Old 08-15-2009, 05:47 AM   #1
jhale1966
Human being with feelings

Default Zoom R16

Well, I went ahead and took the plunge and ordered one of the new Zoom R16 Recorder/Controller/Mixer units. I see in the manual that the Control Surface is Mackie compatible.

Does anyone else already have one of these units and playing around with it? Are there any gotchas I need to keep an eye for?

Thanks!
jhale1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 01:57 PM   #2
Doodad
Human being with feelings

Default New ZOOM R16

Jim,

I am extremely new to recording (just trying to get started) and did not have any idea what equipment to buy. Until last Thursday all I had was my laptop. While checking out the REAPER forum I saw discussion about the ZOOM R16. I was interested since it seem to be an all-in-one type of device. Well I got one last Thursday. On Saturday I recorded on it in staned alone mode. I spent the rest of the day trying to get it set up to operate as interface and control surface.

This morning I called SamsonTech and was able to speak with a technician who is somewhat familiar with REAPER. He walked me through the setup and now everything seems to be working as designed. YIPPEEEE!!!!! Come to find out there was a couple issues I overlooked but THEY WERE NOT MENTIONED IN THE MANUAL. Since I am an infant in trying to use any of this stuff I didn't know where to look in REAPER. Since then I actually recorded two tracks directly into REAPER by using the R16 as interface/control surface.

Though I would pass this along about calling Samson. They were very helpful.
Doodad is offline   Reply With Quote