Old 07-21-2009, 01:40 PM   #41
Fabian
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by reapercurious View Post
i live in a horrible place called sweden.
You live in Sweden and you tell me you don't have the 500 SEK to pay for Reaper? Stay at home on a Saturday instead of going out and you have that money and more...
Old 07-21-2009, 01:44 PM   #42
DarkStar

Quote:
lets come with some more open minded ways to streamline the nag screen, legally. <--key word there.
Jeez, the nag screen is there for a good, fair reason. - To remind the user to buy a licence. The only legal way to streamline it is ...

Buy a licence.

Quote:
how many times do i have to say i am going to buy a license? I think i said that in almost every post in this thread.
Stop saying it, just do it.
$50 in Sweden is two or three meals (I would think) or one bottle of spirits. So skip a meal a week and in three weeks you'll have the money.

You are losing my sympathy.

----------------
I'm done and out of this.

Last edited by DarkStar; 07-21-2009 at 01:46 PM.
Old 07-21-2009, 02:34 PM   #43
cerendir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabian View Post
You live in Sweden and you tell me you don't have the 500 SEK to pay for Reaper? Stay at home on a Saturday instead of going out and you have that money and more...
Word.

reapercurious, I live in Sweden. I'm unemployed, and *I* could afford a license. And if you honestly can't scrape together 500SEK over a couple of months then you have more pressing problems than whether or not a nag screen can be disabled. Get your priorities sorted, dude. Sell your TV, or whatever.

Last edited by cerendir; 07-21-2009 at 02:53 PM.
Old 07-21-2009, 02:36 PM   #44
reapercurious

thanks again for the feedback!

i guess its safe to say that most reaper forum denizens dont like the idea of tinkering with the nag screen. but i am afraid you got me confused as someone talking about illegal stuff. my ip address is well-logged, and i have nothing to fear because nothing i have said is illegal. [edit: except maybe generalities of my past life as an electronic criminal.] i have already seen the nag screen, but i think at this point the nag screen should be for people who havent seen it. i know i need to buy a license. i dont remember complaining about the nag screen. if i did complain, i am sorry but i dont remember anymore.

all of you swedes and people who imagine sweden is easy, well, you are just wrong. i am not european therefore i do not get free money, end of story. the USA does not supply federal loans to students studying in sweden, and thats probably for the best. i eat canned fish and rice, spaghetti, soup, and eggs and potatos on a rotation for the past year. i am amazed that i can even get 800 kronor a month from washing dishes and collecting cans, and i dont call that a job. yes, everyone speaks english until you want to get a job, then all of a sudden things get weird. prove me wrong. you can't. basically, i dare any american with no money from parents to just up and start living in sweden by yourself with no knowledge of sweden for two years and no residual income or savings. double dog dare ya. what? thats what i thought, you can't do it. you would be living the lyrics of a black metal song, not listening to it. i double dog dare anybody in the world to try living in sweden at all. in my personal experience, it is truly depressing and unexceptional in every way. again, no offense to the swedes who have a safety net, but its not happening for me, who does not.

other than that, i am pretty comfortable with myself. i know its fun for some of you mens to jump in and start throwing punches on a beatdown thread, but i can take way more than any of you can dish out so please save the aggression for someone it will be effective against.

ok, on a positive note

which one of you are running cockos inc? i really love the project, and i do a great amount of word of mouth advertising for you, just like thousands of other people who recognize good work. maximum respect.

Last edited by reapercurious; 07-21-2009 at 02:40 PM.
Old 07-21-2009, 02:41 PM   #45
Jae.Thomas

Quote:
thanks again for the feedback!

i guess its safe to say that most reaper forum denizens dont like the idea of tinkering with the nag screen.
its illegal. it has nothing to do with how the reaper forum denizens feel about it.
Old 07-21-2009, 02:51 PM   #46
Lokasenna

Quote:
but i am afraid you got me confused as someone talking about illegal stuff.
1. Illegal copy of the software.
2. Disabling it to stop reminding you that it's an illegal copy, otherwise known as circumventing Reaper's [very flimsy and generous] anti-piracy scheme. Cracking is considered illegal in most "modern" countries, as far as I know.

Whether you're doing it for malicious reasons is irrelevant.

Quote:
i have already seen the nag screen, but i think at this point the nag screen should be for people who havent seen it.
So a nag screen should only pop up once, just so you know you're supposed to pay now? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of nagging you to do it?

Quote:
i dont remember complaining about the nag screen. if i did complain, i am sorry but i dont remember anymore.
While you haven't specifically complained, repeatedly asking for a way to disable it IS pretty much complaining. It clearly annoys you (which is what it's there for), and you're complaining that you have to sit through it.
Old 07-21-2009, 03:14 PM   #47
reapercurious

thanks guys. i however have to keep asking because if i dont, i think that is against forum etiquette because i would then be off topic. i have tried my very best to remain polite in spite of some impolite responses. i think this thread is bringing out interesting things from deep inside of me though. thats why i have to say thanks. hopefully this thread can also serve as a milestone in the reaper community, just to remind the general population about where this community stands!

i never ever want to suggest a reversal of engineering or hacking, no more than it takes a hacker to turn a midi note into a triangle!

just a little curious about something small, but it turned into my feelings about my life, and that has been very valuable to me. now i feel like i owe some of you for therapy costs!

Old 07-21-2009, 03:20 PM   #48
sstillwell

Quote:
thanks guys. i however have to keep asking because if i dont, i think that is against forum etiquette because i would then be off topic.
No. The correct thing is to stop asking. CONTINUING to ask is against etiquette because...you've been asked to politely, you've been told to not-so-politely, and because you are asking to bypass a valid part of the software, whether it's from curiosity, need, or whatever. It's wrong. This thread is done.

Scott