Old 01-08-2019, 09:32 PM   #5681
Markdude
Human being with feelings

One more question -- when I'm using the "Gauge" presentation for a knob, is it possible to limit what the minimum and maximum parameter values are? I'd like to replicate the frequency ranges of each band of some hardware EQs.
Markdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 05:01 AM   #5682
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markdude View Post
Is there a way to control multiple parameters simultaneously?

I'm trying to set up a channel strip that uses FabFilter Pro Q. I've created some unique EQ shapes by using multiple bands that work together. Within FabFilter I can control-click the bands or hold the mouse button down while I drag and select the bands, and then adjustments affect all the selected bands. I want to replicate this behavior with LBX. Ideally I'd like to have one LBX button affect all the desired bands, but having multiple buttons is OK as long as there's a way to 'link' them so that twisting one of the buttons makes the others turn as well. Is there a way to do this?

I've tried control-clicking multiple parameters in LBX's parameter list for Pro-Q, and dragging those out into the workspace, but it still doesn't seem to be possible to manipulate them at the same time in Live mode. I've also tried using the Learn Parameter function while adjusting multiple parameters simultaneously in Pro-Q, but that doesn't work either (LBX still only learns the parameter for one of the EQ bands). And control-clicking both knobs and selecting "Group" doesn't achieve the desired result either.
At the moment this is not possible - but you have got me thinking about it

There are macro controls (in TRACK EDIT -> OTHER CONTROLS) - where you can control multiple parameters at once (Relative mode would get closest to what you're requesting). But this isn't as simple as simply clicking on multiple controls and then altering them relatively to eachother. You have to go into the macro edit screen and add the controls and set up how they respond to eachother.
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 05:02 AM   #5683
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markdude View Post
One more question -- when I'm using the "Gauge" presentation for a knob, is it possible to limit what the minimum and maximum parameter values are? I'd like to replicate the frequency ranges of each band of some hardware EQs.
Yes - you can set the control ranges in FX EDIT mode - CTL OPTIONS dialog - page 2.
Old 01-11-2019, 12:31 AM   #5684
Joesi

Default Almost forgot...

...sorry, I forgot to post the link here.
If anyone needs a vintage 3D knob (100 steps, 115x115)
https://stash.reaper.fm/35209/bigpot.png
Joesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 01:29 PM   #5685
RJHollins

Here's a question to a work situation. See if this is possible.

On a given track, I'll have a STRIP that handles a group of N-4 plugins.

Also on that same track are other plugs ... but they are not a part of the STRIP.

Currently, I must jump back/forth between STRIP and the main FX to then look for the 'other' plugins.

What I wonder ...

It would be so handy if STRIP could have a 'special section' that shows these other plugins ... and would allow to 'OPEN its GUI'. This would allow staying on the STRIPPER interface more often by giving access to all FX plugs used [regardless if they are not assigned to STRIPPERS special controls for things like N4 assignments].

Just kinda the basic idea.

Wha Cha think ?

---- EDIT ---
oowww ... just checked out a plugins OPEN GUI parameter. This works !

So the questions narrows ... could STRIPPER automatically list all plugins being used
for easier access ?

Last edited by RJHollins; 01-13-2019 at 01:56 PM.
RJHollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 01:56 PM   #5686
timbralzoom

hmm..
not an automatic solution but how about adding just Open GUI parameters from that plugins to your Strip track?

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joesi View Post
...sorry, I forgot to post the link here.
If anyone needs a vintage 3D knob (100 steps, 115x115)
https://stash.reaper.fm/35209/bigpot.png

here:

https://stash.reaper.fm/v/35231/Joesi_bigpot.zip

Last edited by timbralzoom; 01-13-2019 at 02:13 PM.
timbralzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 02:52 PM   #5687
RJHollins

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbralzoom View Post
hmm..
not an automatic solution but how about adding just Open GUI parameters from that plugins to your Strip track?
I see that. Although that does do the deed, was looking to see if something like dragging the plugin from the list would assign to Opening the GUI AND retain the Name of said plug.

just looking to speed the process.
Old 01-13-2019, 04:18 PM   #5688
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
I see that. Although that does do the deed, was looking to see if something like dragging the plugin from the list would assign to Opening the GUI AND retain the Name of said plug.

just looking to speed the process.
Well - possibly not exactly what you're after - but it would work - take a look at my Channel Alt LBX 2 sharestrip.

This shows you how it's possible to add fx slots which act like fx slots in the Reaper mixer to a strip.

Create a strip with as many fx slots as you would require and add it to the track's strip. You can use it to reorder fx - add fx, bypass etc.

The control type you want is an Info Control. Add these to a strip and then in LIVE mode - right click it and choose FX slot. Then right-click again and choose a slot number (currently up to slot 16 - but I can allow more if necessary).

So then create a strip with as many of these controls in as required and add to your working track strips as required.

That's probably your best bet with what's currently available.
Old 01-13-2019, 07:14 PM   #5689
RJHollins

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
Well - possibly not exactly what you're after - but it would work - take a look at my Channel Alt LBX 2 sharestrip.

This shows you how it's possible to add fx slots which act like fx slots in the Reaper mixer to a strip.

Create a strip with as many fx slots as you would require and add it to the track's strip. You can use it to reorder fx - add fx, bypass etc.

The control type you want is an Info Control. Add these to a strip and then in LIVE mode - right click it and choose FX slot. Then right-click again and choose a slot number (currently up to slot 16 - but I can allow more if necessary).

So then create a strip with as many of these controls in as required and add to your working track strips as required.

That's probably your best bet with what's currently available.
OK ... well I grabbed the Channel ALT LBX-2, and IMPORTED it into a blank STRIP [just to get a look].

I'm still digging around with it to see what it is doing, and if this would work as is. It does have more features showing than what I would typically need/use, but as you said, this is an example. I need to check out these 'Info Controls' in more detail and function.

Is there any Video tutorials showing an example setup/use? [curious].

back to checkin' this out.

Thanks
Old 01-13-2019, 07:53 PM   #5690
RJHollins

More playing with Channel ALT.

Something confusing ... the FX SLOT number ?!?

The Slot number seems to be relating to the position in the visible Scroll List. I thought it would be the actual position in the overall FX chain.

Help me understand this ?
Old 01-14-2019, 01:06 AM   #5691
lb0

Quote:
More playing with Channel ALT.

Something confusing ... the FX SLOT number ?!?

The Slot number seems to be relating to the position in the visible Scroll List. I thought it would be the actual position in the overall FX chain.

Help me understand this ?
You can mousewheel to scroll the list - like in the Reaper mixer.
Old 01-14-2019, 09:50 AM   #5692
RJHollins

Quote:
You can mousewheel to scroll the list - like in the Reaper mixer.
I did figure that part.

My confusion part: Thinking that the SLOT# refers to the position in the actual FX Chain ... not the Alt Channel's scroll list at current view.

If I manually ADD a new plugin [at the default bottom, and then need it at the TOP of the Chain, the Scroll List position doesn't relate to that.

hope that make sense.
Old 01-14-2019, 09:54 AM   #5693
lb0

Quote:
I did figure that part.

My confusion part: Thinking that the SLOT# refers to the position in the actual FX Chain ... not the Alt Channel's scroll list at current view.

If I manually ADD a new plugin [at the default bottom, and then need it at the TOP of the Chain, the Scroll List position doesn't relate to that.

hope that make sense.
Think so - I guess you need enough slots to show all the fx in your chain then? So I'd likely need to increase the max slot offset to something larger than 16?

The next release of Stripper (still a few things to tidy up) - you will be able to double-click on the track fx order dialog (shortcut 1) to open the gui for the selected FX.

Last edited by lb0; 01-14-2019 at 10:44 AM.
Old 01-14-2019, 02:24 PM   #5694
RJHollins

Quote:
Think so - I guess you need enough slots to show all the fx in your chain then? So I'd likely need to increase the max slot offset to something larger than 16?

The next release of Stripper (still a few things to tidy up) - you will be able to double-click on the track fx order dialog (shortcut 1) to open the gui for the selected FX.
lb0 ... we are not really connecting on what I'm describing ... or I'm not understanding the Use and Assignment of SLOTS.

Example: Say I have 14 EFX in a chain. I add a new plug [goes in at the bottom [#15] ...

Now say I want #15 to be moved to the top ... Slot #1.

If I Rt-Clk on the #15 plug, go to InfoCtl Setup, then SELECT FX Slot, It shows a CheckMark on the #4 SLOT [because of where I've Scroll the FX List to. But really ... the Plugin is at the #15 location in my FXChain.

If I still change the Slot ... say to #1 .... the Plugin does NOT move to the #1 Slot ... it only moves relative to where I have scrolled to.

Maybe there is another use for Slots that I don't see for using ?!?

It would be handy to be able to change a Chains ORDER right from STRIPPER.

hope this makes sense.

thanks

---- EDIT ---

Well ... I thought to try again with SLOT assignment [changing the Order].

This is not working like I thought. :|

Although the I did get the Plugin to Move slightly up the list ... the FX List displayed in ChannelALT gets all screwed up. The Order shown in the list messes up all the Order ... and the Plugin I was trying to move actually started to show 2 listings of the same plugin.

Either the SLOT function is buggy ... or I would like to request a new feature. Showing the List of Plugins, and being able to re-order them from STRIPPER.

Last edited by RJHollins; 01-14-2019 at 02:33 PM.
Old 01-14-2019, 02:28 PM   #5695
lb0

Quote:
lb0 ... we are not really connecting on what I'm describing ... or I'm not understanding the Use and Assignment of SLOTS.

Example: Say I have 14 EFX in a chain. I add a new plug [goes in at the bottom [#15] ...

Now say I want #15 to be moved to the top ... Slot #1.

If I Rt-Clk on the #15 plug, go to InfoCtl Setup, then SELECT FX Slot, It shows a CheckMark on the #4 SLOT [because of where I've Scroll the FX List to. But really ... the Plugin is at the #15 location in my FXChain.

If I still change the Slot ... say to #1 .... the Plugin does NOT move to the #1 Slot ... it only moves relative to where I have scrolled to.

Maybe there is another use for Slots that I don't see for using ?!?

It would be handy to be able to change a Chains ORDER right from STRIPPER.

hope this makes sense.

thanks
aha - no - to move a plug from one slot to another - simply left-click drag it to the slot you want it in (down side currently is you cannot mousewheel whilst dragging).

Also - press 1 and you get the fx order dialog popup. Another way - but until my next update - you cannot get to the GUI from this.
Old 01-14-2019, 03:01 PM   #5696
RJHollins

Quote:
aha - no - to move a plug from one slot to another - simply left-click drag it to the slot you want it in (down side currently is you cannot mousewheel whilst dragging).

Also - press 1 and you get the fx order dialog popup. Another way - but until my next update - you cannot get to the GUI from this.
AHAAAAAAAAAA.

OK ... both ways did work ... One thing noticed: Pressing 1 brough up the full list. When I went to MOVE the plugin, Stripper became Non-Responsive for a bit of time. But then redrew and OK.

This is a nice feature.

Now to see if I can stream-line ChannelALT ... removing some aspects that I don't need [getting the displaying showing only the EFX list] [save space].

Also ... yeah, will probably need more SLOTS !
Old 01-14-2019, 04:09 PM   #5697
lb0

Quote:
AHAAAAAAAAAA.

OK ... both ways did work ... One thing noticed: Pressing 1 brough up the full list. When I went to MOVE the plugin, Stripper became Non-Responsive for a bit of time. But then redrew and OK.

This is a nice feature.

Now to see if I can stream-line ChannelALT ... removing some aspects that I don't need [getting the displaying showing only the EFX list] [save space].

Also ... yeah, will probably need more SLOTS !
Will add more slots in next update.

In the meantime - you can add more yourself by simply changing line 33494 (latest version)

currently reads:
for i = 1, 16 do

change the 16 to whatever number fx slots you require.

And let me know - I'll update the dev version so it will be the same on next release.
Old 01-14-2019, 10:23 PM   #5698
RJHollins

Quote:
Will add more slots in next update.

In the meantime - you can add more yourself by simply changing line 33494 (latest version)

currently reads:
for i = 1, 16 do

change the 16 to whatever number fx slots you require.

And let me know - I'll update the dev version so it will be the same on next release.
OK ... I'll expand to 64 Slots [can't ever see more than that].
Old 01-27-2019, 03:57 AM   #5699
Tunca

Hello,

Thanks for this amazing tool.

I started to build some custom consoles.

For example first design is Neve 1073. Used T-Racks Equal for eq section. Will use Kush Audio N-Type transformer for preamp. I will share it when it's done.

Of course you can use it with any Neve model plugins.

Next projects SSL Console, Manley Massive Passive, Pultec. After them, i have some ideas, too.

Note : GUI made with Blender. If you request GUI, contact me.

Thanks.

Tunca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 05:14 AM   #5700
Tunca

By the way i have a problem about bypass.

When i bypass plugin, controls' images goes transparent. But i don't want it. How to disable this feature?

Thanks.
Old 01-27-2019, 06:08 AM   #5701
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunca View Post
By the way i have a problem about bypass.

When i bypass plugin, controls' images goes transparent. But i don't want it. How to disable this feature?

Thanks.
Hi Tunca,

I'll add an option in the next update to allow disabling of this feature
Old 01-27-2019, 06:13 AM   #5702
Tunca

Quote:
Hi Tunca,

I'll add an option in the next update to allow disabling of this feature
Hi lb0!

Thanks! This feature is really important for me!

Instead, everything is great with your script!

Creating my dream consoles

Thanks.
Old 01-27-2019, 06:24 AM   #5703
Tunca

Another thing...

It's not removing FXs while delete strips. I set it in settings but not deleting.

Something wrong or i'm missing?

Thanks.
Old 01-27-2019, 09:02 AM   #5704
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunca View Post
Another thing...

It's not removing FXs while delete strips. I set it in settings but not deleting.

Something wrong or i'm missing?

Thanks.
It depends how you are deleting the strips - I think it works when you hold Alt and choose the red X in LIVE mode. Not able to check when else it works.
Old 01-27-2019, 09:55 AM   #5705
Tunca

Quote:
It depends how you are deleting the strips - I think it works when you hold Alt and choose the red X in LIVE mode. Not able to check when else it works.
Thanks.

Hold Alt + click X working.
Old 01-28-2019, 02:49 PM   #5706
Joesi

Default Okay, this really IS great

I really have to say thank you! I know this has been said before but today I gave it a first try.
That is soooo awesome!
Actually, that is what I was waiting for.
I found out that I used to purchase plugins because I was never satisfied with the layout. I mean, how many plugins does one REALLY need? I couldn't modify the existing ones so I tried to write my own...What a pain in the a... just to get my own preferred layout. However I always had fun designing the GUI. And here your amazing script came in handy.
When you play around and create your own GUI it is so easy to forget that this is not a new plugin you are enjoying. Just a new look and feel.
Right now, I'm building my essential "balance-the-mix plugin". I love the look and the ballistics of old german plasma meters so I created one. In combination with Meldas MUtility-Plugin it works like a charm. It is calibrated to show the K-14 scale, just like Reapers Masterchannel, but waaaay smoother.
The problem is I love realistic graphics so it took me the whole afternoon to make the plasma meter as realistic as possible. :-D
Old 01-28-2019, 02:49 PM   #5707
RJHollins

OK ... I'm looking to add more control features to any of my STRIPS.

For example:

I use the A/B Match Level [js] plugins, book-end, around a specific plugin [N-4].

The A/B plug works in PAIRS, where there is a LinkID Parameter that offers 32 COM Channels to link a pair.

I can assign a KNOB to each [of the pair] to set an ID channel.

Then, I tried a MACRO CONTROL to LINK the 2 KNOBS, thereby changing BOTH plugins LinkID channels. OK ... this kinda works ... however ?!?

The MACRO CONTROL only displays IT'S Value [0.xx-1]. Moving the MACRO does move the 2 Linked Knobs, however, the VALUE display of either Knob does NOT change... and the MACRO only shows it's Value [not any relation to what KNOB values].

So basically ... I can't seem to DISPLAY what the actual VALUE of the 2 LINKED Knobs are :| [although I can control [via Macro] both.

It's seems I'm ALMOST able to do this ... but then ... NOT.

Is there another LBX feature I should be using ? or is this something that could be added.

Thanks for following this [how it's clear to understand - let me know].

And THANKS !
Old 01-28-2019, 02:56 PM   #5708
lb0

Quote:
OK ... I'm looking to add more control features to any of my STRIPS.

For example:

I use the A/B Match Level [js] plugins, book-end, around a specific plugin [N-4].

The A/B plug works in PAIRS, where there is a LinkID Parameter that offers 32 COM Channels to link a pair.

I can assign a KNOB to each [of the pair] to set an ID channel.

Then, I tried a MACRO CONTROL to LINK the 2 KNOBS, thereby changing BOTH plugins LinkID channels. OK ... this kinda works ... however ?!?

The MACRO CONTROL only displays IT'S Value [0.xx-1]. Moving the MACRO does move the 2 Linked Knobs, however, the VALUE display of either Knob does NOT change... and the MACRO only shows it's Value [not any relation to what KNOB values].

So basically ... I can't seem to DISPLAY what the actual VALUE of the 2 LINKED Knobs are :| [although I can control [via Macro] both.

It's seems I'm ALMOST able to do this ... but then ... NOT.

Is there another LBX feature I should be using ? or is this something that could be added.

Thanks for following this [how it's clear to understand - let me know].

And THANKS !
Hey RJ,

What you need to do is switch off the display of the macro control - and add one of the actual LinkID parameters as the actual display (we assume the two linkID's will be the same if we only use the macro control to change them).

You could use a transparent or static box type control graphic and set the control type to METER - to prevent clicking on this only changing one linkID (and them getting out of sync).

Would this work? I'm pretty sure it will for your purpose.

L.
Old 01-28-2019, 03:01 PM   #5709
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joesi View Post
I really have to say thank you! I know this has been said before but today I gave it a first try.
That is soooo awesome!
Actually, that is what I was waiting for.
I found out that I used to purchase plugins because I was never satisfied with the layout. I mean, how many plugins does one REALLY need? I couldn't modify the existing ones so I tried to write my own...What a pain in the a... just to get my own preferred layout. However I always had fun designing the GUI. And here your amazing script came in handy.
When you play around and create your own GUI it is so easy to forget that this is not a new plugin you are enjoying. Just a new look and feel.
Right now, I'm building my essential "balance-the-mix plugin". I love the look and the ballistics of old german plasma meters so I created one. In combination with Meldas MUtility-Plugin it works like a charm. It is calibrated to show the K-14 scale, just like Reapers Masterchannel, but waaaay smoother.
The problem is I love realistic graphics so it took me the whole afternoon to make the plasma meter as realistic as possible. :-D
Glad you're enjoying using the script

Would love to see this 'plasma' meter.

I've not looked at Melda MUtility. I have their creative bundle (was lucky enough to get it really cheap years ago - and it's just grown and grown - and I've not had to pay any more for all the amazing new plugins).

So - do I understand correctly - that MUtility can output metering values as automation (so you can link it to a Stripper meter control)? If so - that would be totally amazing! EDIT: Ok - tried MUtility out and I don't think it does what I thought it might. How exactly are you using this plugin to help with your metering? - are you placing it before one of the JS plugins we use to send audio metering to stripper?

Last edited by lb0; 01-28-2019 at 03:23 PM.
Old 01-28-2019, 03:06 PM   #5710
RJHollins

Quote:
Hey RJ,

What you need to do is switch off the display of the macro control - and add one of the actual LinkID parameters as the actual display (we assume the two linkID's will be the same if we only use the macro control to change them).

You could use a transparent or static box type control graphic and set the control type to METER - to prevent clicking on this only changing one linkID (and them getting out of sync).

Would this work? I'm pretty sure it will for your purpose.

L.
Oh Yes ... that does Work !

Thank-you very much
Old 01-28-2019, 03:25 PM   #5711
RJHollins

Quote:
Oh Yes ... that does Work !

Thank-you very much
OK ... the only drawback ... I can't seem to place the Display Value on
top of the KNOB [space saving maneuver].
Old 01-28-2019, 03:31 PM   #5712
lb0

Quote:
OK ... the only drawback ... I can't seem to place the Display Value on
top of the KNOB [space saving maneuver].
Yeah - overlapping controls is not possible in Stripper - would be way way too much wasted CPU dealing with this. It might work if you use a transparent control graphic for the macro control (so you could only have a 'box' type control) - then overlay the 'meter' linkid control - and in page 3 of CTL OPTIONS - tell the macro control to bypass drawing background (top 3 options), and make sure the 'meter' control is set to click-through.

This might work if you really want to save that space.

EDIT: Yes - just tested and this seems to work ok.

Last edited by lb0; 01-28-2019 at 03:36 PM.
Old 01-28-2019, 05:19 PM   #5713
RJHollins

Quote:
Yeah - overlapping controls is not possible in Stripper - would be way way too much wasted CPU dealing with this. It might work if you use a transparent control graphic for the macro control (so you could only have a 'box' type control) - then overlay the 'meter' linkid control - and in page 3 of CTL OPTIONS - tell the macro control to bypass drawing background (top 3 options), and make sure the 'meter' control is set to click-through.

This might work if you really want to save that space.

EDIT: Yes - just tested and this seems to work ok.
Ok ... trying to get this working over here.

First ... the Control Macro needs to be able to move through values ... I chose a Knob for that. [the 2 knobs BEING controlled are Hidden].

So this main Macro ... needs to be a Knob [at least], unless there is another way [i don't know]. When I RT-Clk on Macro Knob, I UN-check VISIBLE. Is this the reference to 'transparent'?

Then I do the things for the Display.

Now I'm not able to move the Hidden Knob to change values.

I'm not doing this right ... am I :|
Old 01-28-2019, 06:44 PM   #5714
RJHollins

attempt 3

ok ... went with the BOX MACRO. Made BOX a Knob/Slider.

Then placed a METER Macro, checked Bkgrnd and Clickthrough.

Still ... the numeric display is getting over-written.

still experimenting.

--- edit ---

Restate the goal.

to make a numeric display box that can be adjusted via the mouse or wheel with
numeric displayed.

Last edited by RJHollins; 01-28-2019 at 06:54 PM.
Old 01-28-2019, 07:07 PM   #5715
RJHollins

OK .... GOT IT .... YEAH !

Next to Solve:

Can the 2 components, the background Slider/Knob/BOX and the Display METER be GROUPED into a single control to make it easier to assemble the overall GUI ? A User adjustable field box.

Springing another idea ... Numeric EDIT box [that could be tougher to implement due to bound limits and such].

Last edited by RJHollins; 01-28-2019 at 07:44 PM.
Old 01-28-2019, 11:02 PM   #5716
RJHollins

UPDATE.

Well ... thanks for the pointers, helping me implement a useful feature into my STRIP.

After several attempts, I finally found/learned the right way to connect the various LBX features. YEAH.

This new addition now allows even more time spent using the LBX GUI, and less time having to go back into the actual FX chains for modifications.

For those following along [sorry 'bout that] ... The A/B Matched Level plugins are used as bookends around each plugin in my chain. [as well as a Master instance that spans the entire chain]. They work in pairs. [32 in total].

From the LBX GUI, I've been able to link Buttons to control Bypass functions, as well as Meter the 'difference' values from each plugin [as well as a Reset button].

I can then use the EQ band, make any sonic changes, monitor the Output Level of the plugin, and then adjust that plugins Output Gain based upon what A/B reports.

If I needed to use another LBX Strip on another track, I also needed to be aware of the LinkID channels being used. There can NOT be duplicate use as this confuses the A/B function.

This meant manually changing these LinkID's. Each one separately. Not a big deal, but time consuming ... and in the chain, easy to forget what ID#, etc.

Now through the LBX, I can control BOTH pairs of LinkID's from a single, numeric slider box, to scroll through the ID#s. And I can also see all the ID# right from the LBX GUI.

It took a bit of setting up, but once in Session, will be most useful to me.

Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction, and an obvious HUGH thanks for LBX.
Old 01-29-2019, 02:33 PM   #5717
vdubreeze

I think we need a few sentences of Sharestrip For Dummies

Watched the Installation youtube linked in the first post. Had no idea what was happening (I'm on OS X)

As near as I can figure (to use a sharestrip, not to create one) you open LBX Stripper, hit S to go into proper mode, and right click and import a strip. That's as far as I get. : /

Nothing seems to have been put anywhere. Can someone explain the steps to use a strip? The explanations I find are all just the above. Maybe something not installed needs to be?

Old 01-29-2019, 06:11 PM   #5718
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdubreeze View Post
I think we need a few sentences of Sharestrip For Dummies

Watched the Installation youtube linked in the first post. Had no idea what was happening (I'm on OS X)

As near as I can figure (to use a sharestrip, not to create one) you open LBX Stripper, hit S to go into proper mode, and right click and import a strip. That's as far as I get. : /

Nothing seems to have been put anywhere. Can someone explain the steps to use a strip? The explanations I find are all just the above. Maybe something not installed needs to be?

Hi - sounds like you have the installation procedure for the sharestrip correct.

What should happen - is when you import it it should place the strip file in the currently selected strip folder (does it bring up any info windows BTW? - it should tell you the import has happened - and before that what plugins are required etc).

I don't have a Mac - and there might be something that's not working but have no way of testing.

Could you do as you say - load Stripper - hit S to go into Strip edit mode. Highlight a strip folder in the top half of the sidebar. Then right-click in the bottom half of the sidebar - and choose the Import Sharestrip option.

Select a .sharestrip file for import through the browser.

Can you then describe to me exactly what's happening (visually)? And you can manually check whether a strip file has been created in your /LBXCS_Resources/Strips/<highlighted strip folder>/.

I gotta go to bed now - but will follow up in the morning...
Old 01-29-2019, 06:21 PM   #5719
vdubreeze

Thank you, lb0! I'll follow that and report back.
Old 01-30-2019, 10:18 AM   #5720
Joesi

Quote:
Glad you're enjoying using the script

Would love to see this 'plasma' meter.

I've not looked at Melda MUtility. I have their creative bundle (was lucky enough to get it really cheap years ago - and it's just grown and grown - and I've not had to pay any more for all the amazing new plugins).

So - do I understand correctly - that MUtility can output metering values as automation (so you can link it to a Stripper meter control)? If so - that would be totally amazing! EDIT: Ok - tried MUtility out and I don't think it does what I thought it might. How exactly are you using this plugin to help with your metering? - are you placing it before one of the JS plugins we use to send audio metering to stripper?

Unfortunately, MUtility doesn't feature a readout of the meter envelope. Hmmm, perhaps I should talk with Vojtech from MeldaProduction and suggest that he should consider that.
I use Mutility this way:
The RMS tab gives me whatever time window of audio I need, in case of VU I set it to 300ms. Okay, now I route the output of MUtility to (e.g.) 3+4. In stripper, drag a "track-->Meters-->ch3"-element to the grid. assign a meter-png. Done.
As each Reaper-channel provides 64 channels you have 32 possibilities of stereo metering at any point of the FX chain. Just insert another instance of MUtility and set it to another output. (of course one that isn't used by any plugin in the chain.)
MUtility is naturally very light-weighted regarding CPU consumption, so it isn't a deal breaker using it for that purpose.

Oh, and of course, you will see the plasma meter :-D I made a first raw draft, but I definitely will refine it...being a part of my virtual mixer (with replaceable EQ/Comp/Sat-modules. Way more flexible than Waves' CLA mixhub)
Attached Images
File Type: png Stripper first work cutout.PNG (54.7 KB, 218 views)

Last edited by Joesi; 01-30-2019 at 10:23 AM.