Old 02-19-2007, 09:57 AM   #1
xackley
Human being with feelings

Default Mixer New row for each folder?

Is there a way to group all the tracks in a folder so that the folder and the included tracks remain on the same row in the mixer.
Sorry if this has been covered.
Thank you
Don
xackley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 12:59 PM   #2
bigwoody

Not sure that this is what you are after, but I'll suggest something. I will assume that you are already using Foldering (since you mentioned it). Now notice on the Folder track there is a button just to the left of the track name. This will compact everything below it (one click reduces once, and two clicks make it tiny) in the track view. As far as the Mixer is concerned, if you right click a track (either in the trackview or the mixer) there is an option checkmark to "show track in Mixer". I had a group of drum tracks under a folder called Drums. I highlighted all of them and then turned off the show option. Now in my mixer I only see the Drum Folder track. Try this with the Reaper Demo song, there is a drum folder set up just like this). Hope this helps, but even if it didn't at least I learned something that I didn't know before. BTW, right click everything, and search the manual. It keeps getting better all the time (along with Jason's WIKI). Reaper is fun stuff....huh??
bigwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 03:03 PM   #3
crankz1

No answer to the question ....
However, it could be handy in large projects to have the ability to spawn (or ReaGenerate) new nameable instances of the mixer.
Show/hide what you wish for a given mixer .... then you'd have dedicated mixers for your large groups/folders.
crankz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 03:48 AM   #4
General Contact Unit

Quote:
Originally Posted by crankz1 View Post
No answer to the question ....
the ability to spawn (or ReaGenerate) new nameable instances of the mixer.
Selectable by a dockable and resizeable window with renameable buttons like Inst, Trk, Bus, In, Out, Vox, Gtr, Drm, Kbd, FX, Mstr, Mon
-Switchfoot
General Contact Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 11:24 AM   #5
xackley

What happend was I was messing with the demo project.
When I opened the mixer, I changed the setting so the channels went to 2 rows. By chance this seperated the track so the folder was left justified, I thought I had found a feature until I added another track, and the folder track went to the end of the top row, leaving it's included tracks on row 2.

What I was hoping I was seeing was an option that each folder created a new row in the mixer.
example

Folder
Vox TTTTTTT
Bas TTTTTT
Keys TTT
G Ac TT
G El TTTTT
Drums TTTTTTTT
Arch TTTTTTT
xackley is offline   Reply With Quote