Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for macOS

Old 03-04-2016, 01:05 PM   #201
mrlimbic
Human being with feelings

I was getting ready to do a release tonight but then realised I hadn't tested it on windows.

Then I discovered a weird difference between REAPER on Windows vs Mac that will affect reconform feedback.

So I have delayed the release for a day or two until can figure out how to change this thing below.

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?p=1647952

Last edited by mrlimbic; 03-04-2016 at 01:48 PM.
mrlimbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 12:34 PM   #202
mrlimbic

Just a quick question for windows users..

At the moment the windows version of Vordio is 32 bit so runs on both but I'd rather make it 64 bit because it performs better.

Will it affect many people these days if I made it 64 bit only? Win 7 was 50% 64 bit users in 2010!

Last edited by mrlimbic; 03-05-2016 at 01:25 PM.
Old 03-06-2016, 12:05 AM   #203
ginormous

I'm in 64-bit Windows 7, but I run Reaper in 32 bit because some of my VST plugins don't bridge well. I'd appreciate both, please.
ginormous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 01:54 AM   #204
mrlimbic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginormous View Post
I'm in 64-bit Windows 7, but I run Reaper in 32 bit because some of my VST plugins don't bridge well. I'd appreciate both, please.
My app is standalone and doesn't care what version of Reaper people use. So 64 bit will work in your case also.
Old 03-06-2016, 11:42 AM   #205
X-Raym

64 bits version is perfect.

For the new version of Vordio, I suggest you to create a new thread REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto forum :P

It is irrelevant to keep all these good stuff on MacOS X forum now, hidden from windows users
X-Raym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 11:48 AM   #206
mrlimbic

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Raym View Post
64 bits version is perfect.

For the new version of Vordio, I suggest you to create a new thread REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto forum :P

It is irrelevant to keep all these good stuff on MacOS X forum now, hidden from windows users
Yes. Good idea. I'll create a post for sound for picture workflow using Vordio when 4.5 is released.

PS Justin agreed to fix the colour bug I found, so delayed release a little. Using the extra time to add more things.

Getting a bit carried away today. Decided to embeded the website on the help tab, then realised that this could happen!

Old 03-06-2016, 12:58 PM   #207
X-Raym

This is definitely not something needed haha :P
Old 03-11-2016, 11:33 AM   #208
mrlimbic

Vordio 4.5 is available for download!

http://vordio.net/vordio-4-5-release/

I released it before the tutorial videos are ready because there's an important Premiere bug fix that people needed quickly.

NOTE: Pay attention to the new settings tab to configure ffmpeg.

Last edited by mrlimbic; 03-11-2016 at 11:59 AM.
Old 03-13-2016, 04:57 AM   #209
X-Raym

You should promote this in a dedicated thread in a more general subforum :P

I played with it a bit and it is very cumfortable to use. The new UI and features are gorgious !

Great work !

I'm sure you video demo will have some success hehe !
Old 03-13-2016, 05:06 AM   #210
mrlimbic

Quote:
You should promote this in a dedicated thread in a more general subforum :P

I played with it a bit and it is very cumfortable to use. The new UI and features are gorgious !

Great work !

I'm sure you video demo will have some success hehe !
Thanks and yes. When the videos are ready I will start a more general Vordio workflow tips thread, so people can ask questions.

I am also thinking of doing a linux release now as Lightworks & Resolve both also run on linux.

I really wish there was a linux build of REAPER. It seems especially relevant now as Microsoft seems to have gone completely crazy.

This is horrendous..

http://www.pcworld.com/article/30242...e-tactics.html
Attached Images
File Type: png microsoft-crazy.png (41.0 KB, 491 views)
Old 03-13-2016, 05:09 AM   #211
X-Raym

@mrlimbic
You can do a linux version, a lot of users already use REAPER with linux with Wine with satisfaction
Old 03-24-2016, 04:09 AM   #212
X-Raym

I think the next big update for vordio would be having auto-update feature

having to go on the website, having to log, checking for emails, redownloading the zip at each release... you will save a lot of time for all your consumers if auto-download auto-install was possible :P
Old 03-24-2016, 04:22 AM   #213
mrlimbic

Quote:
I think the next big update for vordio would be having auto-update feature

having to go on the website, having to log, checking for emails, redownloading the zip at each release... you will save a lot of time for all your consumers if auto-download auto-install was possible :P
Yes. Someone else asked for that yesterday also.

Once I've killed all the bugs that rewriting the Vordio UI introduced, I will start adding more features again.

I don't want to auto-install but providing a direct download link would be fine. The email before download is just to verify the download is a human but really that only needs to happen on the first install, not every time.

I will improve the update manager to show more text and give a direct download link, instead of linking back to the site.
Old 03-24-2016, 10:33 AM   #214
mrlimbic

I just fixed the French language bug & the browse button bug.

http://vordio.net/vordio-4-5-3-release/

Last edited by mrlimbic; 03-24-2016 at 12:10 PM.
Old 04-18-2016, 02:26 AM   #215
Luster

Hello there!

I would like to try out your software but have trouble installing it. I cross-checked on another Win 7 x64 but it's always the same:

I run the installer (Vordio-4.5.4.msi),
it asks for permission (running as admin didn't helped either),
then the little window "Please wait while Windows is config..." appears
and then nothing happens.

I can see the Microsoft Installer Exe in the process explorer but that's it. Mind that I don't have Java installed but I didn't see that as a requirement on your website.

Some help would be appreciated.

With best regards
Luster
Luster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 05:44 AM   #216
mrlimbic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luster View Post
Hello there!

I would like to try out your software but have trouble installing it. I cross-checked on another Win 7 x64 but it's always the same:

I can see the Microsoft Installer Exe in the process explorer but that's it. Mind that I don't have Java installed but I didn't see that as a requirement on your website.

With best regards
Luster
I will try to see what information I can find out but it is very strange and I can't find any way to replicate the problem on Windows 7 or 10. Googling I can't find anyone having issues with the same installer tech that I am using either. I can see from the update manager that many windows users have been able to install it and downloaded updates.

It is very difficult to diagnose and fix a problem that I cannot repeat.

Maybe I could send you a zipped version without any installer, just the files that the installer would put on the machine?

Are you the same person that emailed me?
Old 04-18-2016, 07:08 AM   #217
mrlimbic

Quote:
Hello there!

With best regards
Luster
OK. I've just built a couple of different ways of installing it on Windows to check if those work better on your machine. Private message me your email and I'll send the first method to check.

John
Old 04-18-2016, 08:36 AM   #218
Luster

Thanks for your quick reply!

I am aware that my description of the problem is very generic and don't help that much for troubleshooting. All I can say is that I am no newbie regarding managing Windows and was kind of surprised that on the laptop, which is a pretty fresh install without any special quirks, the issue appear too. This is the first time I encountered something like this. Is there a possibility that Microsoft Security Essentials (antivirus) can interfer? It's on both systems installed...

btw. PM send.
Old 04-18-2016, 08:47 AM   #219
mrlimbic

Quote:
Thanks for your quick reply!

I am aware that my description of the problem is very generic and don't help that much for troubleshooting. All I can say is that I am no newbie regarding managing Windows and was kind of surprised that on the laptop, which is a pretty fresh install without any special quirks, the issue appear. This is the first time I encountered this. Is there a possibility that Microsoft Security Essentials (antivirus) can interfer? It's on both systems installed...
Yes it is possible that something security/AV related is interfering, but as you are only the 2nd person so far,
it is hard to tell what the common denominator is yet. The installer is not signed but that should just pop up an "Are you sure?" box, not stop the installer working completely.

I will ask the other person if they have the same AV (the standalone version with no installer I sent them worked). Maybe that is it.

Anyway, I'll now send you the version that worked for them. Then if that is good for you, I'll update the website with a note and both methods as available install options.

Last edited by mrlimbic; 04-18-2016 at 08:57 AM.
Old 04-18-2016, 09:22 AM   #220
Luster

Ok. I have an idea. Is it possible that it installed correctly but gives absolutely no confirmation?
Because the file you send me is basically a "portable install"(?), I copied it first to the desktop for testing - and it worked - and then wanted to move it to the "program files" folder (where it belongs) just to realize that there is already a folder called Vordio with the same files in it. But since the installer never appeared with the typical dialog, where you press next, select the destination folder and such stuff I thought it isn't installed. This is kind of funny.

Thanks for your quick help!
Old 04-18-2016, 09:37 AM   #221
mrlimbic

Quote:
Ok. I have an idea. Is it possible that it installed correctly but gives absolutely no confirmation?
Because the file you send me is basically a "portable install"(?), I copied it first to the desktop for testing - and it worked - and then wanted to move it to the "program files" folder (where it belongs) just to realize that there is already a folder called Vordio with the same files in it. But since the installer never appeared with the typical dialog, where you press next, select the destination folder and such stuff I thought it isn't installed. This is kind of funny.

Thanks for your quick help!
OMG. That is totally possible. Yes, it doesn't start the application automatically. You need to go into the start menu to find it. I should probably make it add an icon to the desktop or something to make it more obvious.

I don't think that was the issue for the other person but will check. They gave me the impression that the installer just hung and didn't complete.
Old 04-18-2016, 09:55 AM   #222
Luster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlimbic View Post
They gave me the impression that the installer just hung and didn't complete.
Exactly that was my impression because I never saw an installer window just this little thing when it extracts the installer files. This just disappear very fast (thanks to SSD) and then nothing comes. On PC you are so used to another window where you confirm some stuff and so on that you automatic think something failed.
Old 04-18-2016, 10:03 AM   #223
mrlimbic

Quote:
Exactly that was my impression because I never saw an installer window just this little thing when it extracts the installer files. This just disappear very fast (thanks to SSD) and then nothing comes. On PC you are so used to another window where you confirm some stuff and so on that you automatic think something failed.
Yes it is pretty funny. Computers are now getting so fast you don't see the window anymore!

I am about to upgrade my 2009 mac tower to be stupidly powerful fast 12 core. I found this great company in the UK that upgrade old 2009 Mac towers to be as powerful as the new (Trashcan) Mac Pro specs but much much cheaper. Works out at less than half the price of a new Mac Pro for same spec.

http://create.pro/
Old 04-20-2016, 12:01 PM   #224
Luster

Next problem:
My video guy works with FCP X and I gave him the dmg file, he installed and converted via XML into a Reaper project but somehow all the media files are missing.
I gave him before the link to your step by step guide and also a short german translation of that and he said he did everything as described. But in the "Audio Files" folder is only the following folder which is empty:
"_Volumes_SHOGUN_RSS.fcpbundle_19.04.16_Origin al Media"
I am not that firm with Mac and he isn't that deep into Mac OS X - do you have any idea where the problem lies?

Any hint would be helpful.

Edit: The log files looked ok. No missing media or errors...

Last edited by Luster; 04-20-2016 at 12:10 PM.
Old 04-20-2016, 12:08 PM   #225
mrlimbic

Quote:
Next problem:
My video guy works with FCP X and I gave him the dmg file, he installed and converted via XML into a Reaper project but somehow all the media files are missing.
I gave him before the link to your step by step guide and also a short german translation of that and he said he did everything as described. But in the "Audio Files" folder is only the following:
"_Volumes_SHOGUN_RSS.fcpbundle_19.04.16_Origin al Media"
I am not that firm with Mac and he isn't that deep into Mac OS X - do you have any idea where the problem lies?

Any hint would be helpful.
Did he follow the installation instructions? There are 2 main stages. He might have only done the 1st stage (i.e. get the application running). To transcode media also requires the 2nd stage (install ffmpeg).

http://vordio.net/installation/

Was there anything left in the media queue (if so was offline)? Was everything moved to the 'failed' queue? (if so usually, didn't install stage 2)

My guess would be missing out point 5 on the installation instructions (unless he managed to not have the media drive plugged in).

A successful result should move everything to the complete queue. The queue titles have numbers. They should all be zero except for complete.

Another possibility is he unchecked transcode and/or copy options. Then you get a different kind of project that only links to original media, not a self contained project (only do that if you are doing the video & sound edit on the same machine).

Last edited by mrlimbic; 04-20-2016 at 12:15 PM.
Old 04-20-2016, 12:21 PM   #226
Luster

The missing ffmpeg might be the culprit. Will check back with him tonight. Thanks for your fast response!

In the log file I see the following lines:
----Conversion Complete----
Found 31, Used 31
Unused 0, Sync 0
Missing Refs: 0

Collecting media..

This looked for me like everything ok.(?)
Old 04-20-2016, 12:30 PM   #227
mrlimbic

Quote:
The missing ffmpeg might be the culprit. Will check back with him tonight. Thanks for your fast response!

In the log file I see the following lines:
----Conversion Complete----
Found 31, Used 31
Unused 0, Sync 0
Missing Refs: 0

Collecting media..

This looked for me like everything ok.(?)
Those numbers relate to items in the XML. It will still translate the XML without ffmpeg, just not transcode media.

Sometimes media doesn't need to be transcoded, i.e. if all your audio was not camera audio and is in a format reaper likes already such as WAV.

I recently separated out ffmpeg for a few reasons. So ffmpeg versions don't relate to Vordio versions, and to make people see a button request for donations to the ffmpeg project. I thought that was more sensible and fair. If there is a bug in ffmpeg or support for a new codec, you can update ffpmeg yourself.
Old 04-20-2016, 01:59 PM   #228
Luster

Quote:
I recently separated out ffmpeg for a few reasons. So ffmpeg versions don't relate to Vordio versions, and to make people see a button request for donations to the ffmpeg project. I thought that was more sensible and fair. If there is a bug in ffmpeg or support for a new codec, you can update ffpmeg yourself.
I totally understand the reasoning behind that but imagine the following scenario: Before Reaper my workflow was relatively straight forward. The video guy sends me one big OMF and the complete video. I imported that into Cubase and made my edits and mixing / restauration. Now I have to explain to him that my new DAW ("whats a DAW?") is way better then the old one and my new love and so on but isn't able to work with OMFs ("Haha, better DAW?"). But there is a tool from a cool guy where we even can reconform ("Oh, was that a problem before?"). But it relies on other software, which he needs to install ("Another software?! I don't want to put every garbage on my Mac.").
You see - he isn't in the mood for donating.

Anyway - it worked now.

Next irritation is a frame offset. In the video file he send me for reference the audio comes one frame later. And this offset grows with the time. Of course there is no counting leader or burned in TC. :/
I will crosscheck with the OMF he send me for additional safety.
Old 04-20-2016, 02:14 PM   #229
mrlimbic

Quote:
Anyway - it worked now.

Next irritation is a frame offset. In the video file he send me for reference the audio comes one frame later. And this offset grows with the time. Of course there is no counting leader or burned in TC. :/
I will crosscheck with the OMF he send me for additional safety.
Is this an FCPX project or Premiere? Last time I had frame sync issues, it turned out to be a bad video render.

Although there was a Premiere sync issue with 59.98 but that was fixed in 4.5.4.

There are some walkthrough videos coming soon that will hand hold people through the process. Most is obvious if you read instructions, but people much prefer and expect walkthroughs these days. I will explain in those videos why XML is different, and more powerful than old container formats like OMF.

Also, in future, please make sure you send the install instructions link & the convert instructions link, not just a DMG. They both mention ffmpeg is required for transcoding.

Last edited by mrlimbic; 04-20-2016 at 03:58 PM.
Old 04-20-2016, 03:51 PM   #230
mrlimbic

Quote:
Is this an FCPX project or Premiere? Last time I had frame sync issues, it turned out to be a bad video render.
A second thought on this. It seems that reaper doesn't play all reference video formats equally as well. People have been saying on other threads that Prores works better than H264 in reaper.

Some formats are designed to be 'edit ready' so fast frame seekable, others are more 'delivery formats' like H264 and not really designed for fast seeking/editing.
Old 04-21-2016, 07:46 AM   #231
Luster

Again, thanks for your fast replies and the help!

Quote:
It's FCP X and the OMF + same video file in Cubase are perfect in sync. But in the Reaper project the offset gets bigger later in the project. Mind it's an offset not a drift like with a wrong samplerate...
Edit: Correction. Looks like Reaper offsets the video-audio (and the video?) almost one frame from start. I tried to exclude vlc in the video-preferences but then the import fails.
Still some clips are out of sync - even with the correction of the start position.

Quote:
Some formats are designed to be 'edit ready' so fast frame seekable, others are more 'delivery formats' like H264 and not really designed for fast seeking/editing.
For Cubase I have a special preset in Handbrake which renders without B-frames. That worked always like a charm. If I convert the video now with Handbrake and reimport into Reaper the audio gets half a frame of additional delay.

Regarding my / our installer issues I would suggest the following for your software: Implement a check up in the installer where it looks first if the ffmpeg tools are installed and then - in case not - present a link to the homepage with some explanation that this is a requirement for the software to work correctly. With this step you also get - from a user point of view - the confirmation that Vordio is installed now which is now completely missing at least on Windows where you are used to some kind of confirmation dialog window.

With best regards.
Old 04-21-2016, 08:12 AM   #232
mrlimbic

Quote:
Again, thanks for your fast replies and the help!

It's FCP X and the OMF + same video file in Cubase are perfect in sync. But in the Reaper project the offset gets bigger later in the project. Mind it's an offset not a drift like with a wrong samplerate...
Edit: Correction. Looks like Reaper offsets the video-audio (and the video?) almost one frame from start. I tried to exclude vlc in the video-preferences but then the import fails.
Still some clips are out of sync - even with the correction of the start position.

For Cubase I have a special preset in Handbrake which renders without B-frames. That worked always like a charm. If I convert the video now with Handbrake and reimport into Reaper the audio gets half a frame of additional delay.

Regarding my / our installer issues I would suggest the following for your software: Implement a check up in the installer where it looks first if the ffmpeg tools are installed and then - in case not - present a link to the homepage with some explanation that this is a requirement for the software to work correctly. With this step you also get - from a user point of view - the confirmation that Vordio is installed now which is now completely missing at least on Windows where you are used to some kind of confirmation dialog window.

With best regards.
Can you send me the XML? I think I have an idea what might be going on. If you do nested autoconforming in FCPX, only the first level found is processed currently by Vordio. FCPX is different from other NLEs. It actually stretches audio when conforming video rather than dropping & repeating video frames which is what the other NLEs do. This means I need to speed adjust items in reaper sometimes and change their sync points. Vordio will handle one level currently but as this process is mostly invisible to the editor they often don't even realise it is happening and end up nesting speed changes lots of times. OMF might rerender the audio, so it may be pre-stretched already. Vordio attempts to be non destructive, so leaves original audio as is but adjusts the item settings instead.

Vordio does put a message right in front of the user saying "Transcode will not work yet, please configure the settings tab" if ffmpeg is not configured. The settings tab has a link to ffpmeg install instructions and even download links etc. Maybe I should make the message glow? I did that with another message that people didn't read to make it more obvious.
Old 04-21-2016, 08:48 AM   #233
Luster

Quote:
Can you send me the XML? I think I have an idea what might be going on.
Sorry, I don't have the XML here but will ask for it so we can further investigate. I will send you an email ASAP.

Quote:
Vordio does put a message right in front of the user saying "Transcode will not work yet, please configure the settings tab" if ffmpeg is not configured. The settings tab has a link to ffpmeg install instructions and even download links etc. Maybe I should make the message glow? I did that with another message that people didn't read to make it more obvious.
I understand what you are saying. Unfortunately it's not me who has to work with the interface but my video editor. He is used to all the smooth Apple-style user interactions of Mac OS X and FCP X and didn't take the time to look much into your software. Deadlines...
Actually - beside my irritation about the install-process - I had no trouble with the interface in any way. But I am also the guy who will look fast after first install of new software what is going on in the settings-dialog.
Layout-wise I would suggest a not so dark blue for the link to the ffmpeg website and hence the super big grey space below maybe move the whole lines a little bit more into the center.

Please take my suggestions as constructive criticism. The users who have to work with the software maybe aren't the ones who want to work with it but have to because their audio guy wants it. Just to give some context.
Old 04-21-2016, 09:19 AM   #234
mrlimbic

Quote:
Please take my suggestions as constructive criticism. The users who have to work with the software maybe aren't the ones who want to work with it but have to because their audio guy wants it. Just to give some context.
All feedback is good.

I still need to make the time for a set of video walk throughs for different scenarios and end users. People are so used to video tutorials for everything now that they don't seem to read any more. Also some of the following quirks can be explained in those videos.

One thing is that apple's terms are so weird that I couldn't put it through their app store anyway. For instance I would be banned for asking for a donation towards someone else's project.

Also FFmpeg's license is also incompatible with apple's way of doing things, so it's not even possible to include the binary version legally, in the way Apple fans might expect.

iFFmpeg is a really nice OSX app but again would be banned for similar reasons. It also requires separate install of FFmpeg.

Unfortunately, the only way I could get around the incompatible legals is a huge amount of pointless technical work for a very small benefit.
Old 04-25-2016, 04:38 PM   #235
mrlimbic

Quote:
Sorry, I don't have the XML here but will ask for it so we can further investigate. I will send you an email ASAP.
OMG. Thanks for sending the XML in the end.

That XML is amazing. It has revealed a whole new world that I didn't know existed. First connected clip in that footage is 25.03fps (Frame duration of 999/25000).

Code:
<format id="r3" frameDuration="999/25000s" width="1920" height="1080"/>

I never had to consider shooting in such odd frame rates before. After speaking to others, apparently some cameras like on iPhone no longer report a specific frame rate, they just do what they want and then report the average frame rate over whole footage. So can end up with any possible frame rate mathematically.

I will try to update Vordio to account for unusual frame rates, but this is a brave new world we are entering.

Last edited by mrlimbic; 04-25-2016 at 04:48 PM.
Old 04-26-2016, 01:51 AM   #236
airon

Does each frame at least get some kind of timecode ?
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 03:12 AM   #237
mrlimbic

Quote:
Originally Posted by airon View Post
Does each frame at least get some kind of timecode ?
Without having the media to put through ffprobe I can't tell if it has anything like a timecode stream. But a lot of footage just stores the starting timecode and the rest is calculated from the frame rate. I very much doubt if a consumer phone camera will put in a timecode stream.

I also think there might be a bug in the FCPX XML export. The strange clips have rate conform scaling disabled. I would expect it to be enabled.

If it was enabled Vordio would attempt to speed adjust the REAPER item by 25/25.03. I tried in FCPX to force it to become enabled using "automatic speed" but it still comes out disabled. For more typical differences like 23.98/25 it seems work. Maybe the difference being so small triggers a bug in FCPX exports?

Code:
<clip name="WP_20160419_13_24_57_Pro" lane="1" offset="162689300/2500s" duration="230400/90000s" start="41200/2500s" format="r3" tcFormat="NDF">
                                <conform-rate scaleEnabled="0"/>
                                <adjust-volume amount="-96dB"/>
                                <video offset="0s" ref="r4" duration="6217776/25000s">
                                    <audio lane="-1" offset="0s" ref="r4" duration="179077594/720000s" role="dialogue" srcCh="1, 2"/>
                                </video>
                            </clip>
There are a number of possible variations I have seen in other test projects such as rate conforms like this below. But it has put a pretty standard rate in here. Maybe it forgets to put in unsual ones like 25.03

Code:
<clip name="TM2_5465 - 00:00:11:24" offset="834000/25000s" duration="4s" start="8639858227/2400000s" format="r28" tcFormat="NDF">
                            <conform-rate srcFrameRate="23.98"/>
However, I may be wrong in my assumptions. The asset also has a different rate format to the clip. So maybe the correct thing to do here is rate conform EVEN IF it says disabled but when the asset is different to the clip.

At the moment Vordio doesn't account for asset format differences, it expects FCPX to put the info on the clip (which it seems to actually do for typical frame rates).

Code:
  <format id="r3" frameDuration="999/25000s" width="1920" height="1080"/>
  <asset id="r4" name="WP_20160419_13_24_57_Pro" uid="B29B9AE60393ED59CC3191E1C8A45E94" src="file:///Users/john/Movies/System.fcpbundle/19.04.16/Original%20Media/WP_20160419_13_24_57_Pro.mp4" start="0s" duration="6217972/25000s" hasVideo="1" format="r3" hasAudio="1" audioSources="1" audioChannels="2" audioRate="48000">
FCPX takes a different approach than other NLEs. Most NLEs adjust the video by dropping/repeating frames and leave audio unaffected. FCPX instead plays every frame but stretches the audio to fit the new speed. This makes it a bit more complicated. Especially when people start nesting clips, so have speed changes on speed changes etc.

Last edited by mrlimbic; 04-26-2016 at 03:38 AM.
Old 05-07-2016, 08:57 AM   #238
mrlimbic

I finally got around to adding support for track automation moves during reconform, not only item automation as it did before.

It should now also remove irrelevant automation and repair relevant automation.

http://vordio.net/vordio-4-5-5-release/

The circled part of automation in the original would get messed up when moving the following scene back towards it (a 16 second scene was deleted). As merging automation turns out awful, Vordio instead removes the conflicting automation & join the remaining automation up nicely with the next scene, as shown in the last image.

Last edited by mrlimbic; 05-07-2016 at 09:11 AM.
Old 05-26-2016, 05:15 AM   #239
Luster

Quote:
I have to correct myself here. The Vordio conversion worked like a charm. Every clip was in sync. Only my reference video (MP4) was one frame late in audio and somehow I got confused. Looks like Prores is the format to go with REAPER regarding a reference video...
Old 05-26-2016, 05:33 AM   #240
airon

That's often AAC Encoder magic that introduces that kind of latency. Beware of shit-faced MP4 files. There are encoders that don't do this, but generally I'm moving on to free formats like MKV, Flac, Wavpack and Opus. Most folks have VLC these days so they can play that stuff.

Btw I use TEncoder which uses Mencoder and FFMPEG to produce ProRes files, either in a MOV or MKV container. I have no Adobe products and Quicktime is being thrown out of Windows right now, so that's the free software alternative to any commercial encoder. It's fast too.

Using Vordio on Premiere XML exports. Works great.
airon is offline   Reply With Quote