Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > ReaScript, JSFX, REAPER Plug-in Extensions, Developer Forum

Old 10-13-2018, 01:49 PM   #81
daxliniere
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bunker View Post
...otherwise we would all hear the kick everytime sidechaining in this manner.
Do you have speakers connected to your 3+4 outputs..?
daxliniere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 03:04 PM   #82
mpl

I still didn`t found a way to connect plugins properly, because it require kind of smart linking (or hard limitations, like '31 wires per chain').

Example:
you drag new wire from bottom pin from FX 1 to top pin of FX 3 in WiredChain.
Expectation:
signal from FX 1 left channel out goes to FX 3 right channel in
Reality:
  • scenario1: set FX1pin2out to channel 1, set FX3pin1in to channel 1, erase any pin in FX2pin sending channel1 (scenario2: or leave/merge it)
  • scenario3: set FX1pin2out to channel 2, set FX3pin1in to channel 2, erase any pin in FX2pin sending channel2 (scenario4: or leave/merge it)
  • scenario5: set FX1pin2out to any free unused channel, set FX3pin1in any unused channel (scenario6: merge it with any incoming stuff from other channels)
mpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 03:31 PM   #83
The Bunker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpl View Post
One of reasons I built WiredChain is to show signal flow as it is in real life.
In the pic you attached the real signal flow going through ReaComp (channels 3/4) to output is hidden in script GUI, because there is no way to directly overview that using Reaper API (I did it via various relatively complex signal flow checking code snippets).
Prove:
1) create multichannel send from track with chain like this to another 4-channel track
2) insert multichannel analyzer or just see mixer levels at destination 4-channel track

Correct me if I`m wrong.

It shouldn`t be heard if you don`t use multichannel send.
Hmmm I'm really confused by this...

If the signal coming in is being "connected" to the output of the channel then its output should be heard. I am not sure where the multi channel send is coming into play here, the send would be before all of this on the sending track and not on the track with the sidechained compressor on it... or do you mean like a multi channel master output rather than your typical stereo master output???
The Bunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 10:08 PM   #84
mpl

Multichannel output.
In WiredChain you have an options to hide 3+ outputs or track in to out direct links, so you don't have to mess with things like that visually.
Old 10-14-2018, 01:41 PM   #85
The Bunker

Quote:
Multichannel output.
In WiredChain you have an options to hide 3+ outputs or track in to out direct links, so you don't have to mess with things like that visually.
Oh ok... how do I do this? Sorry if all these questions seem a bit elementary but I am really confused by what actually is going on in Reaper's routing when things like multi-channel tracks and side-chaining are being utilised.
Old 10-14-2018, 05:47 PM   #86
mpl

See a menu by ">" button.
Old 10-15-2018, 03:30 PM   #87
The Bunker

Quote:
See a menu by ">" button.
aaah perfect that did the trcik. Thanks.
Old 05-31-2019, 06:13 AM   #88
Naquela

hi

i like to change the default Y position for to the effects,

the logic here is to create a default position for x,y that i like and use it by default .

it will be nice if the size(x) of the effect can be changed, and the distance
in between them .this way i can see more effects if i decrease the size ,

If you can tell me where is the variable in the code i think i can change it.

Lots of thanks.
Old 06-27-2019, 08:32 AM   #89
Travesty

Nice work.

I found an issue

- add 3 plugins to a chain
- disable all of them
- enable the last one

The last plugin will now think it is in a solo state

- unsolo the last plugin

All of the chain now becomes enabled

It would be better if the solo mode was determined by the user, rather than being derived from the number of enabled plugins
It would also be good if the script could remember the enable state of the non solo'd plugins while solo is active, otherwise solo always results in a loss of this information.

Thanks
Travesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 12:10 PM   #90
mpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post
Nice work.

I found an issue

- add 3 plugins to a chain
- disable all of them
- enable the last one

The last plugin will now think it is in a solo state
This is by design since plugin itself doest have "solo" state, it can be only bypassed (aka muted), solo state is auto set if single plugin enabled in the chain.
Old 06-28-2019, 02:41 AM   #91
Travesty

Quote:
This is by design since plugin itself doest have "solo" state, it can be only bypassed (aka muted), solo state is auto set if single plugin enabled in the chain.
Cool, but would it not be possible to store the states of all plugins on the track when solo is pressed, or would that take too much resource, or cause too much complexity?
Travesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 11:45 AM   #92
venman

I really hoped to use this for complex parallel routing (otherwise why would I need a separate plugin for serial processing?) but this gif from above is I exactly what I get and it makes the plugin completely unusable:

https://mir-s3-cdn-cf.behance.net/pr...c8d515aaca.gif

It also breaks connections that I am OK with! Whyyyyy? So much hope and my heart is completely broken just like these connections.

I must mention that I don't know how complex routing works in Reaper (that's why I need such plugin) and I am almost sure it is Reaper's fault.. But I just don't get why would anyone need such a plugin then (no offence, I use your other awesome plugins).

What I was hoping to see is similar to how predictible connections behave in other modular environments, such as Reaktor, Minihost Modular, Bidule, etc. If you delete a module, its connections are alse deleted, but all other are left alone. If you drag a connection to the pin, and if there is a connection there already, it may (or may not - then it is summed) be deleted, but no other connections get broken.

Please, please, tell me I am missing something!
venman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 12:07 PM   #93
mpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by venman View Post
I really hoped to use this for complex parallel routing (otherwise why would I need a separate plugin for serial processing?) but this gif from above is I exactly what I get and it makes the plugin completely unusable:

https://mir-s3-cdn-cf.behance.net/pr...c8d515aaca.gif

It also breaks connections that I am OK with! Whyyyyy? So much hope and my heart is completely broken just like these connections.

I must mention that I don't know how complex routing works in Reaper (that's why I need such plugin) and I am almost sure it is Reaper's fault.. But I just don't get why would anyone need such a plugin then (no offence, I use your other awesome plugins).

What I was hoping to see is similar to how predictible connections behave in other modular environments, such as Reaktor, Minihost Modular, Bidule, etc. If you delete a module, its connections are alse deleted, but all other are left alone. If you drag a connection to the pin, and if there is a connection there already, it may (or may not - then it is summed) be deleted, but no other connections get broken.

Please, please, tell me I am missing something!
You probably missed how complex REAPER routing is and how it works. Even this tool can`t work completely "right" as I tried to design it when started. The are couple of conditions (aka limitations) here, so you cant just drop wires whatever you want even with some sort of "smart" scheme I built. This script seems to need complete rebuilt, but again - anyway there are some conditions that makes impossible to built such stuff natively without custom JSFX.

Last edited by mpl; 12-04-2019 at 11:56 PM.
Old 12-04-2019, 01:48 PM   #94
EvilDragon

Would be nice to have an option for wire thickness and antialiasing them (especially in Bezier mode).
EvilDragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 11:55 PM   #95
mpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon View Post
Would be nice to have an option for wire thickness and antialiasing them (especially in Bezier mode).
I didn't get better results (believe me I tried), any GitHub commits are welcome.
Old 12-05-2019, 01:17 AM   #96
todoublez

oh my, this is brilliant.
todoublez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 03:02 PM   #97
Ozman

Quote:
(after some long nights in Reaper + VCVRack + Reaktor)

I`m going to rebuild this as eurorack-look GUI as something like a ReaRack structure with JSFX sitting after every FX in the chain. Currently it is awfully designed. Totally unusable shit...
Well, I'm definitely on board for testing and feedback.
Ozman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 02:48 PM   #98
Reflected

edit: let me check again!
Reflected is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 03:11 PM   #99
Reflected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivannn Bennnettt View Post
Button switcher between mode but I guess you mean maintain code and I'm afraid you should to figure out how to do that else it'll be total chaos)

ok i get the same weirdness here.

I just don't get why don't they add more people to the development so we all enjoy better tools in reaper.

I really struggle to get a good fx chain in reaper currenly.

a tool like this is really cool and big WAY TO GO for you mate, but this is nothing like a native routing tool like studio one/flstudio and many other daws gives.

lots of inspiring tools that are needed in reaper urgently just get a semi working workaround.

don't get me wrong. your work is awesome, but it is not like a native tool.
I would pay again the price of reaper to get it more featured with good looking and inspiring tools like better routing view for an fx chain... ok ok lets start with a better looking fx chain's window

Old 02-11-2021, 04:16 PM   #100
Reflected

Quote:
EDIT:17.05.2020 I left it as is for now, the 4th prototype still have bad behaviour because of too much limitations of REAPER flexible routing. Near impossible to implement it without external tools. So I`ll probably stick it as is and return to it in the future...
OUCH but this was somehow obvious...
I think that the devs need to work on it.

so many users wasted their time to make something like this and eventually left it because of reaper's limitation.

this should be a native tool in order to work properly.
we need this so much
Old 05-07-2021, 07:11 AM   #101
Reflected

Hey MPL

maybe the new pin connector system will work better with your script?

do you have plan to continue this?
this is something that I would donate for if it could work well
Old 05-07-2021, 09:11 AM   #102
mpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reflected View Post
Hey MPL

maybe the new pin connector system will work better with your script?

do you have plan to continue this?
this is something that I would donate for if it could work well
Does Cockos implemented API for changin pass-through per-pin behaviour? If not, there is still limitation. The script in almost any kind of implementation looks like workaround anyway.

Last edited by mpl; 05-07-2021 at 09:27 AM.
Old 05-08-2021, 04:20 AM   #103
mschnell

Quote:
The script in almost any kind of implementation looks like workaround anyway.
A Reaper extension or maybe a VST (not actually handling the Audio and Midi transfer, but "simulating" a container by tweaking the routing and moving the Plugin controllers via DAW parameters) could be a viable solution. But supposedly it can't overcome limitations in the Reaper API.
-Michael (hugely preferring a Matrix display (like a Crossbar switch) over any "Spaghetti" wire picture)

Last edited by mschnell; 05-08-2021 at 04:30 AM.
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 06:27 AM   #104
mpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschnell View Post
A Reaper extension or maybe a VST (not actually handling the Audio and Midi transfer, but "simulating" a container by tweaking the routing and moving the Plugin controllers via DAW parameters) could be a viable solution. But supposedly it can't overcome limitations in the Reaper API.
-Michael (hugely preferring a Matrix display (like a Crossbar switch) over any "Spaghetti" wire picture)
Base64 in plugin chunk can be somehow parsed. But you can`t workaround (for example) feedback without using additional JSFX handling audio/MIDI over FX chain plugins.
Old 05-08-2021, 02:32 PM   #105
mschnell

Sorry, but I supposedly completely fail to understand what you mean here.

-Michael
Old 05-08-2021, 08:53 PM   #106
mpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschnell View Post
Sorry, but I supposedly completely fail to understand what you mean here.

-Michael
API limitations is MIDI bus settings and pass through behaviour. These parameters can be theoretically parsed from base64 chunk from RPP. Are there another limitations? I meant there are things impossible to implement without external tools.
Old 05-08-2021, 10:25 PM   #107
mschnell

Yep. A Reaper extension a VST and a thread would suffer from the same API limitations.

Modifying the configuration files would be very clumsy.

-Michael
Old 08-28-2022, 12:53 AM   #108
fero@reaper

I have 2 requests which i think would make this much more usable in my opinion, hopefully they can be achieved with the APIs available now. If not, pls let me know.
1. is it possible to have an option for the + button that adds 2 more track channels to be not routed automatically? Like when i press + button say, 5,6 channels are added, these channels already have some routing as can seen in the gif, can these new channels be empty instead?

2. when I Alt+click a connection to remove the pin, is it possible to also remove its respective source/dest pin as well? like in the gif when i remove the connection from 2nd channel of "delay" its respective connection that is, "volume trim"'s 2nd channel stays on. can we have it turn off both ways? so if i remove one pin, the other also turns off?

Last edited by fero@reaper; 09-19-2022 at 01:47 AM.
fero@reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 12:33 PM   #109
ZambaBoeee

Is the WiredChain package removed from reapack?
I can't find it in the reapack browse packages, i have imported the repository and other packages like the Various_functions are visible.
ZambaBoeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2023, 12:56 AM   #110
mpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZambaBoeee View Post
Is the WiredChain package removed from reapack?
I can't find it in the reapack browse packages, i have imported the repository and other packages like the Various_functions are visible.
yes, it is no longer supported and moved to archive repo

I would take care of this if once custom signal flow will be implemented, there are couple attempts for this (zero output pins flags, parallel fx chain and feedback, but it is far from what can be used for modular fashoin linking) https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=270810
Old 09-01-2023, 10:54 PM   #111
ZambaBoeee

Quote:
yes, it is no longer supported and moved to archive repo

I would take care of this if once custom signal flow will be implemented, there are couple attempts for this (zero output pins flags, parallel fx chain and feedback, but it is far from what can be used for modular fashoin linking) https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=270810
oh I see. I hope we'll get to see this feature soon.
ZambaBoeee is offline   Reply With Quote