Old 03-08-2019, 02:28 PM   #5801
woodslanding
Human being with feelings
 
woodslanding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 301
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbralzoom View Post
a quick thinking out loud about enable/disable Track Receive (also for the Send):

using an extra plugin(s) at top of the track chain that pinned to the receive channels
might work ..
for example just use a volume JS for this ..
and import volume parameter in to the Stripper & select Button Type for the control.

plus
there is Mixer JS fx(s) in Stash with Mute & Solo functions
so you can even do Solo the track receives i believe.
well, I'm trying to control midi, not audio, to send certain keyboards to certain tracks.... I originally hoped to filter by port going into my mpeControl jsfx, but I don't think it's actually possible.
__________________
e moon
http://ericmoonmusic.com
>>{ Very Stable Genius }<<
woodslanding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 02:45 PM   #5802
Amparitoo
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 8
Default

I'm losing, I've been looking for this supplement Julian's Reascript API quoted a few days before and I did not find where to download it. Would you be so good to tell me the right place?

Thank you very much, and would it also be nice for someone to complain because it works with LBX stripper?
Amparitoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 02:48 PM   #5803
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,897
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amparitoo View Post
I'm losing, I've been looking for this supplement Julian's Reascript API quoted a few days before and I did not find where to download it. Would you be so good to tell me the right place?

Thank you very much, and would it also be nice for someone to complain because it works with LBX stripper?
sorry

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=212174

download builds:

https://github.com/juliansader/ReaEx..._ReaScriptAPI/

Choose correct version for your system (and at least on windows) place in Reaper/Scripts/UserPlugins/

Not sure I understand your second statement?! ?
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 02:50 PM   #5804
Amparitoo
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 8
Default

my mother!! Neither the customer service Amazon client answers so fast. Thank you very much and there is nothing to forgive, I would just miss
Amparitoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 02:52 PM   #5805
woodslanding
Human being with feelings
 
woodslanding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 301
Default A couple of FRs

Since you seem fearless in the face of feature creep(!), here are a couple of things I'd like to be able to do... heck, maybe you've implemented them already, I don't know.

Have the label for a control be able to change via script. For instance, rather than label a control 'volume' or 'volume-track 1', it would be great if it could contain the name of the current track, or the preset name of the vsti... or instead of 'fx send 2 level' it could be named for the channel or effect or effect preset it's sending to.

I also use a lot of color coding with my current host, (Usine, crazy flexible, but ultimately unstable) and would love to have some kind of background widget that could take the color of a particular channel. So if I have a dozen otherwise-identical strips, they can each have a different background color.

I can make do for the moment, by hard-coding color, of course....
__________________
e moon
http://ericmoonmusic.com
>>{ Very Stable Genius }<<
woodslanding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 03:03 PM   #5806
Arthur McArthur
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Toronto
Posts: 434
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
Unless of course you mean simply having a single track with the stripset name in it's own name (like the strips method) - and this triggers Stripper to load the set and create the tracks as required.
This sounds like it would make the most sense, considering the stripset loads the tracks in itself. The track template could just be a "dummy" track to load in the stripset.
Arthur McArthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 03:25 PM   #5807
timbralzoom
Human being with feelings
 
timbralzoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Turkey/Istanbul
Posts: 1,613
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodslanding View Post
well, I'm trying to control midi, not audio, to send certain keyboards to certain tracks.... I originally hoped to filter by port going into my mpeControl jsfx, but I don't think it's actually possible.
oh .. sorry i missed this!
timbralzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 03:59 PM   #5808
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,897
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodslanding View Post
Since you seem fearless in the face of feature creep(!), here are a couple of things I'd like to be able to do... heck, maybe you've implemented them already, I don't know.

Have the label for a control be able to change via script. For instance, rather than label a control 'volume' or 'volume-track 1', it would be great if it could contain the name of the current track, or the preset name of the vsti... or instead of 'fx send 2 level' it could be named for the channel or effect or effect preset it's sending to.

I also use a lot of color coding with my current host, (Usine, crazy flexible, but ultimately unstable) and would love to have some kind of background widget that could take the color of a particular channel. So if I have a dozen otherwise-identical strips, they can each have a different background color.

I can make do for the moment, by hard-coding color, of course....
I think the sends do take on the name of the target track already, and possibly some of the other controls - but will look into.

I'll see what I can come up with regarding a coloured background - at the moment all strip graphics are bitmaps - so would be hard to do this without developing another type of graphics element. But of course - entirely possible.
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 06:56 PM   #5809
woodslanding
Human being with feelings
 
woodslanding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 301
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
I think the sends do take on the name of the target track already, and possibly some of the other controls - but will look into.

I'll see what I can come up with regarding a coloured background - at the moment all strip graphics are bitmaps - so would be hard to do this without developing another type of graphics element. But of course - entirely possible.
No big deal... just an idea. So the graphics are not pngs?
__________________
e moon
http://ericmoonmusic.com
>>{ Very Stable Genius }<<
woodslanding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 09:15 PM   #5810
woodslanding
Human being with feelings
 
woodslanding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 301
Default

The knobs are pngs, so they should support transparency....

here's my current setup, if you'd like to see what I'm talking about. Usine has support for creating a background color for a group, and I make all my controls semi-transparent.... when I change patches in a vst, the patch name becomes the track name. When I switch to a different fx send, the preset of the destination fx becomes the name of the send fader. When I change the vst of a channel, the color changes as well.

Don't know how much of this I'll be able to recreate in reaper, without becoming a total scripting guru like yourself, but it seems like a lot of it could be done in stripper. Patch selecting (as shown on the left) is going to work well using reaticulate, I think.

Link here (a bit large for the forums): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gT5...ew?usp=sharing

cheers!
-e
__________________
e moon
http://ericmoonmusic.com
>>{ Very Stable Genius }<<
woodslanding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 01:03 AM   #5811
foxAsteria
Human being with feelings
 
foxAsteria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Axis Mundi
Posts: 5,712
Default

I keep trying to use this script because it's so great and powerful like Oz, but I just can't figure out one very critical thing:

Once I have created a strip, how do I go back and tweak it some more? Do I only get once chance? Idk why it's so hard for me to figure out this simple thing...

Any tips plz?
__________________
TwilightMysterySchool
foxAsteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 02:20 AM   #5812
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,897
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodslanding View Post
The knobs are pngs, so they should support transparency....

here's my current setup, if you'd like to see what I'm talking about. Usine has support for creating a background color for a group, and I make all my controls semi-transparent.... when I change patches in a vst, the patch name becomes the track name. When I switch to a different fx send, the preset of the destination fx becomes the name of the send fader. When I change the vst of a channel, the color changes as well.

Don't know how much of this I'll be able to recreate in reaper, without becoming a total scripting guru like yourself, but it seems like a lot of it could be done in stripper. Patch selecting (as shown on the left) is going to work well using reaticulate, I think.

Link here (a bit large for the forums): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gT5...ew?usp=sharing

cheers!
-e
What I mean by bitmaps - is jpegs, pngs, bmps whatever - as in the type of graphics (are they called rasterized?) - anyway not vector - which would be easier to set the colour.
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 02:23 AM   #5813
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,897
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxAsteria View Post
I keep trying to use this script because it's so great and powerful like Oz, but I just can't figure out one very critical thing:

Once I have created a strip, how do I go back and tweak it some more? Do I only get once chance? Idk why it's so hard for me to figure out this simple thing...

Any tips plz?
Easiest way - is to drag the strip to an empty track - edit it from there - then resave the strip.

Of course - once it's used in a project - you'd have to change the strip over manually. I'll think about the possibility of swapping an existing strip to a newer strip - whilst retaining values...
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 03:19 AM   #5814
RJHollins
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,318
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
Easiest way - is to drag the strip to an empty track - edit it from there - then resave the strip.

Of course - once it's used in a project - you'd have to change the strip over manually. I'll think about the possibility of swapping an existing strip to a newer strip - whilst retaining values...
Oh ... that would be very helpful.

Designing an interface I find challenging.

After the initial design, and working with it ... I usually make adjustments,
changes, even new features.

Then ... my previous projects all have an older, not as good, STRIPPER version.

It's a manual switch over. And worth it :|

It's not a major priority [obviously] ... but if it could happen ... nice.
RJHollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 04:21 AM   #5815
foxAsteria
Human being with feelings
 
foxAsteria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Axis Mundi
Posts: 5,712
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
Easiest way - is to drag the strip to an empty track - edit it from there - then resave the strip.

Of course - once it's used in a project - you'd have to change the strip over manually. I'll think about the possibility of swapping an existing strip to a newer strip - whilst retaining values...
Ok that sounds very easy...thanks, I'll try it out. And yes that would be a very helpful possibility I think. You kinda read my mind. I'm trying to make one for my default chain so it would be nice if any updates could be applied universally.
__________________
TwilightMysterySchool
foxAsteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 09:36 AM   #5816
woodslanding
Human being with feelings
 
woodslanding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 301
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
What I mean by bitmaps - is jpegs, pngs, bmps whatever - as in the type of graphics (are they called rasterized?) - anyway not vector - which would be easier to set the colour.
Well, I was just thinking of a plain background color that could sit behind a set of semi-transparent controls, nothing fancier. Maybe as an option when grouping controls.

But I don't know the program that well yet, I should pipe down with the FRs and learn what's already here
__________________
e moon
http://ericmoonmusic.com
>>{ Very Stable Genius }<<
woodslanding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 09:56 AM   #5817
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,897
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodslanding View Post
Well, I was just thinking of a plain background color that could sit behind a set of semi-transparent controls, nothing fancier. Maybe as an option when grouping controls.

But I don't know the program that well yet, I should pipe down with the FRs and learn what's already here
I got ya! Will see.

Seriously keep the FR's coming if you think of anything.

Stripper wouldn't be anything without everyone's FR's!!
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 10:28 AM   #5818
ThrashJazzAssassin
Human being with feelings
 
ThrashJazzAssassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Scotland
Posts: 337
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
keep the FR's coming
I got one! 🕺

I like how this slider changes when mouse-over and mouse-clicked




Thanks for recent updates btw LB 👍👍
__________________
REAPER-OSC-panels
erthoide
ThrashJazzAssassin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 11:12 AM   #5819
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,897
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrashJazzAssassin View Post
I got one! 🕺

I like how this slider changes when mouse-over and mouse-clicked




Thanks for recent updates btw LB 👍👍

Well - the mouse-over thing can't be done at the moment (although might be possible if I can work out how to de-saturate a bitmap when blitting it - but if you mean also the way it drags with the mouse - have you checked out the slider in my version of your Channel strip (my Alt 2 version)?
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 06:30 PM   #5820
ThrashJazzAssassin
Human being with feelings
 
ThrashJazzAssassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Scotland
Posts: 337
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
Well - the mouse-over thing can't be done at the moment (although might be possible if I can work out how to de-saturate a bitmap when blitting it - but if you mean also the way it drags with the mouse - have you checked out the slider in my version of your Channel strip (my Alt 2 version)?
I was thinking maybe a control could have an alternative graphic that would be switched when mouse-over - so I'd pre-desaturate it in a graphics app, but now I remember you saying before about a limit of # of graphics that can be loaded, so maybe not such a good idea.

Yes, the ChannelAltLBX2 is very cool, the slider jumps to the mouse when clicked like Reaper's faders do... You should probably change the 'SCALE PSET' on the sends to 'REAPER VOL' though, if you've not already. *Also, this may be by design but, when follow is off and you change Reaper's selected track, ChannelAltLBX2 shows Reaper's selected track instead of Stripper's selected track. * Ok nevermind, just found the 'Target Selected Track' option... Nice
__________________
REAPER-OSC-panels
erthoide
ThrashJazzAssassin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 07:42 PM   #5821
woodslanding
Human being with feelings
 
woodslanding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 301
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
Well - the mouse-over thing can't be done at the moment (although might be possible if I can work out how to de-saturate a bitmap when blitting it - but if you mean also the way it drags with the mouse - have you checked out the slider in my version of your Channel strip (my Alt 2 version)?
Since I use a touch screen, mouseOver is not a helpful concept for me. But I would like to be able to indicate that a control is not functional by desaturating it. Like if a track is muted, I could desaturate the volume control for the track....

I don't know what other reasons someone might have for desaturation....
__________________
e moon
http://ericmoonmusic.com
>>{ Very Stable Genius }<<
woodslanding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 08:39 PM   #5822
RJHollins
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,318
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodslanding View Post
Since I use a touch screen, mouseOver is not a helpful concept for me. But I would like to be able to indicate that a control is not functional by desaturating it. Like if a track is muted, I could desaturate the volume control for the track....

I don't know what other reasons someone might have for desaturation....
I see something similar ... when we BYPASS a particular plugin, the VIEW in STRIPPER of those Parameter Controls do dim. [a nice feature]. Maybe the Knobs/buttons are different, allowing this.
RJHollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 12:37 AM   #5823
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,897
Default

Well - as far as I can tell and having looked into a little more - currently there is no method of drawing a desaturated bitmap in Reascript - outside of the video window.
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 07:24 AM   #5824
woodslanding
Human being with feelings
 
woodslanding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 301
Default

Boy, I am trying to use this tool, and it's incredibly frustrating.

Has anybody written any sort of beginners user guide? I just really can't understand the organization at a fundamental level.

I've been trying to learn from the videos, but they are on a gigantic monitor, (my monitor isn't even big enough to show the whole stripper screen. I have to drag the titlebar up, just to see the text on the bottom row of buttons.) So I can't read any text on the screen of the videos at all.

I'm about ready to give up
__________________
e moon
http://ericmoonmusic.com
>>{ Very Stable Genius }<<
woodslanding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 07:56 AM   #5825
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,897
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodslanding View Post
Boy, I am trying to use this tool, and it's incredibly frustrating.

Has anybody written any sort of beginners user guide? I just really can't understand the organization at a fundamental level.

I've been trying to learn from the videos, but they are on a gigantic monitor, (my monitor isn't even big enough to show the whole stripper screen. I have to drag the titlebar up, just to see the text on the bottom row of buttons.) So I can't read any text on the screen of the videos at all.

I'm about ready to give up
What's the vertical resolution of your screen?

You can make panel sizes slightly smaller in the Settings menu.

When you say fundamental level - what have you managed to do?

The very very basics are:

You got LIVE mode (for using the strips you've made and manipulating plugin parameters etc), and EDIT modes.

4 Main EDIT modes:
FX/TRACK EDIT modes - the main ones to get started - in FX EDIT mode - you can drag in plugin and (in TRACK EDIT) track parameters to build your strips. TRACK Edit mode also has extra control types - but I wouldn't worry too much about these until you have the rest understood.

GFX EDIT mode - this is the mode where you can add static background graphics and labels. These will always appear behind any controls added via FX EDIT mode.

STRIP EDIT mode - this is where you can save and manage your strips (although it's less important generally than the other modes - but essential for saving your creations).


So to start - you would select a track in Reaper and add a plugin - highlight this track in Stripper (live mode). Switch to FX Edit mode - select the plugin in the list on the left. The parameters will now show underneath the FX list. You can drag these parameters to become controls as part of your strip.

So add all the parameters you want - you can click on a control and change various options via the CTL OPTIONS dialog. Most things I'd hope were self-explanatory - but if you're not sure - play with them and see what happens - many things can be visually seen as you change them.


Once you're happy with your strip - go to STRIP edit mode - and click the SAVE button to save the strip.

Now create another track in Reaper - go to this track in Stripper - go to STRIP EDIT mode (although this can be done in LIVE mode too) - drag the strip you created from the list on the left and drop it on the main strip area. The strip should appear and FX plugins etc will be loaded to the new track as required.

That's the very very fundamentals about creating a strip which can control one or more fx plugins.

Once you're happy with that - and how it works - then decide what you want to do but aren't sure how to - and ask here
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 12:30 PM   #5826
foxAsteria
Human being with feelings
 
foxAsteria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Axis Mundi
Posts: 5,712
Default

lb0 first off I think it's awesome you're still developing, supporting this and taking suggestions. *applause* Mkay, so I figured out how to edit a previous strip based on your guidance earlier. It's kinda difficult though. Few more questions...

1. Is there some way to not have the controls all grouped by default, requiring me to always first click away from the controls to unselect them all and then ctrl+click to select only one? Intuitively I just try to click one and they all get selected. Really hard to get used to... Also is there marquee for selecting multiple controls or just ctrl?

2. I want another fx in my default chain but without adding any controls to the strip; can I still include it somehow, so that the whole chain can be loaded by adding the strip?

3. Once I have the strip, is the only way to view it in the full Stripper GUI, or is there a way to just float the small strip UI I created?

Thanks again! Sorry if these questions are already covered somewhere else. The thread is huge and I learn better from reading/experimentation than videos.
__________________
TwilightMysterySchool
foxAsteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 02:57 PM   #5827
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,897
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxAsteria View Post
lb0 first off I think it's awesome you're still developing, supporting this and taking suggestions. *applause* Mkay, so I figured out how to edit a previous strip based on your guidance earlier. It's kinda difficult though. Few more questions...

1. Is there some way to not have the controls all grouped by default, requiring me to always first click away from the controls to unselect them all and then ctrl+click to select only one? Intuitively I just try to click one and they all get selected. Really hard to get used to... Also is there marquee for selecting multiple controls or just ctrl?

2. I want another fx in my default chain but without adding any controls to the strip; can I still include it somehow, so that the whole chain can be loaded by adding the strip?

3. Once I have the strip, is the only way to view it in the full Stripper GUI, or is there a way to just float the small strip UI I created?

Thanks again! Sorry if these questions are already covered somewhere else. The thread is huge and I learn better from reading/experimentation than videos.
Hi fox,

1. In Settings->General there is the option Simple Select Group Controls - uncheck this.

2. In Settings->Saving check the option Save All FX With Strip.

3. Currently there is no way to float a strip - There 2 modes to use it in - LIVE mode - the standard way - where the strip gets dragged in and stays where it is. MIX Mode (right-click the LIVE Mode button to toggle) - you need to be in MIX mode when you add the strip for it to show up. This mode allows you to reorder strips easily - and displays them top to bottom or left to right. In this mode you can 'float' a strip out of the loaded strips for the track so you can put them where you wish - but they are still part of the main window.

No worries - ask away. I really need to get down to doing some tutorials - but it's very time consuming and there's always something else to be coded first... :| lol.
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 04:06 PM   #5828
foxAsteria
Human being with feelings
 
foxAsteria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Axis Mundi
Posts: 5,712
Default

Thanks dude! Awesome. Ok then I have a couple suggestions. 2 things made that process unintuitive for me so I couldn't figure it out on my own.

First, I had missed that there was a even way to edit settings at all. There is a lot of stuff in that list and "Settings" is easily lost by unnecessarily having the word "Open" in front of it. Usually it's just "Settings" or "Preferences," so my eyes were looking for those letters and looking past it repeatedly.

Second, that Simple Select Group feature I think should definitely be disabled for default. It's counter-intuitive. If there's no marquee, it makes sense to have, just not by default imo. Very frustrating wanting to select a single control and not knowing how.

Ah, one more question...can I apply a strip to an existing chain (of the same fx) without adding more plugins?

Thanks again! Hopefully I can manage from here out.
__________________
TwilightMysterySchool
foxAsteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 04:48 PM   #5829
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,897
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxAsteria View Post
Thanks dude! Awesome. Ok then I have a couple suggestions. 2 things made that process unintuitive for me so I couldn't figure it out on my own.

First, I had missed that there was a even way to edit settings at all. There is a lot of stuff in that list and "Settings" is easily lost by unnecessarily having the word "Open" in front of it. Usually it's just "Settings" or "Preferences," so my eyes were looking for those letters and looking past it repeatedly.

Second, that Simple Select Group feature I think should definitely be disabled for default. It's counter-intuitive. If there's no marquee, it makes sense to have, just not by default imo. Very frustrating wanting to select a single control and not knowing how.

Ah, one more question...can I apply a strip to an existing chain (of the same fx) without adding more plugins?

Thanks again! Hopefully I can manage from here out.
I agree with your suggestions - and I thought the simple group select was off by default (but obviously messed it up).

Your final question is a tough one. It can be done and is easy for single plugin strips (a strip with only one plugin) - but not so easy for multiplugin strips.

Single plugin strips.

First you need to tell Stripper which strip is default for a plugin. In Strip EDIT mode - simply right-click the strip in the list and select the Set Plugin Default option.

Then - in FX EDIT mode - right-click the plugin on the left sidebar (top half) - and it will let you drag in a strip attached to that plugin.

Multiple-plugs

This is more of a fudge and a little more work currently. My method would be Alt-Drag the strip in. It will ask you which track to place the plugins on. Select a dummy track to drop the plugs on so they can be deleted easily.

Now in FX EDIT mode - You will need to reassign each plugin to their controls. To do this - simply left-click+hold on the plugin name in the sidebar (top half) - you will get a box saying reassign plugin. Drag this box over to one of the controls that should be attached to that plugin. All necessary controls will then be reassigned to that plugin.

You'd need to repeat this for all the plugins in the strip.

So it's a bit of extra work - but really doesn't take too long. But I can probably improve it and will hopefully do so in the future.
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 02:55 PM   #5830
woodslanding
Human being with feelings
 
woodslanding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 301
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
What's the vertical resolution of your screen?
Thanks for the quick-start guide! I'll try to get going from there. It's a mighty deep tool for me to navigate without instructions!

My monitor is 768. By the time you subtract the title bar and the taskbar, I have 710px available. Not even 720! I've tried autohiding the taskbar, but that's no fun, as I keep popping it up when I'm working at the bottom of the screen. (How many years has Apple's had a nice delay so you don't pop it up by accident? Thought windows might have picked up on that sometime in the last decade. But they've had 20 years to fix the autoscrolling algorithm, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.)

I'll see if I can make the windows a bit smaller. All the buttons and text seem quite large on my (anti-retina) monitor.

I found 'target selected track', which seems to work great. But I'm confused about how visiblity is affected by which track I have selected. I'd like one area for controls that will change as the selected track changes, but most of my controls need to be visible all the time, and this area would contain controls on different tracks. I'm not clear how to set a control to be one or the other... but I think you may have given me some instructions for that further up the thread, so I'm going to look into that.

If I could see timbralzoom's videos more clearly, I'd be happy to write up some instructions based on them... but I can't read any of the text in the windows.

Still, I have some homework now. I'll go back and try to figure some more things out.

PUZZLES:
I can't figure out what's going on in the multi-position switch window. It's an awesome (and necessary) feature for me. Why are there 2 checkboxes after pos to frame? what is sens? what is the knob at the top of the window for? I thought it would show the value sent out when an item in the list was selected, but it never changes. When I move it, it removes the text from the selected item in the list? Confused.

What is LINK in ctl options?
What is max dp? I click it and it increments, but I don't know what it does, or even how to decrement it.

I guess I have to ungroup controls to edit one of them? It looks like the control is being selected, but the window is stuck on the first control in the group...

Is there a difference between a knob and a slider, besides the graphic used?
What is BG ctl,val,name? BG sounds like background, but I don't think of a background as having a value.

I have a control with some transparency, and I'd like to have a display-only control behind it. I can see both fine until I adjust the top control. Then the bottom control disappears. Is there a way around that?
__________________
e moon
http://ericmoonmusic.com
>>{ Very Stable Genius }<<
woodslanding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 03:15 PM   #5831
foxAsteria
Human being with feelings
 
foxAsteria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Axis Mundi
Posts: 5,712
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
You'd need to repeat this for all the plugins in the strip.

So it's a bit of extra work - but really doesn't take too long. But I can probably improve it and will hopefully do so in the future.
I'll just start holding my breath right now... Yea it's way too much work to do that with every track of every project while preserving the existing settings. I just like the idea of always being able to access my most used controls from a few plugins in one interface and would love for that to be set and forget for all projects, past and future. Ha, well some say I'm a dreamer...

Anyways, in it's current state, I think it's more suited to use in a single live setup, so I'll just work on my live guitar rig for now. Wanna see how it compares to Live Configs. Thanks dude! Will keep an eye out for updates.
__________________
TwilightMysterySchool
foxAsteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 03:19 PM   #5832
woodslanding
Human being with feelings
 
woodslanding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 301
Default

In the 'is it possible' camp:

Can I have a knob run a lua script that takes a value on input?

For instance, could I create a knob that selects tracks?
Code:
tracknum = value of knob   --how do I get the knob value from stripper?
track = reaper.GetTrack(0, tracknum)  
reaper.SetOnlyTrackSelected(track)
__________________
e moon
http://ericmoonmusic.com
>>{ Very Stable Genius }<<
woodslanding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 03:44 PM   #5833
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,897
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodslanding View Post
In the 'is it possible' camp:

Can I have a knob run a lua script that takes a value on input?

For instance, could I create a knob that selects tracks?
Code:
tracknum = value of knob   --how do I get the knob value from stripper?
track = reaper.GetTrack(0, tracknum)  
reaper.SetOnlyTrackSelected(track)
Yep - you need to use the new State Control (numeric) type (find in TRACK EDIT->Other Controls list).

Drag the control into Strip - right-click it (when in edit mode) - choose Set State Info option from menu.

Then choose an External State Name, and a Key. You can use the state name and key you choose in an external script using the GetExtState API to retrieve the value.

Now to trigger the action when the control changes - you need to combine the control with an Action Trigger (using a Macro Control - also in Other Controls list).

So add an Action Trigger control - and right-click it and set it to the correct action from the action list (several ways to do this - easiest is probably selecting the action in the open Action List (in Reaper) and then choosing the 'Assign Command ID from selected item in Action list' option.

Add a macro control.

In live mode - right-click the macro control to edit it.

Click Add Parameters button - add first the State Control to the macro control - then the action trigger control - it's important the action is triggered last.

Finally - for neatness - go back into EDIT mode - and hide the state control and action trigger controls - so you should just require the macro control to both change the value and trigger the action/script.

I've not tried this out exactly - but have done similar things.
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 04:06 PM   #5834
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,897
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodslanding View Post

PUZZLES:
I can't figure out what's going on in the multi-position switch window. It's an awesome (and necessary) feature for me. Why are there 2 checkboxes after pos to frame? what is sens? what is the knob at the top of the window for? I thought it would show the value sent out when an item in the list was selected, but it never changes. When I move it, it removes the text from the selected item in the list? Confused.
I ran out of space to put a label next to the second checkbox - but it's to do with when you break out the control into single value buttons (you can right-click the list to do this) - so rather than having a knob to change the value - you can have multiple buttons each setting a single value.

The SENS option is for when using the AUTO button to automatically fill in values in the list (having chosen number of states). It's mainly for Nebula users - as Nebula (and some other plugins) take a while to update the reported value of the control position after you set it. The Auto button cycles through thousands of positions - monitoring the value after each position. You need to increase the SENS button to slow the process down - so that the values read in by the script are correct.

It depends on the target of the control as to what value is placed in the list. Selecting a state position in the list - and then moving the knob - will alter the value for that state position (so it can be totally customizable).

Quote:
What is LINK in ctl options?
What is max dp? I click it and it increments, but I don't know what it does, or even how to decrement it.

LINK links together both NAME and VALUE parts of a control - so when altering positioning/size/colour etc - you'll alter both with LINK selected.

Quote:
I guess I have to ungroup controls to edit one of them? It looks like the control is being selected, but the window is stuck on the first control in the group...
There's an option in SETTINGS to disable automatic group selection (Simple Select Group Controls).

Quote:
Is there a difference between a knob and a slider, besides the graphic used?
What is BG ctl,val,name? BG sounds like background, but I don't think of a background as having a value.
Not really. Although there is a specific type of slider (not many been created though) that works like a proper slider - ie. moves to exactly where you click on it - or can grab the 'knob' bit). An example of one is in my Channel Alt LBX 2 strip.

Quote:
I have a control with some transparency, and I'd like to have a display-only control behind it. I can see both fine until I adjust the top control. Then the bottom control disappears. Is there a way around that?
There is - but it depends on what type of control sits on top. Basically - when a control is altered - the background is redrawn and then the altered control is redrawn on top of the background. This causes overlapping controls to be drawn badly in most cases.

However - you can disable redrawing the background for a control (CTL OPTIONS - page 3). You can disable redrawing the background for the image part, and the name and value parts separately.

Some graphics types - where the shape of the control changes - will smear nastily if you disable drawing the background, but a control that retains it's shape entirely and does not change size - like a circle or square with no bits poking out - should be ok. So essentially - if the silhouette of the control doesn't change - you can disable the background redraw.

Also - partially transparent pixels need background redraw - or they'll get progressively more opaque as the control gets redrawn.
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 04:12 PM   #5835
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,897
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxAsteria View Post
I'll just start holding my breath right now... Yea it's way too much work to do that with every track of every project while preserving the existing settings. I just like the idea of always being able to access my most used controls from a few plugins in one interface and would love for that to be set and forget for all projects, past and future. Ha, well some say I'm a dreamer...

Anyways, in it's current state, I think it's more suited to use in a single live setup, so I'll just work on my live guitar rig for now. Wanna see how it compares to Live Configs. Thanks dude! Will keep an eye out for updates.
Well - I'm working on it... It's really not trivial - as you may have added or removed plugins, reordered or swapped in different plugins, which is kind of hard to automatically deal with. Then you have the issue of any created snapshots - and what to do with those - do I try to keep existing snapshots even though controls might have been removed or added? It's basically hard to do.

I'll work first on simply getting the strip swapped out and replaced with the newer one.

I'll probably have to have a system where it shows the track plugins - the new strips plugins - and has a good guess at matching them up - but you can change if it gets it wrong.
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 04:31 PM   #5836
woodslanding
Human being with feelings
 
woodslanding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 301
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
there is a specific type of slider (not many been created though) that works like a proper slider - ie. moves to exactly where you click on it - or can grab the 'knob' bit). An example of one is in my Channel Alt LBX 2 strip.
That's a meaningful difference! How do you create that? I think I'd make all my sliders that way...


I just copied my LBX folder into a different reaper install folder, and got this when I run the action to open it:

Cant load file: LBSSTripper-master\LBX Stripper.lua

EDIT: just reloaded the script manually from the action window, and it created a new entry. Maybe the script ID changed or something....

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: png lbxStripperLoadProb.png (23.9 KB, 3 views)
__________________
e moon
http://ericmoonmusic.com
>>{ Very Stable Genius }<<
woodslanding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 04:43 PM   #5837
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,897
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodslanding View Post
That's a meaningful difference! How do you create that? I think I'd make all my sliders that way...


I just copied my LBX folder into a different reaper install folder, and got this when I run the action to open it:

Cant load file: LBSSTripper-master\LBX Stripper.lua

EDIT: just reloaded the script manually from the action window, and it created a new entry. Maybe the script ID changed or something....

Any thoughts? Is there something else I need to do? I thought the script folder was self-contained...

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have you updated the action list to find the new location of the Lua file (as in selected the Load script button)?

If you move the lua file - then Reaper will not know where to find it.

Regarding the slider - download my Channel Alt LBX 2 sharestrip - import it into Stripper and take a look at the slider control (LBX_CircleSlider1).

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/L-...202.sharestrip

Import a sharestrip by going into STRIP EDIT mode - right-click in the strip list and select Import Sharestrip File option. This then loads in the graphics and strip data.

The main thing is to create these sliders - the 'knob' part must touch the top and bottom of the image - ie no border (for vertical type slider) at both extreme values - and in the .knb file - you need to specify the height of the knob part [knbsz]. [Ctltype] must be 7.

Obviously for a horizontal slider - the knob part must touch both left and right sides of the image.
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 05:24 PM   #5838
foxAsteria
Human being with feelings
 
foxAsteria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Axis Mundi
Posts: 5,712
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
Well - I'm working on it... It's really not trivial -
No doubt! Thanks for any/all/past/future efforts! And not that I have any idea what I'm talking about, but what about if the strip just looked for plugins with the same dll name, saved a preset with a specific name, replaced the just the identical plugs with the strip versions and loaded the presets? Idk, that' just how I would go about it manually...

I'm not sure about snapshots. I guess I personally wouldn't need them preserved after updating the default strip.
__________________
TwilightMysterySchool
foxAsteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 07:36 PM   #5839
foxAsteria
Human being with feelings
 
foxAsteria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Axis Mundi
Posts: 5,712
Default

OK I lied...few more questions still.

1. Some of the knobs in my strip can't be moved at all from the strip although they do move when controlled from the plugin. I can also double click to reset them and I tried "unlock all controls."

2. I like symmetry. Can I force the strip to stay in the center of the window? Whenever I add it it, it's up in the top left even though I save it in the center.

3. I opened the Snapshots window and...uh...can't seem to close it again?

4. I accidentally discovered "Mix Mode." What the heck is it?

If I can make a couple more suggestions; instead of writing up a formal guide, why not just add a help section to the bottom just like in the Settings window? So many controls in the main window, secret ones too...mouse tips would really make it a lot easier for noobs to figure things out.

"Use bitmap mask" option not set by default (despite recommendation to have it set). And it's a rather awkward default for just control window width to be locked as well. Both X&Y should be off I think.
__________________
TwilightMysterySchool
foxAsteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 01:25 AM   #5840
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,897
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxAsteria View Post
OK I lied...few more questions still.

1. Some of the knobs in my strip can't be moved at all from the strip although they do move when controlled from the plugin. I can also double click to reset them and I tried "unlock all controls."

2. I like symmetry. Can I force the strip to stay in the center of the window? Whenever I add it it, it's up in the top left even though I save it in the center.

3. I opened the Snapshots window and...uh...can't seem to close it again?

4. I accidentally discovered "Mix Mode." What the heck is it?

If I can make a couple more suggestions; instead of writing up a formal guide, why not just add a help section to the bottom just like in the Settings window? So many controls in the main window, secret ones too...mouse tips would really make it a lot easier for noobs to figure things out.

"Use bitmap mask" option not set by default (despite recommendation to have it set). And it's a rather awkward default for just control window width to be locked as well. Both X&Y should be off I think.
Hmmm - not sure what's going on with your defaults. Although it's possible ctl bitmap didn't exist to begin with - but now things rely on it - so maybe it's just a default I've not changed yet.

There are probably a number of reasons why a control might not be moved - things like active envelopes for the parameter (although this would normally lock it in the plugin as well). If you change track and back again is it still locked? EDIT: Check also CTL OPTIONS (page 3) - clickthrough is unchecked.

2. It sounds like you have autosnap strips when adding setting active. This organises the strips from top left to save space.

Shift+S opens/closes the snapshots window. Or it can be done from right-click menu.

MIX mode - if you use the strip browser (shortcut 0) to drag in strips in MIX mode - they get automatically sorted (vertically/horizontally - yes in centre of screen) and can be quickly reordered (plugins get moved up and down the chain), replaced etc. When you add a strip in this mode - it will be placed in a strip switcher control - which can be used to move it around etc.
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal

Last edited by lb0; 03-15-2019 at 06:23 AM.
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.