Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for macOS

Old 02-10-2014, 10:43 AM   #1
5string
Human being with feelings

Default no sounds from Reaper (or GarageBand) after the Mac has be "asleep"

whenever working with a song and i put the Mac to "sleep" and when i come back, "wake" the Mack, i see my Reaper project is still on the screen. whenever i try to playback my song there is no sound coming from my speakers or phones. i can see the sound "jumping" in my master track but i can't hear anything. i've checked all my config settings (drivers, input, output etc) and nothing seems to have changed . i also use GarageBand as a DAW and see the same prob with it. the ONLY way i've found to get my sound back is to reboot the Mac, open Reaper (or G B). load my project and "wah lah" i've got music again. i have Reaper ver 4.581 and GarageBand 'll (ver 6.0.5 [428.5] ) and the Mac is ver
10.9.1 [i think maverick]

Anyone know what's going on here - would sure app a reply if you do.

5string
Old 02-10-2014, 11:14 AM   #2
jimmey

To be honest I would just shut down if you leave for a longer time. There is no real benefit in time for that kind of work. This could be anything. OS X bug, your interface not refreshing properly, some settings have changed.

I would update Reaper though
jimmey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 11:35 AM   #3
serr

Rule of thumb is DAW apps are not something to use the sleep feature with...

Sleep shuts down the USB and firewire ports. You're probably disconnecting from your interface.

You truly need to reboot?
If you go to Reaper Preferences/Audio/Device and select your interface again (or go through the motions if it already appears still selected) and hit apply - it just doesn't work? Or your interface has disappeared from the list?
serr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 11:18 AM   #4
5string

many tks 4 replies, guys

not what i wanted to hear but honesty is always appreciated over and above anything else.