Old 03-14-2019, 09:55 AM   #1
TonE
Human being with feelings

Default Auto-midi map first 8/16 controls in track panel actions

Request is for auto-midi learn/mapping first n, (n=8 or n=16, for example) track panel parameters to some preset values for selected track. So you could select any track and would gain immediate access to those parameters displayed in track panel in tcp. As far as I could see there is no such action available yet.
TonE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 10:46 AM   #2
mpl

Relatively easy to script. You have to only choose the way what controls you want to assign.

Last edited by mpl; 03-14-2019 at 11:54 AM.
mpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 07:23 PM   #3
TonE

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpl View Post
Relatively easy to script. You have to only choose the way what controls you want to assign.
One example could be, taking first 8/16 mappings of first fx in first track, then each time applying to the track panel controls. Then this first track could be saved as track template and just by bringing it to first position (first track) it would be active for track panel controls. This sounds like a simple and flexible method, using
- track templates
- simple track position as reference
- taking first fx
- taking first n mappings' sources
Old 03-14-2019, 09:14 PM   #4
mpl

This is totally not typical at all. A lot of people don't care about id of CC learned, or ever mixed OSC/MIDI/Joystick mapping.

Example:
Parameter 1 - MIDI CC 1 Channel 2
Parameter 4 - MIDI CC 5 Channel 5
Parameter 12 - OSC /1/slider5
And now I touch parameter 10. Which mapping should be applied to which parameters?

Last edited by mpl; 03-14-2019 at 11:34 PM.
mpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 08:01 AM   #5
TonE

No, we take in both cases a linear order, like in an array, starting from 0..length-1. Imagine same for track panel controls, if I add first track panel, this would be my array index 0, next control on the track panel gets index 1 and so on, until I have 8 or 16 for example.

Now we take any other track, which has a few midi mappings, for example 8 midi mappings. Important is here we take those exact same source values later for the 8 array track panel controls. If this is still not clear or understandable, I do not know how to explain easier. Everything should be clear already. Anyway, thanks for reading and replying, a bit improvement compared to the past.

Ah, of course I do not care what other people do not care about, for me this is the most important point, using same values, as the controling source values on my hardware I want to keep constant. For example I have 40 controls on Bitstream 3X, emitting Reason mode values, and those I want to use for various purposes, depending how they are mapped in Reaper. Only the mappings in Reaper will do the change, the hardware will stay constant. This is what I would recommend to anyone. The advantage of using Reason mode in Bitstream 3X is, this is a built in setting, so you can never lose this settings, which is a plus to use this mapping for such cases.
Old 03-15-2019, 10:11 AM   #6
mpl

I can code such thing for you for a reasonable donation.
For source I can take some txt file with predefined mapping like

Quote:
1 CC 2 Ch 1
2 CC 3 Ch 1
3 OSC /1/slider
and learn it to current TCP controls for selected track (I guess option "Enable only when track selected" should be set to on)