Old 12-17-2017, 12:16 PM   #4
TonE

vsti into parent, then add as many child tracks as you want, getting their inputs from various places. This is the most powerful way.
TonE is offline   Reply With Quote