Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 03-31-2024, 10:26 AM   #2001
TheFancyWolf
Human being with feelings

Default P1-M and X Track Color

Hey Guys! Great work and congrats on being considered for default inclusion with Reaper!

I have an Icon P1-M and P1-X and would love to customize it using CSI. Currently they instruct us to use DrivenByMoss, but I find the lack of customization a hinderance for what I'd like to accomplish and there are weird display bugs that I don't experience with CSI. Moss just released an update that supports track colors. (See attached image)

These controllers use an attached display called the D4/D4T. This display seems to have much more than just DisplayUpper and DisplayLower. Testing in CSI, there is a permanent "Pan/Width" meter at the top -> DisplayLower -> DisplayUpper then a segmented line and then three more lines of content, one of which can display track color.

Is it possible in the current version of CSI to send the track color and use those extra lines of content? I didn't find anything in the display section of the docs. If there was info you needed to know from the manufacturer (or maybe even Moss), maybe I can track it down for you.

Here are some links and thanks!

Icon P1-M: https://iconproaudio.com/product/p1-m/
Icon D4 Display: https://iconproaudio.com/product/d4/

Last edited by TheFancyWolf; Yesterday at 02:07 PM.
TheFancyWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2024, 05:39 AM   #2002
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetfoot View Post
Is there a way to display the master output on a meter? Can that be done with TrackOutputMeter?
I don't think there's an Action for this currently. It would be useful for OSC displays, though.
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 04:08 AM   #2003
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFancyWolf View Post
Is it possible in the current version of CSI to send the track color and use those extra lines of content?
Not currently. CSI would need an action specifically tailored to the display in order to write to those extra areas.
Old 04-03-2024, 07:12 AM   #2004
TheFancyWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
Not currently. CSI would need an action specifically tailored to the display in order to write to those extra areas.
Appreciate the response!

Is an action being created dependent on you guys adding it into the base code or is something I can add on to my install? I'd be happy to contribute a template for all to use if I get it all working. My coding knowledge is basic, but if I can I will!

I have reached out to the manufacturer to see if they will provide me with the mackie protocol commands they are using, but you know, not sure how closely people hold this stuff to the chest.

Sorry for any terminology mix ups!
TheFancyWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2024, 10:35 AM   #2005
Tkearneyone

Default Thanks, Geoff!

Hey Geoff - I just discovered CSI. I've been using the "Faderport XT" method for years to support my "Faderport Classic". One problem with that was that I had to delete the reaper_csurf.dll file after every Reaper update...

I'm liking CSI a lot more. The integration (and the great Wiki documentation!) is wonderful.

Thanks,
Tom Kearney
Tkearneyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2024, 08:29 AM   #2006
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFancyWolf View Post
Is an action being created dependent on you guys adding it into the base code or is something I can add on to my install?
This has to be coded and added by Geoff.