Old 04-25-2017, 01:21 PM   #1
funkydrummer1966
Human being with feelings

Default installing waves plugins

I am having trouble getting waves plugins to install. after following the waves instructions, I click clear cache/rescan I get a window that says locate waves 9.91 plugin folder. when click open after finding the folder, the window just re-appears. nothing is installed. this is driving me crazy!!! I am running Sierra on a Mac. the people from waves tell me I should have to do anything, Reaper should find the folder and install.
funkydrummer1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 02:17 PM   #2
ivansc

Did you download and use Waves Central?
Old 04-29-2017, 01:14 PM   #3
Lucian

I just updated waves central and now have the same problem. Following waves instructions for this symptom which is to copy the waves audio folder to the desktop and then open a NEW session and point to the desktop folder, works but only for new sessions. If I open sessions I was working on before the update, I get prompted over and over again. Waves does have a reaper specific post but it just says to clear cache and rescan which I did but just got another folder prompt when finally getting to the waves plugins during scan.

1) copied the folder to the desktop, opened new session, pointed folder, all seems well. Can't open older sessions with waves in them.

2)Rebooted, clear cahche/Rescan, still get prompt for folder.

Any ideas?

Solved: Even tho I had the right paths in the scan list, last time I had problems, I copied the waves 9.6 dll directly into the VST folder. I removed those and success

Last edited by Lucian; 04-29-2017 at 02:29 PM.
Lucian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 01:42 PM   #4
tomrip

did anyone get this working?
tomrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 04:12 PM   #5
L_Grizzle

I've got like 9 Waves plug-ins, and it's been a tedious process getting each and every one of them to work (I wish they would stop having sales so I would quit being tempted to buy more...).

Consult this page in case you haven't: https://www.waves.com/support/how-to...gins-in-reaper

I've found that it magically works after going into the Waves plugin folder to verify it's been installed:

Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves\Plug-Ins V9
Mac: System HD > Applications > Waves > Plug-Ins V9

Once verifying there, a re-scan for plug-ins in Reaper usually does the trick. Sometimes a computer restart helps.
L_Grizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 10:14 AM   #6
tomrip

can i install on another drive? i have a ssd. this is driving me nuts. i wish i never would of updated
Quote:
Originally Posted by L_Grizzle View Post
I've got like 9 Waves plug-ins, and it's been a tedious process getting each and every one of them to work (I wish they would stop having sales so I would quit being tempted to buy more...).

Consult this page in case you haven't: https://www.waves.com/support/how-to...gins-in-reaper

I've found that it magically works after going into the Waves plugin folder to verify it's been installed:

Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves\Plug-Ins V9
Mac: System HD > Applications > Waves > Plug-Ins V9

Once verifying there, a re-scan for plug-ins in Reaper usually does the trick. Sometimes a computer restart helps.
Old 10-31-2017, 09:09 AM   #7
L_Grizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomrip View Post
can i install on another drive? i have a ssd. this is driving me nuts. i wish i never would of updated
I've never done it ... but I would assume so? Just obviously be sure that they are correctly installed in the Waves folder, and that Reaper is pointed to the correct drive.

Wish I could be more help, but I've always only had a single drive that I work with.
L_Grizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 04:15 PM   #8
tomrip

i finally got it. thanks so much.
Old 11-25-2017, 12:40 PM   #9
redwng1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomrip View Post
i finally got it. thanks so much.
Hey Tomrip, what did you do to finally get it to work? I have been trying everything suggested but Reaper is still not showing the Waves plug-ins. IIM I am running on Mac. Really frustrated at this point, any help greatly appreciated.
redwng1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 11:07 AM   #10
amin

Waves Central 1.3.5.5 and VSTs V9, can get Reaper to recognize VTS3 versions but that's it - this doesn't help old projects which used mostlt VST 64 and occasionally VST 32 versions.

Any thoughts? Quite surprising to need to hack paid and shiny-new stuff. I'm moving tons of stuff to a new machine and so far only Waves gives me pain in the neck.
amin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 03:34 PM   #11
ivansc

The trick here is to make absolutely sure that you have removed every last bit of waves software OLD installs from your machine.

Once you get a clean install of Waves Central, you can pretty much forget Waves installation issues, apart from occasionally having to clear/rescan your plugins rahter than just doing a rescan. I have all my x86 x64 and vst3 version working fine, including the rennmax bundle, which has to be older than dirt.
But you really do have to make sure nothing got dragged into your new install from old installations or waveshells.
TomRip`s link is also very useful indeed.