Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 02-20-2018, 02:53 PM   #1
colonelporridge
Human being with feelings

Default Toggle track zoom to minimum, Hides Peaks

I am trying to set up reaper so that when Toggle track zoom to minimum is activated the display of item peaks turns off, as when im working with a lot of tracks and they are minimized i dont want to have to see the wave forms. Is this possible?
colonelporridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 12:19 AM   #2
Philbo King

You can simply hide the tracks using Track Manager.

If you want to still see the media items, open the Peaks Display Settings (menu: View->Peaks Display Settings).
Select the Spectrogram mode, set the contrast to 0.1 and the brightness either really low (for black) or really high (to get colored items); then just click & drag on the dB scale on the bottom to change the color.

Last edited by Philbo King; 02-23-2018 at 12:32 AM.
Philbo King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 04:40 AM   #3
colonelporridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philbo King View Post
You can simply hide the tracks using Track Manager.

If you want to still see the media items, open the Peaks Display Settings (menu: View->Peaks Display Settings).
Select the Spectrogram mode, set the contrast to 0.1 and the brightness either really low (for black) or really high (to get colored items); then just click & drag on the dB scale on the bottom to change the color.
Heya thanks for the reply, but i think you may have misunderstood or maybe i have. I want to keep the display of media items but i dont want the peaks to be visible when the tracks are brought to a certain height. In preferences, Audio Peak and waveform appearance there are a few settings which are close to this but not ideal and i dont seems to be able to just make a toggle action key for this type of setting as in on off for displaying peaks in items which would be a seciond best for me.
colonelporridge is offline   Reply With Quote