Old 01-31-2012, 12:16 PM   #81
Fex
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by planetnine View Post
Quantise to grid or to groove?
Quantize individual notes to whatever works, which is usually to grid, but sometimes it's to a triplet/dotted/swing value, and it isn't always something I can know for sure until I hear it. I also need to be able to vary the degree of quantizing, in case the result of 100% quantizing sounds unnatural. The option to undo, having done a bunch of stuff elsewhere in the project in the interim, also counts for a lot, because sounds deceive us when we're focusing on them.
Quote:
"Q" from MIDI Editor quantises
Well, yeah, it quantizes MIDI....
Quote:
and there's a SWS extension to quantise to grid...
I haven't really looked into SWS extensions - I know I should, but I haven't needed to. I can quantize loops to grid in Reaper anyway. To quantize individual audio notes to grid would presumably entail having software which knows what the individual notes actually are....
Fex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 01:44 PM   #82
planetnine

When I've used AdamWathan's Autopocket extension, I've quantised media items (multitrack drums) prior to processing. The action is: SWS: Quantize item's start to grid (keep length) -and I've mapped it to Shift-Q (probably because Adam did in his tutorial video). I have some shortcuts set up to change the grid to common timings I know I'll use with the projects, and select a bunch of items with Right-Drag-Marquee and hit Shift-Q.

The finger's extension (from memory) will groove quantise audio items as well as MIDI too...

>
Old 01-31-2012, 02:04 PM   #83
planetnine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fex View Post
.... I haven't really looked into SWS extensions - I know I should, but I haven't needed to. I can quantize loops to grid in Reaper anyway. To quantize individual audio notes to grid would presumably entail having software which knows what the individual notes actually are....
I'd seriously recommend you install the SWS extension set, it gives you a large selection of extra actions to map to keys or toolbars, or to make up custo (macro) actions. I really couldn't do without some of the stuff Tim and his colleagues have added to REAPER.

When I quantise multitrack drums, I use instances of ReaGate to create blips for all Drums as a trigger stem and transient detect to split all the drum tracks as a group. Then the whole drum recording is split to beat and can be quantised, with Autopocket timestretching/compressing the ends to keep everything joined up and in phase (inc OH and ambients/room mics).

If you want timing percentages, then (again, from memory) I think you need Finger's extensions (which may be part of SWS package now, I'll go and check shortly).

>
Old 01-31-2012, 02:11 PM   #84
Fex

Quote:
I'd seriously recommend you install the SWS extension set
I installed it ages ago, I just haven't had cause to use it yet.
Quote:
If you want timing percentages, then (again, from memory) I think you need Finger's extensions
Well, I kinda don't, cos I got me a Melodyne.
Fex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 05:21 PM   #85
Ralphm773

Default Melodyne & ILok

Hello, I purchased an iLok so I can use Melodyne on two computers. I haven't copied any Melodyne folders/files to the 2nd computer but here's what happened.

I had a song where I used pitch correction and on the 2nd computer Reaper showed two files in the envelope or gui and error ed out.

Any suggestions on how to use Melodyne on two different commuters the easy way? Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Ralphm773; 07-02-2012 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Forgot to say hello!
Ralphm773 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 05:31 PM   #86
Lawrence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralphm773 View Post
Hello, I purchased an iLok so I can use Melodyne on two computers.
You don't need an iLok for that. You get two activation's.
Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 09:36 PM   #87
chrisharbin

Damn, old thread I'll have to unsubscribe. Mine is for sale currently.
chrisharbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 02:19 AM   #88
Ralphm773

Any suggestions? (Reaper showed two files in the envelope or gui and error ed out). thanks in advance!

Last edited by Ralphm773; 07-03-2012 at 06:04 PM. Reason: Taking the high road
Old 07-05-2012, 06:46 PM   #89
jshonuff

Default MD working in reaper

Someone started it but didn't tell how to finish it. The only way I could get it to work was to put MD on a track first
1. Start the track/song
2. Press start on the transfer in MD
3. When you are finish Stop the transfer in MD
4. then Stop the track/song

If you skip 3 and go to 4 it want work
You can also do step 3 and while it is rendering you can stop the track.
jshonuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 03:24 PM   #90
Ralphm773

Actually the software works fine; I think it’s more of a file management issue. Does anyone put your Melodyne files on a network drive and point both computers to the same folder? I think I’m on the right track. Thanks again.
Old 04-28-2016, 10:40 AM   #91
ikemhla

Default Melodyne and Reaper

Hi,

My plugin works no crashes.

IN REAPER!!!
1, Install plugin on track
2, Two pages come on to the screen
a) One shows the Routing ie Play or Transfer
b) The other shows the 8 channels with faders Once you click the UI drop down menu.

Top Fader is for setting Play or Transfer. Set as required for channel.
Bottom 8 faders are for the channels, Select channel for required track
Click to bring up the editor and save Mellodyne session.

Put 8 instances of Mellodyne on 8 tracks and set each track for transfer as above.

If you activate transfer the Editor Tracks without doing it in the Drop down menu, Transfer will be deactivated.

ReaRoute

I personally use ReaRoute. Sync Mellodyne to Reaper and transfer tracks to Mellodyne. Once tracks are in Mellodyne I reset Audio Transfer as From Mellodyne Back to Reaper. The two programs run in sync and I do the editing i Melodyne in real time. When I am finished I transfer the tracks into Reaper. Render as Mono/Stereo Tracks.

Regards

Ike
ikemhla is offline   Reply With Quote