Old 03-18-2019, 03:48 PM   #1
Adam B
Human being with feelings

Default Can't fix glitch/bug

Hey, I just downloaded reaper and I ran into a problem. I made a post about this in the noob section, but couldn't get the help I needed. This is a weird glitch/bug that's going to be hard to explain but I'll try my best.

When I start reaper and make a new project, if I press play, the timer and the bar in the arrangement window shows that I'm at 10 seconds into the track. I thought I just had it starting at the wrong time but no, I set it to start at 0 seconds in the settings.

It gets even more odd when I drag in a track, like drums or a vocal track. I press play and it still shows that I'm at 10 seconds into the track, but the audio is playing from the beginning like it should. Then when I click to go to a certain part of the track, it always adds those 10 seconds on to the time, so I can't go to a specific part of a track.

I didn't want to make a new post but I honestly don't know what to do. I can usually fix stuff like this myself, but this had me stumped. I want to use reaper but there is no need to buy it if I can't get it to work right. People on the other post I made in noobland kept telling me to get a audio interface, but i don't think they understood my problem. This isn't a latency problem. It's some kind of odd bug I think. My old daw works fine and doesn't have this problem(it's just old and I want an upgrade).

I'm using Windows 10 home. If I need to provide any other info, just ask.

Thanks
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 04:24 PM   #2
domzy

In "project settings" what do your "project start time" and "project start measure" boxes say?
domzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 04:28 PM   #3
Adam B

Project start time is 0:00:00 and start measure is 1.
Old 03-18-2019, 04:41 PM   #4
domzy

ok, that was my best guess at what was wrong, sorry
domzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 04:43 PM   #5
Adam B

Thanks for trying.