Old 03-14-2019, 10:45 AM   #1
Sari
Human being with feelings

Default Captain Chords

Anyone here has tried any of the Captain Plugins such as Captain Chords. If yes, have you had any success in using them in your workflow?
Old 12-16-2019, 11:39 PM   #2
SFChuckLogan

Default Captain Chords

I purchased Captain Chords as well. I have not been able to locate it as a plugin within reaper. I even pointed the VST search towards the folder?

I am working on so many issues, I have not figure it out. I would imagine Scaler wouldn't work either ?
SFChuckLogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 02:32 AM   #3
vanhaze

I assume you are on Windows ?
I am on OSX, (10.14.6)
I also have the Captain plugins bundle and Reaper sees them all, both VSTi and AUi.

- You sure your Captain plugins are located in a folder that is set in Reaper as a plugin scan path ?
- You have installed the latest version of Captain plugins ?
- Maybe do a plugin rescan in Reaper ?
Old 12-17-2019, 08:47 AM   #4
nait

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFChuckLogan View Post
I purchased Captain Chords as well. I have not been able to locate it as a plugin within reaper. I even pointed the VST search towards the folder?

I am working on so many issues, I have not figure it out. I would imagine Scaler wouldn't work either ?
I have used Scaler in the past, and it worked great with Reaper. I also currently use Instachord / Instascale (couldn't pass them up on a black friday sale this year). There's no reason any of these won't work with Reaper.

I think like vanhaze says, maybe be 100% certain that you're pointing to the right folder in your VST Plugins path setting in Reaper. Ensure that you installed either (or both) VST2 32/64 bit DLL and/or VST3. You should actually see the .DLL files in the folder you're telling Reaper to look in. On top of that, I'm not sure about Captain Chords, but some plugins don't like it if you move them around to different folders, so be sure not to do that unless you know it can be moved.
My Rig (also serves as my gaming PC): MSI Mag X570 Tomahawk Mobo, Ryzen R9 3900X, 32GB RAM, Samsung 960 Evo 500gb NVMe, Crucial 1TB NVMe, NVidia RTX 2080 Super, Arturia Minifuse 2, Nektar Impact LX25+ MIDI Controller Keyboard.
nait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 01:29 PM   #5
SFChuckLogan

Default Captain Chords

OK will check everything again. Thank you
SFChuckLogan is offline   Reply With Quote