Old 09-23-2018, 03:41 AM   #2481
airon
Human being with feelings

I've created a simple signal flow diagram, derived from the description in the Dolby Dialogue Intelligence documentation.

Where the global dialogue intelligence gate sits is where the Relative Gate sat of the 1770-2/3/4 specification.

However, each channel is individually gated with the dialogue intelligence gate first as well, before being added up to a global loudness number. I'm not sure why the global result is gated again.

Thus, this is dialogue intelligence combined with the first version of the 1770 specification.

Note the Delay block. This is to compensate for the 2048 ms delay of the dialogue intelligence algorithm.

More detailed information is available in the documentation of the Dialogue Intelligence source code package. Please keep in mind that the specification that is the basis of this request requires the use of the 1770-1 spec, not the 1770-2 spec as detailed in the dialogue intelligence documentation.

The target level is -27 LKFS of integrated speech-gated loudness across the selected item. The reference might very well be the Nugen LM Correct tool, which is an offline, one at a time file processor(and audio suite plugin for PT).

Right-click and "View Image" to get the full sized image if you're viewing this forum in the Reaper 5 theme, which downsizes large images.

Last edited by airon; 09-23-2018 at 03:49 AM.
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 03:50 AM   #2482
airon

Quote:
Originally Posted by javiramallo View Post
Yes!! please.

+1000.

Thanks.

Is anyone else affected by this new Netflix delivery spec ?
Old 09-30-2018, 06:07 AM   #2483
airon

After taking a hard look at the license for the Dolby stuff, it’s clear we can’t put this in to the SWS extension, unless we rewrite the thing.

So I’ve posted a request in the FR section to ask Cockos for help. Anyone wanna light some candles for that ? I did.
Old 10-01-2018, 02:21 AM   #2484
doppelganger

7 months without a glimpse of presence from SWS devs, looks like this project is dead by now.
And no one is allowed to merge stuff, maybe it makes sense to start other extension.
doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 08:02 AM   #2485
nofish

Technically I'd be allowed to merge PR's, Tim ('sws') gave me privilege to do so at some point, but this was mainly for being able to close issues, I don't feel entitled as a co-maintainer as there was never talk about it, so I refrain from doing so currently.

(Would be open for it in general though...)
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 08:32 AM   #2486
doppelganger

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofish View Post
Technically I'd be allowed to merge PR's, Tim ('sws') gave me privilege to do so at some point, but this was mainly for being able to close issues, I don't feel entitled as a co-maintainer as there was never talk about it, so I refrain from doing so currently.

I love SWS, can't imagine REAPER without it, donated once or twice to them, but without people, who will maintain and add some new stuff constantly, it will die at some point, because of increasing amount of bugs, etc.
I see how much you and cfillion do for SWS ext. , it could very good, if Tim gave you such privilege.
doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 08:34 AM   #2487
Jason Brian Merrill

I require SWS for work
Old 10-01-2018, 08:37 AM   #2488
cfillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofish View Post
Same here. I got access to the repository recently but that doesn't make starting merging PRs on my own accord appropriate (beside it wouldn't help getting a release out). Tim said a month ago he wanted to review the new code before accepting the PRs when he gets a chance.

Last edited by cfillion; 10-01-2018 at 09:17 AM.
cfillion is offline   Reply With Quote