Old 09-22-2018, 02:43 PM   #1
jesussaddle
Human being with feelings

Default Error Since version 594 in x64

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=209680

There were a couple of us that experienced an error where our MIDI instruments were no longer available when updating to the new version.

When we go back to 593 the error goes away, without doing anything else.

This was true in 594 and is true in 595. So its the second update I've attempted but am unable to use. I didn't get a response to my post on the 594 thread. But I assumed that since others had posted regarding it that it was known.

How can I get direct support on this issue so I can continue to take advantage of updates? I've not had any serious issues with Reaper until this...
jesussaddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 02:50 PM   #2
cfillion

It's a feature. All previously configured MIDI devices are now visible in the preferences window and a warning is shown when they cannot be found.

You can forget the old devices in the preferences window or disable the new warning message.
cfillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 07:27 PM   #3
jesussaddle

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfillion View Post
It's a feature. All previously configured MIDI devices are now visible in the preferences window and a warning is shown when they cannot be found.

You can forget the old devices in the preferences window or disable the new warning message.
Ah, I see, I didn't scroll down in the preferences window so I didn't see that there were suddenly a bunch of iterations of the previous hardware along with a couple of 'working ones'. Hmmm. It certainly is an odd feature. I guess its point is for Reaper to understand and remember more about the hardware.
I'll see if I can track down the item in the changelog so I can understand it better. Thanks!
jesussaddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 05:36 AM   #4
nofish

Some more info in this thread:
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=209673
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote