Old 01-03-2019, 12:10 AM   #1
w176561612
Human being with feelings

Default adifaceXT Recording high pitch noise

Hey ,I have a problem during the live recording .
Here is my set.DIgico SD10 gives two madi signs to RME madi converter ,MADI converter to Rme madiface XT,running 128ch madi recording by Reaper.
During the first day soundcheck work very fine.but second soundcheck i have a high pitch noise in my monitor headphone(MadifaceXT headphone ports)..and i try to mute every singer channel,still have this noise.and i quit Reaper find the wav audio file ,ALL AUDIO TRACK IS CLEAN.that means recording is no problem.And then i open then session recording again everything is fine until the show finnish.
Maybe this is the problem or bug in DAW?i am curious what will cause this kind of problem.Thank you
w176561612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 08:43 PM   #2
drumphil
Human being with feelings

Sounds to me like a ground loop problem. Is the noise ever present in the headphones with nothing connected to the madiface except for the headphones and the link to the computer?

The circumstances do sound a bit strange, but that sort of noise is usually ground loop related which is why my thinking starts there.

If you have the madiface connected to the digico, but disconnect all the inputs on the digico, does the noise still happen? If the noise still happens then you can eliminate anything upstream of the digico as the source of the problem.

Last edited by drumphil; 01-10-2019 at 09:00 PM.
drumphil is offline   Reply With Quote